You know, there could be an upside to all of this.

When these athletes are being recruited they about 17 years old and the parents can have a lot of influence on their decision making. As a parent, are you going to look at what happened last night favorably?
Why would I worry about my football player going to a school with a rabid fanbase? Would I fear they may be accidentally hit by a water bottle if corrupt refs job the team to a loss and the students stand up for the team?

Reactions: wrharvey21
Our fans were sticking up for our players after a night full of BS from the officials, fake injuries and taunting from the Ole Miss players. Players should want to play for a fan base that cares so much.
And meanwhile, the players AD and Chancellor wet their pants that they won’t be invited to next wine and cheese mixer at the country club rushed to put out statements of condemnation. I expected that out of Plowman, but White lost a lot of credibility with me last night.

Nothing says "we don't give AF" like slangin mustard bottles and golf balls. This doesn't hurt recruiting. It sadly looks good to a lot of youngins

When these athletes are being recruited they about 17 years old and the parents can have a lot of influence on their decision making. As a parent, are you going to look at what happened last night favorably?
These parents have been involved in athletics their entire lives…. Most likely many of them have seen worse than this

Reactions: davethevol
It’s going to come down to NIL money for all these kids. Having a fanbase like the one they saw last night means more money in their pockets. You don’t have the number of fans or the passion at any other SEC school except Alabama and that is only when they are winning.

Recruits at last nights' game vs recruits that were at any games the previous 3 seasons, I'm sure they didn't hear any boos when UT was on offense. A packed house of impassioned fans. Yes, some fans turned into turds, but before that, it had to be the noisiest place they had ever been. A program on the way up, I'm sure they can see that as well as we. But it is a process.

I actually don’t think it affects anything at all. Parents, who are generally adults, saw and recognize 4 things to be true. First, Social Media outrage isn’t real life. Second, clearly the fans are loyal to the ends of the earth. Thirdly, if they watched, they know and understand that frustration with the officials had been a ticking time bomb for hours at that point. Finally, adults know that when things anger a group of people, 2% of those people are prone to act a fool. Unless it’s some kid from Connecticut raised in continuous “safe space”, sports parents have seen this before and probably worse. I don’t think it hurts a thing.

The reaction had the opposite effect on the younger generation and recruits. They don’t read message boards or bleacher report to form their opinions. That’d be like an active baseball player showing up to a baseball card conference to hear collectors analyze his game.

It's cool if you liked seeing a couple dumpsters worth of trash being chucked onto the field. Everyone has different opinions and tastes. Calling people morons that said it would hurt recruiting is a little ironic. Maybe you 25 and younger people love that kinda thing. I know most of my senior class would have thought that was moronic and trashy as hell. Whatever.

They probably liked. If I was a player at this level I’d want to play with a rabid passionate fan base at my back. This is a regular thing at LSU and it seems like their players love it

VN Store

Back