You tell me, is Coach Pittman at UGA getting overruled and is Mays being recruited over?

Remy

A kick to the cods is my only deterrence.
Making national recruiting news recently Georgia lost out the #1 rated OT prospect to Ohio State. The OSU homer article then went on to say UGA saw it as no big loss as they were solid with bringing in the #5 rated OT who is from the state of Georgia, although they used this info trying to recruit the OSU youngster.

Couple that info with this link.
4-star OT Joshua Braun, from Florida, commits to Georgia

Then bounce that against I heard with my own ears Coach Pitmman on the radio last summer being interviewed who indicated he actually preferred recruiting high school DLs for his college OLs.

Things that make you go hmmm. Seems like Pittman's preferences for hs DLs is being overruled by somebody at UGA as they are recruiting mostly high rated hs OLs at UGA. Couple that with UGA has only put 5 players into NFL OLs since 2013. We've seen when Pittman gets who he wants he puts many of them into the NFL.

If you're a young Cade Mays wouldn't you look at who's being recruited at OT for the dawgs and ask yourself, am I being recruited over, especially since I'm not listed as a starter my sophomore year?? How much of the dawgs recruiting on the OL is defensive where they pick a kid or two like Mays and the youngster in the link above whose family are GT homers just to keep them off rosters of their major competitors?

You tell me out around Saturn or dead on target?

Welp, fail on the gif.

Wut?

I seriously doubt Pitman meant he preferred taking DL development guys over top rated OL players.

I guess my point is Pittman is a great recruiter and prior to his being at UGA he virtually put a lot of kids nto the NFL. All of a sudden he's dribbling them in on a onesey twosey basis. The difference from the outside looking in? Pittman himself said he prefers hs school DLs to OLs playing on his collegiate OLs, he's getting highly rated OLs at UGA and his productivity placing them into the NFL has slowed to a trickle. A factor or not? How big a factor? You tell me.

I guess my point is Pittman is a great recruiter and prior to his being at UGA he virtually put a lot of kids nto the NFL. All of a sudden he's dribbling them in on a onesey twosey basis. The difference from the outside looking in? Pittman himself said he prefers hs school DLs to OLs playing on his collegiate OLs, he's getting highly rated OLs at UGA and his productivity placing them into the NFL has slowed to a trickle. A factor or not? How big a factor? You tell me.
By “a lot” how many is that to you? Do you count the Vols he coached one season as HIS over Harry Heistand? So far he’s “put” other UGA OL coach’s products into the NFL...yes including Friend’s. As his own recruits inevitably move into the professional ranks, your characterization will become true...but it’s not in the present tense.

By “a lot” how many is that to you? Do you count the Vols he coached one season as HIS over Harry Heistand? So far he’s “put” other UGA OL coach’s products into the NFL...yes including Friend’s. As his own recruits inevitably move into the professional ranks, your characterization will become true...but it’s not in the present tense.

5 since 2013, helps his #s I was trying to give him. It's a trickle out of Athens into an NFL OL slot for now, 5 stars or not. By the way I didn't put Pittman's preference for hs DLs as collegiate OLs into his head or mouth, he did that on his own. Why he has not done that often at UGA is a head scratcher to me, maybe not others.

Further, I think it's probably bigger than Pittman how things go at UGA for their OL. There is room to see how Cade Mays perhaps was sold a pig in a poke knowing they were going to be recruiting over him year in and out. I'm trying to blunt some of Cade's haters here at VN, he may have been done wrong ya'll. I have no proof but have seen similar things occur particularly out of Alabama.

5 since 2013, helps his #s I was trying to give him. It's a trickle out of Athens into an NFL OL slot for now, 5 stars or not. By the way I didn't put Pittman's preference for hs DLs as collegiate OLs into his head or mouth, he did that on his own. Why he has not done that often at UGA is a head scratcher to me, maybe not others.
5 doesn’t seem to quantify “a lot”. Is that number exclusively OL he recruited and developed?

Further, I think it's probably bigger than Pittman how things go at UGA for their OL. There is room to see how Cade Mays perhaps was sold a pig in a poke knowing they were going to be recruiting over him year in and out. I'm trying to blunt some of Cade's haters here at VN, he may have been done wrong ya'll. I have no proof but have seen similar things occur particularly out of Alabama.
I don’t want a player who believes that his coaches won’t continually recruit the best players. If you don’t want to be “recruited over”? Be better than the next guy.

Reactions: Pappy

Not sure this makes sense ..he has only been at UGA for 3 years and since then he has turned Isaiah Wynn into a first round pick (and no one was talking about him going that high until after a year with Pittman), turned Gaillard into the best center in the SEC last year (I think Bama's center was better but hey, articles are articles) and has the best RT/LT tandem in college right now. Heck, even Tyler Catalina who was brought in as a grad transfer due to lack of ready to play lineman got a shot in the NFL that he probably wouldn't have gotten at Rhode Island.

