Your 2nd Team

white65

I cheer for the Vols in everything, but in basketball Duke has always been my favorite "Blue Blood" team coach K is legit. They have a great team this year.

Zion in a mixture of Pons and Williams plus another 50 pounds. Hes gonna be the number 1 pick if he develops a consistent shot.

Reactions: vol100
My 2nd team changed every year when I was a kid, but over the last 29(one exception) years it has been the Vols only. In 1980, I liked UCLA and Rod Foster, they lost to Louisville in the NC championship game and I was 9. The next year it was Indiana and Isiah Thomas, who is still one of my all-time favorite players and led to me being a Pistons fan. Indiana won the NC title that year. My next favorite team was the '86 Duke team led by Johnny Dawkins and lost to "Never Nervous" Pervis and Louisville in the NC game. Then Iowa and Roy Marble ('87), followed by Kendall Gill and Illinois('89) who lost in the Final 4 to eventual champ Michigan. Since then, only one other favorite team, the Vince Carter, Antawn Jamison, UNC team in the late '90s, that made the Final 4. U see a pattern there ? I do. I was young and fell in love with certain players and winning teams. I out grew that, except for my man crush on Vince Carter(thought he was the 2nd coming of Jordan) and it has been only the Vols.

Reactions: IndianapolisVol
Tough crowd
Well, you did open this can of worms. Remember going to UT-UK football game in Lexington 20+ years ago...KY fans cheering though Vols winning, when a guy wearing a Duke cap walked up the aisle, then a chorus of "boos" erupted. Too funny!

My blood full of orange.. no room for any other teams. I couldn't care less. Only time I would cheer on another team is if somehow it advantages Tennessee.

Not trying to be an ass or get likes. It's just the truth. I don't really see how one can like one university in this sport and another in that sport.

You are here during the tough Tennessee times though so I'll give you that.

Reactions: GRN1926
I cheer for the Vols in everything, but in basketball Duke has always been my favorite "Blue Blood" team coach K is legit. They have a great team this year.

Zion in a mixture of Pons and Williams plus another 50 pounds. Hes gonna be the number 1 pick if he develops a consistent shot.
Orange doesn't look good tinted with any other color. Screw Duke

Coach K looks like he's suffering from perpetual constipation anymore when they show him on camera. Is he sick?

He’s the number one pick period

But, no I don’t cheer for any other team. I’m all Vol, and unless you have a degree from Duke you should be bitch slapped.

Sometimes I root for ODU but only because my wife sent to school there and they are a pretty good mid major team.

In football Clemson ever since the Charlie Pell days
In basketball University of Houston ever since the days of Elvin Hayes

VN Store

Back