You’re not a fan…

Last edited:
If you have a problem having your teams back. Period. I will parody every stupid thread.

Reactions: Tnman1
Honestly, I believe the flop fest pissed people off more than the refs. I know that was what did it for me. In my 50 years watching football, I've never seen anything like it. I know it will never happen, but Sankey needs to have a prayer meeting with Lane about that crap.

Also, I'm not defending what happened, but I can see why it happened.

I agree with you. There is a YouTube channel called A to Z sports Nashville. They do Titans and Vols games. After every TN game they usually have Jonathan Crompton on to give his comments. He was talking about the flopping. He said that we did it as well just not nearly as much as OM did. He also said that in college football there are meetings with coaches and players discussing who should flop and when.

In unrelated news, someone put up a "Let’s Go Brandon" billboard on Stone Dr. here in Kingsport... 😳🤣😂🤣😂

I have a pic, but didn't post because it would be deleted. Hell, this will probably get deleted...

Sorry Freak it was too funny not to share..

Reactions: Tnman1
I love watching UT sports. I love UT football the most. I yell at the television, and worry my dogs and kids. I love it when we win, and hate it when we lose. That said, eighteen year-old kids playing a game are not a proxy for my happiness or well-being as a human. If you can’t function in society during or after a college sporting event that didn’t turn out your way, get professional help. Get medicated if necessary. Achieve something on your own, and trade in your football action figures for a life. Those of us who show with up passion for the team, with a willingness to accept the outcome, aren’t the problem. You are.

Separately— If you believe the “the media”, ESPN, the SEC or referees secretly plot against us, you may need a stronger pill. It’s a game. There will be human error, and sometimes those errors will favor the other team. Sometimes a whole group of those errors can go entirely one way in a game. I’ve refereed games with hostile crowds that think there’s a plot against them. There very rarely is. Referees are human. There can be biases, but they are not having secret meetings to devise ways to ruin your weekend.

As for the mob behavior, If you think you’re a better fan because you’re willing to riot if things don’t go your way, you’re wrong. Last night, some fans were arrested, some were treated for injuries. It was only dumb luck that protected those injured fans from more serious injuries, and the mob from greater consequences. Fans have died at sporting events due to the stupidity and ignorant rage of misguided fans. If you doubt that, ask uncle Google for help.

Our team lost thirty players last year. Our OL is so decimated that we’re starting a walk on at the most important position. We’re missing key starters and contributors, and we had significantly less talent and depth than the other team last night. Our D played almost double the player snaps of a normal game. They didn’t quit. Hooker didn’t quit when he was hit again and again. Tillman didn’t quit when he was injured, nor did Taylor, Small or various DL that came in and out limping. Our D didn’t quit when they took the field again and again. Our coaches didn’t quit trying to win. They gave it their best. If you disagree with certain decisions, so be it. For you backyard yahoo’s calling for a “spy,” we had one on many of the plays. We also picked our poison and chose to take away the 50 yard td pass by dropping the safety or the star. In doing so, we gave up 20 yard runs. Their center played the game of his life. Their qb did too. He took hits, fought for yards, and played hard. If you can’t appreciate their competitive effort, you missed the big picture. Milton made a dumb play. He isn’t the first #2 QB to make a bad choice after being thrown in a game with no warm up. It’s not because he lacked “heart”. If you think that kid wanted to lose the game and feel that for the rest of his life, you obviously don’t understand what it means to compete.

As for you jackasses that support a mob riot in response to a bad call, a jerk ex-coach, or something else that upset your tummy, I notice that many of you are the same petulant children who gave up on the team in the first quarter. I can’t even count the number of you who said “game,” “game over,” or “I’m out” somewhere in the first quarter. The team didn’t quit. The players didn’t quit. The coaches didn’t quit. You did. How brave of you to show back up for the mob hurling water bottles at the end. Is it surprising that the same “fans” who quit on the team also threw a fit about calls, supported mob violence, and woke back up today to whine and stomp more? It’s not. It’s not surprising at all.
I realize I’m not going to change anyone’s character or behavior with this post, and I don’t expect anything but more tantrums from people who refuse to accept that things don’t always go your way. When you walk on an athletic field, you accept the rules of that field as interpreted by the people chosen to enforce them. The players had more at stake than the fans. They took the hits. They got up again and again. They didn’t lose their composure, get penalized outside the game, and they accepted the calls, good and bad. As a fan, if you can’t meet or exceed the behavior of the kids who are fighting the fight, you aren’t a fan. You’re something else altogether.

In unrelated news, someone put up a "Let’s Go Brandon" billboard on Stone Dr. here in Kingsport... 😳🤣😂🤣😂

I have a pic, but didn't post because it would be deleted. Hell, this will probably get deleted...

Sorry Freak it was too funny not to share..

I seen it. Best thing Kingsport has done in a long time.

Reactions: m1al
I hear you. I didn’t like the refereeing last night or fifteen years of terrible hires either. I just don’t plan to shoot up the post office or storm the capitol over it.

