You should get excited about Maurer

TDawg

As a rival fan, I am not excited about seeing that kid develop. I am not sure of his arm strength yet only because he didn't get a chance to show it off Saturday. If he has the gun I have heard (I am not far from where he played HS ball), he reminds me a TON of Drew Locke.

I’m excited to see how he develops. I think he has a lot of potential. The energy level is visibly different with him in. I’d say the receivers are juiced to have a chance to catch some balls down the field now. I’m hoping he can bounce back and play this weekend.

As a rival fan, I am not excited about seeing that kid develop. I am not sure of his arm strength yet only because he didn't get a chance to show it off Saturday. If he has the gun I have heard (I am not far from where he played HS ball), he reminds me a TON of Drew Locke.

Kid runs circles around Guarantano. I’ll say that.

Reactions: Alto1

How did you not see it?
Prolly didn’t see things get dirty when they weren’t man handling us early on either, right?
I’d tell you what this Georgia team reminds me of but I’m sure you already know the answer

He definitely showed a spark with the team. OL is improving and we moved the ball well. Kid does have a cannon though, not sure why you don't think he does. If anything he seems to trust his arm strength more than he should.

Hopefully that CB blitz doesn't make him gunshy... assuming he wasn't concussed or injured on it.

Reactions: stephp4ut
The timing on the Jennings TD was a dime. I am excited about his potential. Of course he is a rookie, and made some stupid rookie mistakes. But an improvement over what we had, for sure.

Reactions: cbatey1
I enjoyed seeing a QB throw the football on time and it get there when the WR has just broke open.

JG doesn't anticipate separation and waits until he actual sees a guy open. That's too late at this level.

That was a big part of it for Maurer. He has a good presence of understanding route timing. Some on here seem to think just because he hits deep throws that that means he showed off his arm talent but not really. But I am fairly certain he has enough arm talent to put the on the mark on the deep out beyond the hashes or a deep back shoulder throw. He, as someone also mentioned, just brought a different energy level too which never sucks coming from your QB.

Reactions: Teeman
He definitely showed a spark with the team. OL is improving and we moved the ball well. Kid does have a cannon though, not sure why you don't think he does. If anything he seems to trust his arm strength more than he should.

Hopefully that CB blitz doesn't make him gunshy... assuming he wasn't concussed or injured on it.
I didn't say I didn't think he did I just don't think there were any throws Saturday where he had to show it off. Again, from what I have heard, and I have a ton of friends in the Ocala area since my last MP unit was based out of there, he has real arm talent and I don't have a reason to doubt it. I believe he has a lot more to show than what he already has.

He can make all the throws.

I didn't say I didn't think he did I just don't think there were any throws Saturday where he had to show it off. Again, from what I have heard, and I have a ton of friends in the Ocala area since my last MP unit was based out of there, he has real arm talent and I don't have a reason to doubt it. I believe he has a lot more to show than what he already has.

The TD strike to Jennings was a pretty high velocity throw. There are others, but that one stuck out to me.

I doubt Calloway questions Maurer’s arm strength after catching a 50 yarder perfectly in stride while your DB looked like a drunk on roller skates trying to catch up

He didn't look to gunshy on the sidelines wanting to get back in the game after the hit. I think it's going to take more than that, overall they didn't get to him to much but that was a good one.

He showed what he could do at this point in time during the first half. Alot of things happened from the last few minutes of the first half to the end of the game. But we lost and your team won. What he showed is he can throw it better than JG now if he can read a defense he would be amazing and elite imo. I'm fully aware reading a defense takes time I'm just making it known bc I know some bozo is gonna try and tell me that if I don't say it.

What is really frightening is that our coaching staff doesn't see much difference in JG versus Maurer. The difference in attitude and chemistry is very stark to me and most other fans.
Escalation of commitment. I can see trying to maintain continuity for stability sake but they were too slow making this decision. JG clearly isn't going to win here. Proofs in the pudding.

The number of pep talks by opposing fans this season is quite impressive.

That said, yes, I think he could be quite good. We shall see if our staff can develop him

He didn't look to gunshy on the sidelines wanting to get back in the game after the hit. I think it's going to take more than that, overall they didn't get to him to much but that was a good one.
Kid’s a different animal...no matter his top end. There’s a genuine love and eagerness for playing football that’s been displayed all season.

Reactions: 1vol8 and jakez4ut

VN Store

Back