You Bet Your @ss, Week 1

Have never bet on college sports - too damn frustrating plus, I honestly don't give two Sh*ts about any team other than the Vols. Hard to bet on a team that doesn't exist to you, right??

My favorite team is whoever I'm betting on this week, That's My Head. Tennessee is my favorite team, (never bet on them) and that's my Heart.

Last edited:
From what I can gather, the main focus has been to eliminate the self-inflicted stupidity from the program.

The lack of discipline that is responsible for things like shoe-throwing.

I still can’t believe that happened. To this day that blows my mind.

Utah is going to win the Pac-whatever going away and UF has a new coach and will have a rough time adjusting. Anybody saying Utah winning that is an upset is way off. I'd be shocked if Utah didn't absolutely curb stomp the Gators.

Utah plays very Solid Disciplined Ball, Wittingham is a great Coach. Not sure the Gatas will be ready for the Utes. The HEAT & Humidity is the only factor favoring Uf.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
From what I can gather, the main focus has been to eliminate the self-inflicted stupidity from the program.

Absolutely LOVED that Display of Stupidity!!!

Utah upsets the Gators by 10
Arkansas whips Cincy by 17
LSU survives FSU by a FG
Pitt WVU is a coin flip but I think Pitt wins at home.

Nobody is mentioning Vandy; Favored by a TD @ Hawaii; who has just 6 starters back (from a bad team) and a New Coach. Vandy is Stone Cold. Rainbows are too small and slow even for the SEC Cellar Dweller.

Reactions: dduncan4163
You’re basically saying all 3 of our opponents from Week 1 are going to be looking like pretty dang good teams. I mean you have unranked, first year coach Florida beating Top 10 Utah lol.

I’d call that BVS.

No BVS. Just an opinion. I think UF is more talented than Utah. But I am hoping that Utah stomps a freaking mud hole in them and walks it dry.

Utah will give Florida all they can handle but ultimately will wilt in the Florida heat/humidity. Florida wins with a last second field goal.

LSU will beat FSU's eyes shut. Too much talent disparity and Death Valley is a tough place to play.

Arkansas will physically pound Cincinnati. This one will be close for a half but Arkansas will take over in the 2nd half.

Despite Pitt losing Pickett and Addison, I think they will have too much defense for WV to overcome. Pitt wins this one.
LSU/FSU is not in Death Valley. It is in New Orleans. The other thing I have not seen mentioned is FSU has a gimme game before the LSU game. This may help them iron out some things. Not saying FSU will win but may help them keep it close.

That could be enough to win 2 more games a year. Might chase off some of the self-worshiping types though. lol

Do you think it’d be possible to wait till October 1st to fix that stuff?

I think UF beats Utah. LSU is going to hammer FSU and Pitt will beat WVU easily. But I am literally the worst gambler there is so there is that.

Haha I literally think the opposite about all those games.

Utah wins by 10+ LSU wins but it’s close Hogs run away in the 2nd half Pitt wins by 4-7. Take it to the bank

Reactions: PowerT83
Nobody is mentioning Vandy; Favored by a TD @ Hawaii; who has just 6 starters back (from a bad team) and a New Coach. Vandy is Stone Cold. Rainbows are too small and slow even for the SEC Cellar Dweller.

Well well well. Money in the bank!! Hope some of yall got on Vandy. Hawaii is really bad.

I think Utah struggles with coming a few time zones east to play in an inhospitable environment and UF pulls it out.

Looking at current lines for week 1 games, are there any you’re betting the farm on?

Interested in:
Utah (-2) @ UF… a lot of unknowns here on Florida’s side. Game is in the swamp, but Utah has a lot of returning guys from last year’s squad. Leaning Utah.

FSU @ LSU (-2.5) Hard to imagine a team with a lot of talent and an experienced HC don’t beat FSU by at least a FG (seeing this line at -3 now in some places.)

Cincy @ Arky (-7) Pittman and his squad should make easy pickings of a depleted Cincy team who lost 9 guys to the NFL and had several super seniors finally run out of eligibility.

WVU (+7) @Pitt I think WVU may be a bit underrated this year. They picked up Daniel’s from UGA, and Josh Pate has them over 6 wins this year. Pitt may be pretty good still but I think this will be a gunfight between Slovis and Daniels.

What else is out there that you’d bet your paycheck on?

Utah and Ark cover.

WVU is at Pitt, I think pitt will win by more than a td

I'd take LSU too. BK>Norvell AND it's in the superdome. fsu fans travel well, but it's opening week IN Louisiana with

I wouldn't touch UF/Utah with a 10 ft. pole.

Yep. I see some TN fans making the same mistake about UF they have made so many times before. Oh UF is down. They have a new coaching staff, this coaching staff isn’t like the one before it. Yet they still have a lot of talent, a QB that seems to have all the gifts and a coach who has had some success and comes from the Swinney/Saban tree.

I’m not a betting woman, but if I were…

Utah (Gators put up a fight but a veteran Utes team pulls away at the end)
Arky (Calling a blow out win here for the pigs)
LSU (I think FSU makes things interesting at first but LSU jut out talents them)
Pitt (This was the hardest pick for me but overall think Pitt is the better team)

Yep. I see some TN fans making the same mistake about UF they have made so many times before. Oh UF is down. They have a new coaching staff, this coaching staff isn’t like the one before it. Yet they still have a lot of talent, a QB that seems to have all the gifts and a coach who has had some success and comes from the Swinney/Saban tree.

I’ve seen too many non SEC, highly ranked teams, get stomped out when facing a perceived mediocre SEC squad.

Utah might very well win. I don’t know. But, history isn’t in their side.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back