Your favorite play of the year

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
What was your favorite play of the year?

The first two that come to mind for me would be:

1. The hail mary to James Banks against Florida
2. Mark Jones interception against Georgia (about the only good play of the game)

I have to think a little longer on my official favorite play but my vote for the most important plays would include 2 right off the bat and probably the reason we are 10-2 and not 8-4 and believe it or not they don't have anything to do with the offense or the defense.

1. The last punt by Colquitt in the Miami game and was then fumbled to seal the game.

2. The last punt by Colquitt in the SC game that pinned them so deep they did not have a chance to drive in the last minute to try for the win.

For favorite... I like the hail mary against Florida, the 4th down TD against Miami, the fouth dwn catch by Jones (I think) in the OT against Bama, and any run by a UT running back where they actually ran over someone. The hit by G Wilson against KY was pretty good too.

I forgot about the 4th down play against Miami. That was a gutsy call. As for the 4th and 19 against Bama I don't think that was Mark Jones. CJ Fayton maybe? I am sure someone will remember for sure. That 4th down play may have been the single most important play of the year in my opinion. Without that I don't think we beat Miami.

As for Colquitt he has definitely been a difference maker this year. You could probably add a couple more games that he saved us.

Gibril's hit is another good one.

Good post ncvol!

I'm going to take Clausen to Fayton on 4th and 19 in OT against Alabama. That had to be the one of the most improbable 1st down conversions I've ever seen. If we don't pick that one up, we lose our 3rd in a row and the season (and maybe a certain assistant coach) would have probably gone up in flames like last year.

Originally posted by GAVol@Dec 9 2003, 09:38 PM
I'm going to take Clausen to Fayton on 4th and 19 in OT against Alabama. That had to be the one of the most improbable 1st down conversions I've ever seen. If we don't pick that one up, we lose our 3rd in a row and the season (and maybe a certain assistant coach) would have probably gone up in flames like last year.

I agree completely. That play may have been the turning point of the season.

....and who knows how many coaching careers it may have saved!!!

Originally posted by vol_freak@Dec 8 2003, 06:01 PM
What was your favorite play of the year?

The first two that come to mind for me would be:

1. The hail mary to James Banks against Florida

I was there and still have nightmares about that play..it was the preverbial straw that broke the camels back! :furious3: :D

Not as many nightmares as I still have about that Gaffney..cough,cough..catch in 2000. :blink:

I was in one BAD mood that day. I remember I left the stadium by myself and just started walking. After I finally snapped out of it, I realized I had left my ride home. What would we do without cell phones?

WHAT catch?? I came closer to blowing up my television that day than I ever have before. I was FURIOUS for at least a WEEK. Heck, I'm STILL mad about it!!

:machinegun:

Anybody else having trouble seeing all their smileys??

No problems seeing smileys on my end. What problems are you having??

VN Store

Back