Youch - Luke, Odom and Morris all fired this season...

Jake Bentley is transferring from USCjr

EKyh0mRXkAAdbCt.jpg

Waiting on the shoe to drop for Muschamp. He’s already gotten the coveted...uhh...dreaded, kiss of death in the Vote of Confidence. I hope he stays at USCe though.

Reactions: SpookyAction
Any odds on how long it will take FSU to be on probation if Kiffin is hired? Actually I think he is a pretty good coach except for the extracurricular stuff.

You know Saban looked better with Tua.

Or damn near anyone else at QB. (not blue font) Bama's problem this year started to show in the championship game last January... DEFENSE.....
This year their defense has look just average, maybe less than average. Throw in average special teams ( a little problem for some years) and you get what you have seen from them this year.

Kiffin is average because Kiffin is average. It has nothing to do with what he did here. He did UT a favor when he left and we were under investigation from the one year. He took the pre season number one team in the country at USC and got fired with it, throwing his dad under the bus on the way. Social media hype isn’t good coaching in my opinion.

Muschamp will not be fired! He had one of the toughest schedules in all of football; while losing his top 2 quarterbacks while playing a 3rd string transfer in all 12 games.
they Lose to #1 Bama, #1 Clemson, Beat #3 Georgia, Ky, lose to Fla. Tenn. Texas A M. The only bad loss was to Appalachian State.
Some would argue Tennessee is the worse loss. App St was ranked at one point werent they?

Kiffin is average because Kiffin is average. It has nothing to do with what he did here. He did UT a favor when he left and we were under investigation from the one year. He took the pre season number one team in the country at USC and got fired with it, throwing his dad under the bus on the way. Social media hype isn’t good coaching in my opinion.

Really. Check his success at bama and now at Fla At. He took a 3-8 team and turned them into 11-1 in his First Season; with the former guy's players. That my friend; isn't BS .

OK. FLAT was a perennial 3-8 team. Kiffin has an 11 win season (2017) and in the CUSA Championship game again this year. Hardly average. Hey; I Hate him for screwing us too; but the guy can coach.

He was so good as USC that he got fired on the tarmac holding his bags.

He was so good as USC that he got fired on the tarmac holding his bags.

Well you certainly can pick and choose your points for argument's sake. The Usc job was an untenable situation. That is fairly obvious. However; you just cannot give him his due for the Job at Fla Atlantic; can you? Oh well I believe you will have to adjust your evaluation sooner than later.

Reactions: FBtime
This may seem off topic, but what are yalls thoughts on this players comments regarding the coach firing, particularly the part about the fans? I know many of these guys sign simply because they love the coach, but it seems to point to a real disconnect in the team and the fanbase. I think about UTs players loving the (sometimes overly harsh) fan base and love playing for the university. Doesn't seem like a good think for players to have this mindset, IMO.

"But you realize, there's no program without players," Tuitt said. "You're basing stuff off the fans. But we don't care about the fans that much. I'm going to be honest. We're here for the coach. We love football. If you don't want to support us, that's just your fault."
In my opinion, thats a losers mindset. While what hes saying about the program without players is true, it is also true that without the fans there will be no program. Without fans spending their money, the players don't get the nice facilities and top notch training they get to have an opportunity to earn millions. The fans play a bigger part than he realizes in the entire operation of having a football program. Most true competitors in that situation wouldn't say much and work their butts off to want to play at a level that forces even the most negative fan to have no choice but support them. Even if it is with a different coach.

Mullen may be gone after this year for cause if he can't keep his wife under control.

There have been a lot of bad firings this year IMO.

Taggart inherited a rebuilding job similar to the one Pruitt inherited, but got canned after 1.5 years. Morris did poorly, but he also inherited talent that was totally unsuited for his own offense and needed at least 3-4 years to conceivably succeed. Luke was the sacrificial lamb at Ole Miss; no coach was going to succeed there under probation, but Luke actually did a reasonable job. Odom got dealt a bad hand with Mizzou on probation.

Meanwhile, the coach that most deserves to get fired (Muschamp) gets to stick around for another year. Muschamp has inherited two programs in good shape and managed to turn them both into losing programs.

Charlie Strong deserved to get the ax. He ran the program that Willie Taggart built up into the ground.

Kiffin will definitely get a look somewhere; maybe Arkansas or Florida State. Norvell is about to get a big raise regardless of whether he stays or goes.

I think Taggart is a very good coach who got screwed over at FSU. Good chance South Florida rehires him.
Taggart is a horrible Coach lol he got handed a team similar to what Kirby got and he went down hill as Kirby did good.

Mason needs to be fired and vandy should of opened the check book to get Franklin to stat cause that was their best coach.

Muschamp is still at SC because he has a $17 million dollar buy out package.

My goodness, what was Carolina smoking? It wasn't like he was a hot commodity either after the **** show he was at UF.

Well you certainly can pick and choose your points for argument's sake. The Usc job was an untenable situation. That is fairly obvious. However; you just cannot give him his due for the Job at Fla Atlantic; can you? Oh well I believe you will have to adjust your evaluation sooner than later.

No, I will not give him his due at a school like FAU where the stakes are not as high. Butch and Dooley could be successful at a school like FAU because it just doesn’t take much. He’s also in very fertile recruiting ground there so all he needs is to do is turn on the Kiffin slime charm and get a couple of athletes and win some ball games. Totally different than the SEC. The only thing I’ll give him credit for is turning Crompton into a pretty decent SEC QB in short order. He sucked with the Raiders and underperformed at USC, where he had a full roster of juniors and seniors for 3 of the 5 years he was there. And if scholarship limitations were such a hindrance, why did he entered the season ranked #1 in his 3rd year, only to finish 7-6? Good OC and QB developer, average HC at a program that matters.

Would rather have Kiffin at Arkansas than Missouri. Could he end up at FSU?

That's the main reason I would want Kiffin in Tallahassee... just to wreak misery on the Gators.
And Clemson. They play such a weak schedule.

VN Store

Back