You don’t want Mike Leach and here’s why

Leach had never won anything of note. He doesn’t have to coach D just hire a good DC and gameplan with his O. I don’t believe he can do that since he never has.

Reactions: Volanta
So why doesn’t that qb walk on let’s day at Miami/uga/LSU and lead them to those stats. Your argument makes no sense
If I’m trying to make the NFL I’ll go to a team that shows the best of my talents. It’s a QBs dream to have those type of stats in that system. That’s why they wouldn’t go to RB Univ (Miami) DB Univ (LSU) or a more balanced offense like UGA.

Not giving up 30+ in a half.
His offense works because they don’t play good defense period.
Stop putting some bubble around him.
It wouldn’t work in today’s SEC and the only places it works is in conferences were Defense is an afterthought
How the hell does playing poor defense help your offense?

You can’t win a game in the SEC if teams can shred your defense by running the ball and running down the clock. That’s exactly what would happen. There’s a reason why his “air raid” is successful because it’s the PAC 12. Where they basically play 7 on 7 with 11 guys and football pads. That won’t work in the SEC. We would be right where we are and even more frustrated bc we would get so close and fail every time.

Yeah.

Alabama is still grounding and pounding it out in the SEC. LMAO

Tagovailoa has thrown for 10 TD the past two games while barely playing in the second half.

Even Saban has given way to the spread/pass first offensive trend. So give it a break that the offense couldnt work in the big, bad SEC.

Agree Leach is a liability on defense which is why he would need to be paired with a stud DC.

Reactions: DeansRedHalo
If I’m trying to make the NFL I’ll go to a team that shows the best of my talents. It’s a QBs dream to have those type of stats in that system. That’s why they wouldn’t go to RB Univ (Miami) DB Univ (LSU) or a more balanced offense like UGA.

Then by your argument, every 5 Star qb should be begging him to let them
Sign there...

Oklahoma says you are a moron.

Yep. Lincoln Riley is a Leach disciple and they are doing pretty good running a version of that system at a big time program.

Leach’s coaching tree is long and extensive. He is an upgrade in every respect from what we have now. The more I research it the more I would love to have him here.

Mike Leaches team had 6 turn overs and allowed a horribly coached Chip Kelly team to come back from being down 32 points at the half.

Let that sink in. 32 POINTS AT THE HALF.

Coach Mike Leach’s team then lost 67-63.
This man can’t coach defense.

Defense wins championships. I’m assuming the desired goal of every volnation fan is to 1 win games and 2 start winning championships again. Well you can’t win either (at least as consistently as we wish) without a defense.

Please sit down and stop suggesting Tennessee hire this guy. Because 2 years after he coaches here and he makes us pay him millions to make up for the embarrassment the first time around you’ll be calling for his head too. Funny how people play fast and loose with money that’s not theirs. “Fire this guy! Hire that guy!” “Sure it’ll put us in debt another 25 million plus, to pay for them and their staffs buyout while simultaneously paying for the new head coach and their staff but do it! I can’t go to work and get made fun of anymore. It hurts! FAHHHRRRRR BUTCH, I MEAN PRUUIIIIOTTTTTT”
Both of those teams would beat the living **** out of us. So what's your point?

Reactions: DeansRedHalo
Yep. Lincoln Riley is a Leach disciple and they are doing pretty good running a version of that system at a big time program.

Leach’s coaching tree is long and extensive. He is an upgrade in every respect from what we have now. The more I research it the more I would love to have him here.
That pirate ship has sailed, unfortunately.

Here comes the name calling. A.K.A “I don’t have a point so I’ll just call you stupid.”
Ok man.
My point is so self-evident it is sounds completely elementary to say it. Air raid is wildly successful at ALL levels. It is the GREAT EQUALIZER against superior talent. You can take a less talented offense and carve up a more talented defense. This is THE EXACT SITUATION we are in. Why on earth are the morons so dead set against doing the one thing that would make us competitive?

Oklahoma and Texas both run air raid, and both coaches are disciples of Leach. Leach invented the system. He's won at little crappy schools. Why would anyone in their right mind want to see what we have now over what he does? It is INSANE. We are always going to get the hell beat out of us, because we are always going to be behind our rivals in talent, and no one wants to commit to a coach that would give us the actual edge we need to be competitive.

Things happen in sports

I’m sure Florida could have beat GAS with their practice squad but lost so hows that any better?

Every UF fan wanted the coach fired after that gas loss and our idiot ad let him coach more. The outcome was the same, he got
Canned

The air raid wears out a teams own defense too much for it to be bigly successful. Leach is a heck of a coach though.
I have a theory about how this could work. Recruit like heck on defense and have a legit 2 deep and rotate your defense every other series with fresh guys.

Leach would do fine here with the resources available to him. He might not win championships but he would be good for 8-10 wins a year and upset somebody he shouldn’t. That is light years from where we are now.

Think about it, combine this year’s defense with half the production of WSUs offense and we are probably sitting at 4-0.

Some of y’all are crazy.

So basically he’s a lower rent Mark Richt.

VN Store

Back