For the record, Paris Johnson at OSU has been teasing about a decom for a while now but the Dawgs have Broderick Jones already in the mix and he is a 5* himself. Every one of these kids that visit seem to think Pittman is the reason they want to go to UGA so not sure about this.

He got on the field A LOT last year and then hurt his shoulder late in the season so not sure where all this is coming from .. he is in line to either take LG or RT after this season ends.

I read a lot of UGA stuff obviously as has a lot of people I hang with and I have never heard he prefers HS DL to elite OL out of HS. Link???

None of guys Pittman has recruited are draft eligible yet. This year will be the first chance we see how Pittman developed his guys. Andrew Thomas is projected to be the first OT taken and Ben Cleveland is projected anywhere from the 3rd-5th round. UGA has had at least 1 lineman drafted per year since Pittman has been at UGA with 1 going in the first. Only reason Mays isn't starting is because he has a likely top 10 pick ahead of him in Andrew Thomas. Imo good recruiters are considered developers of talent because they are getting the guys that have the best chance of making it. 5*'s and 4*'s make it to the NFL at a higher than lower rated players, so of course the guys who recruit the most of them will have the most get drafted.

None of guys Pittman has recruited are draft eligible yet. This year will be the first chance we see how Pittman developed his guys. Andrew Thomas is projected to be the first OT taken and Ben Cleveland is projected anywhere from the 3rd-5th round. UGA has had at least 1 lineman drafted per year since Pittman has been at UGA with 1 going in the first. Only reason Mays isn't starting is because he has a likely top 10 pick ahead of him in Andrew Thomas. Imo good recruiters are considered developers of talent because they are getting the guys that have the best chance of making it. 5*'s and 4*'s make it to the NFL at a higher than lower rated players, so of course the guys who recruit the most of them will have the most get drafted.
Yeah, the whole notion that they don't have a lot of kids being put in the NFL since Pittman got there is kind of funny. That first year they had Wynn but he was back for another year after that and went in the first. The fact that the transfer from Rhode Island made a team in the NFL should tell you something. You're right about Mays, he has people in front of him, just like Jamaree Salyer but both of those guys are probably going to be high round NFL picks as well.

You’re not in this universe. You take all linemen you can get your hands on

35m6k7.jpg

Making national recruiting news recently Georgia lost out the #1 rated OT prospect to Ohio State. The OSU homer article then went on to say UGA saw it as no big loss as they were solid with bringing in the #5 rated OT who is from the state of Georgia, although they used this info trying to recruit the OSU youngster.

Then bounce that against I heard with my own ears Coach Pitmman on the radio last summer being interviewed who indicated he actually preferred recruiting high school DLs for his college OLs.

Things that make you go hmmm. Seems like Pittman's preferences for hs DLs is being overruled by somebody at UGA as they are recruiting mostly high rated hs OLs at UGA. Couple that with UGA has only put 5 players into NFL OLs since 2013. We've seen when Pittman gets who he wants he puts many of them into the NFL.

If you're a young Cade Mays wouldn't you look at who's being recruited at OT for the dawgs and ask yourself, am I being recruited over, especially since I'm not listed as a starter my sophomore year?? How much of the dawgs recruiting on the OL is defensive where they pick a kid or two like Mays and the youngster in the link above whose family are GT homers just to keep them off rosters of their major competitors?

What are you talking about? First, UGA does have a top 5 OT, they have two so it’s correct Paris (who committed to OSU over a year ago) isn’t a huge deal that he doesn’t flip. Pittman helped put Wynn into the NFL as a 1st rounder and the only lineman that left last year (Gaillard) was also drafted by the Cardinals.

Now, on Mays, he played a bunch last year (credit to Butchna for saying he would) despite the talent in front of him although mainly at the guard position. Mays isn’t recruited over, he’s got NFL studs in front of him. He’s not going to start over a top ten pick (Thomas) or the other RT (projected as high as 1st rd) as well. Solomon Kindley was rated the #1 guard in pass pro last year in the SEC and the guy Mays is fighting the other guard position for was the starter last year before he broke his leg and is projected as 3-4th rd. Mays is likely the starting LT next year after Andrew Thomas leaves early.

Reactions: butchna

Thats an average of 1 a year. Not exactly terrible, considering you don’t have but maybe one or two leaving on average per year.

Mays nOt being a starter is an indication of the incredible roster and depth they have at UGA. Something we’d kill for.

I’m with him on recruiting DL. UTs best lines were ones that were littered with converted DL like Fred Weary, Jason Laymon and Spencer Riley. They also had some good kids that were recruited as OL.
Reading this and hoping that this is some indication that UGA is unraveling is evidence of the deepest butt hurt.

VN Store

Back