You guys are going down this year...

Originally posted by WestKyCat@Jun 17, 2005 5:23 PM
Just a little drive by spraying.... :D
[snapback]105008[/snapback]​

I know, I know...Kentucky will beat us in basketball

Hey West! After UT, UK is my favorite football team. I owe that to my father-in-law who was buried with his Kentucky hat in his hand.

Originally posted by WestKyCat@Jun 17, 2005 5:33 PM
The Cats will be young this year on both sides of the ball, but at least we will be close to full strength after the probation.  The new recruits are a little different then we have had in the past.  It will be interesting to see what they put on the field this year.
[snapback]105023[/snapback]​

Well. . . .the good news for you guys:

We're returning a 1,000 yard rusher and a quartet of talented and speedy receivers on offense. QB Erik Ainge will be healthy, and he will be backed by the now game-proven Clausen and highly-touted freshman Jonathan Crompton. The SEC tackle leader and freshman all-American will take corner duties. Oh, and the defensive line should be among, if not THE, best in college football, returning Mahelona, Haralson, and defensive bowl-MVP Justin Harrell. Coach Fulmer leads active skippers with at least 10 years under the belt in winning percentage and has lost (correct me if I'm wrong) I believe 1 SEC game in November in the past decade.

Oops. . . . that's all bad news. . . . .sorry 'bout that.

I know your getting it going here but see ya in Jordan-Hare!!BTW we are ashamed to have you on the schedule this yr,couldn't find any other buyers so stir the pot as you may!!! :p Just my :twocents: :naughty:

Originally posted by TigersTalons@Jun 18, 2005 7:28 PM
BTW we are ashamed to have you on the schedule this yr

I am sure you are...did St. Mary's School of the Blind not want to play you on our week?

Originally posted by U-T@Jun 18, 2005 7:29 PM
I am sure you are...did St. Mary's School of the Blind not want to play you on our week?
[snapback]105281[/snapback]​

no we gave them a break j/k Free ShoesU picked the Citadel :neener: But I'm sure you guys feel the same about WKY.. :D

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Jun 18, 2005 2:54 PM
Hey West! After UT, UK is my favorite football team. I owe that to my father-in-law who was buried with his Kentucky hat in his hand.
[snapback]105253[/snapback]​

Tahat is hardcore.

Originally posted by TigersTalons@Jun 18, 2005 7:28 PM
I know your getting it going here but see ya in Jordan-Hare!!BTW we are ashamed to have you on the schedule this yr,couldn't find any other buyers so stir the pot as you may!!! :p Just my  :twocents:  :naughty:
[snapback]105280[/snapback]​

First off let me say that I appreciate Tommy Tuberville giving WKU the game at Jordan-Hare. It is coaches like Tubby that allow some of these small programs to have the bigger payday it takes to keep their football programs up and going.

He has always given the small programs a chance and catches hell for it in the media and polls. But, the fact is, without these paydays a lot of D1-AA programs would not keep their heads above water and kids would not get to play ball and get an education.

So, kudos to Tubby for sticking by his guns and doing the unpopular, but right thing.

Now if the fans could just understand and appreciate the big picture,

So Tuberville schedules 1-AA teams because he is a humanitarian?

I can understand where you are coming from it's just that we "took it" for having a smaller school on the schedule last yr.You know the whole BCS BS thats all I was saying ,yes CTT is one to stick to his guns as a matter of fact he kept two players out of the spring just so they will be ahead in the classroom this fall.Just messin with ya before! :D

Originally posted by GAVol@Jun 19, 2005 12:27 PM
[snapback]105494[/snapback]​

Of course. He wants to help the poor.

Originally posted by WestKyCat@Jun 19, 2005 12:17 PM
He has always given the small programs a chance and catches hell for it in the media and polls.

Luckily polls dont mean squat in bball..they settle it on the court! :devilsmoke:

Originally posted by GAVol@Jun 19, 2005 12:27 PM
[snapback]105494[/snapback]​

I don't think I would go that far. But, Tubberville was on the radio up here talking about scheduling WKU and when asked why, he reponded with the usual coach speak about scheduling a quality AA football program that could test his team the way WKU did with Kansas State last year. He then ended it with "he hoped that it would help WKU, also". We all knew what he meant and thought it was a class response to a no-win situation in the media.

I personally think every SEC team should schedule a AA team and give them the payday, and thier "day in the sun" that they could use. I also understand from a fans standpoint that with the ticket prices the way they are you want to see a quality game.

And who knows, it could be the upset of the century... :matrix:

Originally posted by WestKyCat@Jun 19, 2005 1:33 PM
I personally think every SEC team should schedule a AA team and give them the payday, and thier "day in the sun" that they could use.

No offense but that is utterly and completely ridiculous.

Upper Division I teams owe nothing at all to AA teams.

Yeah - it's a feel good story, but I think it's just a lame justification for Auburn's nototiously crappy out of conference schedules.

If Tuberville is such a nice guy and wants to write checks to smaller schools - I'm sure Troy and UAB would accomodate him every single year.

It has nothing to do with D1 teams "owing" anything to AA teams. It's really all about the game.

How many times, as a fan, have you been at a football game and watched an under-rated team give it's all in a game? Sure we all cheer for our team and want them to win. But, there are those special moments when one of our own, or one of the opposing players put out such an effort that you just have to acknowledge the effort given.

Now, that's football.

Now take some no name kid from some backwoods town that gets the opportunity to play in front of 107,000 people for the first and only time in his life and it's just surreal.

Sure they are over matched, but as they say sometimes there is a game with-in a game.

Originally posted by WestKyCat@Jun 19, 2005 3:06 PM
How many times, as a fan, have you been at a football game and watched an under-rated team give it's all in a game?

So what?

A division II teams has no right, IMO, to ever play a D I team....but apparently that has fallen through as of late.

If you want to play DI teams, join the DI ranks. If not, stay at the DII level.

Playing the DII's hurt DI teams and Auburn and othes will tell you that.

Does nothing for the DI school.

Should MLB teams play their minor league teams? Hey, let's get Kentucky to play my HS team!

Originally posted by U-T@Jun 19, 2005 3:38 PM
A division II teams has no right, IMO, to ever play a D I team....but apparently that has fallen through as of late.

If you want to play DI teams, join the DI ranks. If not, stay at the DII level.

Playing the DII's hurt DI teams and Auburn and othes will tell you that.

Does nothing for the DI school.

Should MLB teams play their minor league teams? Hey, let's get Kentucky to play my HS team!
[snapback]105574[/snapback]​

You must have misunderstood. We were talking about Division 1 AA teams here not Division II teams, there is a big difference.

There's still a big big difference. I'd put money down that even the D-IAA champs couldn't beat but maybe the 3 or 4 worst teams in D-IA.

Really........I don't think that I would be so positive of that.

I don't think they could compete against the elite of the D1 teams, but I do think they would fair better than that.

VN Store

Back