Your 2nd Team

As others have said "Whoever is playing UK". I'm not a huge fan of Louisville, but I root for them to beat UK every year! The same way that I rooted, and enjoyed that ass whooping Duke gave UK.

Reactions: Vols410
I support the military academy teams. Athletes willing to die for me and defend our country deserve my support.

I support the military academy teams. Athletes willing to die for me and defend our country deserve my support.

They're not willing to die for you.

Its their best life option and they just so happen to maybe die if they take the option.

Its their best life option and they just so happen to maybe die if they take the option.
You are mistaken. I know quite a few academy grads. They dedicated their lives to defending this Country. “And they just so happen to maybe die”...really?

I fully realize it probably isn't your goal, but comments like this won't exactly fall on sympathetic ears. It almost feels like you are trying hard to become the new villain of the basketball forum.

Its not my goal Brother. My basketball opinions are just basketball opinions and no one should take offense to them and my opinion on this is being misinterpreted.

Some are willing to die for their country and are in for the right reasons.

Some are not.

Its not my goal Brother. My basketball opinions are just basketball opinions and no one should take offense to them and my opinion on this is being misinterpreted.

Some are not.

The reasons behind it are not really important. The fact they are in the military academy is.

Just my opinion though.

The reasons behind it are not really important. The fact they are in the military academy is.

Just my opinion though.
Plus it’s not exactly easy to get into a service academy. You need to have a 4.0 or damn close, clean criminal record, have to pass a rigorous physical and in a lot of cases they also require a letter of recommendation from somebody like a judge/sheriff/local congressman/etc.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM

Some are not.

If, however, you decide that you ARE interested in being our resident villain, then that’s cool, too.

Just let us know. We have an opening.

I truly dont intend to be.

Im an east Tennessee boy who has bled orange for 37 years.

Ive cried over many a UT sports event.

Im just a fan like you all.

Last I checked, we don’t have a draft anymore. Our awesome University has a heritage steeped in service to this Country. Many died at the Battle of New Orleans from which we take the title Volunteers. I guess I met someone in the military who got in and then realized they made a mistake and got out either honorably or dishonorably. But, for my brothers in uniform, for those who chose the academy path, I salute you. Go visit a VA cemetery some time and note the number of Americans buried there, many Volunteers, so we can enjoy the freedom to express ourselves in these threads and be fans. And with that..peace out.

Reactions: IndianapolisVol
I generally don't have one, I just usually root for underdogs as long as they aren't playing us.

VN Store

Back