Your grades vs UGA

Griffmann

Quarterbacks: A

No turnovers. Ainge completed on key third downs. Although he had no TDs (I'm not counting Taylor's), it was clear he commanded the offense.

Wide Receivers: A
Still no deep threats from the receivers, but great job catching the ball. I can't remember any dropped passes.

Runnings Backs: A+
Brilliant game from Foster, Hardesty, and Coker. Smash mouth football at its finest. We moved the ball at will. No more running into our blockers. Our guys found the holes and exploded through them. Hardesty was very impressive, he was proving he deserves more playing time.

Offensive Line: A+
No sacks and a great running game.

Defensive Line: A+
69 rushing yards allowed. I'm sure a lot of this was in the 2nd half when we stopped caring. Some decent pressure on Stafford.

Linebackers: A
Solid tackling, great gang tackling.

Secondary: A
First half performance is an A+, second half is a B+. I think we played a little softer in the 2nd half, but overall I liked what I saw.

Special Teams (Returning): B+
24 total return yards, but hard to get a good grade here when you don't get a lot of kickoffs because your defense is doing so well :) Hefney didn't make any returns, but he didn't get negative yards or muff kicks.

Special Teams (Coverage): A+
Phil, you know I've begged you for weeks and weeks about fixing our coverage problems and it seems like this week you finally listened. Colquitt made all the difference on kickoffs. Instead of receiving the ball at about the 10 yard line, they were starting at their goal line. Our coverage on punts was excellent as we employed a new punt coverage formation which seemed to work well. A nice blocked punt for the second year in a row.

Coaching: A+
New changes helped a decent team become a great team. The staff appeared to give different looks on offense and defense from what we've seen in the earlier games. This was a great adjustment.

OVERALL: A+
I know there were some A's in there, but a lot of them were mostly due to second half performances being averaged in. Our first half was an A+ and that's what I'm going on. Great win Vols!

Special Teams suprised me the most, what a complete turnaround. With Hefney, he usually catched the ball about the time he was going to get nailed, so fair catch all day. There was one time that he had room, but still called for fair catch. I am guessing that was what he was told to do.

Phil actually made some big changes on special teams.

I agree, I was suprised most by that.

We still lose to UF, but what a difference against Cal that may have made.

Time to clear the table and go to Atlanta. If we can't make it, I hope UF loses at least two more games.

I downgrade the Special teams for the idiot that took his helmet off on the field.

I downgrade the Special teams for the idiot that took his helmet off on the field.

Yeah he was a idiot. I was listening to the post game and he said he made a big play and he wasnt thinking and it would never happen again. He also said he went right over to the coaches and said hes sorry, he said it was just a mistake on his part. You live and learn.

Quarterbacks: A
No mistakes, No turnovers and managed the offense well. Really impressed me when he threw that ball away in the first half instead of trying to force it in a tight spot.

Wide Receivers:B+
Nothing Special here. No drops and they were solid. Moore had a nice little catch that I liked to see.

Runnings Backs: A+
Nearly 200 yards rushing, nuff said

Offensive Line: A+
Dominated the LOS all game

Defensive Line: A+
They dominated the LOS all game too. Held a running football team to under 70 yard.

Linebackers: A
Great improvement. Stuffed the run all day long. Need to work on reading those screens though.

Secondary: B
Decent day for the secondary. There were a couple wide open receivers that Stafford just couldn't hit. Need to work on that, but things like that will happend when you start 2 true freshmen in the secondary. Who was supposed to be covering that TE?

Special Teams (Returning): No idea
Didn't see enough of them to get an idea and that is a good thing.

Special Teams (Coverage): A+
Fulmer sold his soul to the devil and he gave him a special teams coverage unit. Bout time. Colquitt booting it deep was good to see too. 2 touchbacks.

Coaching: A+
They really took advantage of the bye week. CPF knew he needed a win and his boys went out there and got it for him. Great gameplan on all sides of the ball.
OVERALL: F
As in F'n awesome.

Yeah he was a idiot. I was listening to the post game and he said he made a big play and he wasnt thinking and it would never happen again. He also said he went right over to the coaches and said hes sorry, he said it was just a mistake on his part. You live and learn.
We will see if he learns, that is yet to be proven. I am glad he realized his mistakes and all but you have to know better than take off your helmet on the field of play, idiot move IMO. That is why I downgrade the ST play. Only real mistake made that sticks out in my head. Congrads for being a man and apologizing for his mistake, but a mistake made none the less.

We will see if he learns, that is yet to be proven. I am glad he realized his mistakes and all but you have to know better than take off your helmet on the field of play, idiot move IMO. That is why I downgrade the ST play. Only real mistake made that sticks out in my head. Congrads for being a man and apologizing for his mistake, but a mistake made none the less.

I am happy the only special team mistake everyone points out is a penalty!!! that by itself is a big step forward for the ST :hi:

Secondary: B
Decent day for the secondary. There were a couple wide open receivers that Stafford just couldn't hit. Need to work on that, but things like that will happend when you start 2 true freshmen in the secondary. Who was supposed to be covering that TE?

I'm going to venture a guess and say it should be a LB. McCoy plays Strong Side, and is very quick and much taller than Hefney.

I can't remember who was there making the tackles, but their TE was wide open, and that has been a problem thus far.

And you can't really blame Vinson for the TD throw. That throw couldn't have been placed any better, much like the one Berry gave up. Also? It was an excellent effort by their WR. I will say that I was impressed with Vinson, but I have to say that Berry needs to go through some more "finishing the tackle" drills. Like when he hit their TE, I think it was, and he didn't fall down like Berry expected and he had to wrap up again? Can't make mistakes like those....

VN Store

Back