46306806011_4e4db2b19a_b.jpg

If you have a problem having your teams back. Period. I will parody every stupid thread.
The team called... they said they already have a full staff to "have their back". Also wanted to remind you, you aren't a member of the team, nor support staff.

Reactions: BanditVol
I don’t think it’s reasonable to define who is or is not a fan based off some upset folks losing their cool and tossing crap on the field. I was at the game and did not enjoy watching all the stuff being thrown and don’t agree with this behavior. But I appreciate all the folks coming to the game and cheering on the team. I’ll tell all the folks that left early and didn’t see the last 54 seconds missed something we haven’t seen since Josh Dobbs era, a team that never quit playing down to the final play. Go vols!

Reactions: 4chrissy
I don’t think it’s reasonable to define who is or is not a fan based off some upset folks losing their cool and tossing crap on the field. I was at the game and did not enjoy watching all the stuff being thrown and don’t agree with this behavior. But I appreciate all the folks coming to the game and cheering on the team. I’ll tell all the folks that left early and didn’t see the last 54 seconds missed something we haven’t seen since Josh Dobbs era, a team that never quit playing down to the final play. Go vols!
To be clear, I think we have the best fans and the best stadium in the country. I just think that if the team can keep the game on the field, we can too.

Reactions: mercuryvol
Le
Let me ask you a question tough guy.

Let's say you're at the game with your child during this episode of "having your team's back" and a half full can of beer flies down from above and clocks your kid in the head.

How do you feel about it now?

Le

Let me ask you a question tough guy.

Let's say you're at the game with your child during this episode of "having your team's back" and a half full can of beer flies down from above and clocks your kid in the head.

How do you feel about it now?
Hate to say it, but I question the judgement of parents who would bring a child to that game. Definitely not a family atmosphere.

I love watching UT sports. I love UT football the most. I yell at the television, and worry my dogs and kids. I love it when we win, and hate it when we lose. That said, eighteen year-old kids playing a game are not a proxy for my happiness or well-being as a human. If you can’t function in society during or after a college sporting event that didn’t turn out your way, get professional help. Get medicated if necessary. Achieve something on your own, and trade in your football action figures for a life. Those of us who show with up passion for the team, with a willingness to accept the outcome, aren’t the problem. You are.

Separately— If you believe the “the media”, ESPN, the SEC or referees secretly plot against us, you may need a stronger pill. It’s a game. There will be human error, and sometimes those errors will favor the other team. Sometimes a whole group of those errors can go entirely one way in a game. I’ve refereed games with hostile crowds that think there’s a plot against them. There very rarely is. Referees are human. There can be biases, but they are not having secret meetings to devise ways to ruin your weekend.

As for the mob behavior, If you think you’re a better fan because you’re willing to riot if things don’t go your way, you’re wrong. Last night, some fans were arrested, some were treated for injuries. It was only dumb luck that protected those injured fans from more serious injuries, and the mob from greater consequences. Fans have died at sporting events due to the stupidity and ignorant rage of misguided fans. If you doubt that, ask uncle Google for help.

Our team lost thirty players last year. Our OL is so decimated that we’re starting a walk on at the most important position. We’re missing key starters and contributors, and we had significantly less talent and depth than the other team last night. Our D played almost double the player snaps of a normal game. They didn’t quit. Hooker didn’t quit when he was hit again and again. Tillman didn’t quit when he was injured, nor did Taylor, Small or various DL that came in and out limping. Our D didn’t quit when they took the field again and again. Our coaches didn’t quit trying to win. They gave it their best. If you disagree with certain decisions, so be it. For you backyard yahoo’s calling for a “spy,” we had one on many of the plays. We also picked our poison and chose to take away the 50 yard td pass by dropping the safety or the star. In doing so, we gave up 20 yard runs. Their center played the game of his life. Their qb did too. He took hits, fought for yards, and played hard. If you can’t appreciate their competitive effort, you missed the big picture. Milton made a dumb play. He isn’t the first #2 QB to make a bad choice after being thrown in a game with no warm up. It’s not because he lacked “heart”. If you think that kid wanted to lose the game and feel that for the rest of his life, you obviously don’t understand what it means to compete.

As for you jackasses that support a mob riot in response to a bad call, a jerk ex-coach, or something else that upset your tummy, I notice that many of you are the same petulant children who gave up on the team in the first quarter. I can’t even count the number of you who said “game,” “game over,” or “I’m out” somewhere in the first quarter. The team didn’t quit. The players didn’t quit. The coaches didn’t quit. You did. How brave of you to show back up for the mob hurling water bottles at the end. Is it surprising that the same “fans” who quit on the team also threw a fit about calls, supported mob violence, and woke back up today to whine and stomp more? It’s not. It’s not surprising at all.
I realize I’m not going to change anyone’s character or behavior with this post, and I don’t expect anything but more tantrums from people who refuse to accept that things don’t always go your way. When you walk on an athletic field, you accept the rules of that field as interpreted by the people chosen to enforce them. The players had more at stake than the fans. They took the hits. They got up again and again. They didn’t lose their composure, get penalized outside the game, and they accepted the calls, good and bad. As a fan, if you can’t meet or exceed the behavior of the kids who are fighting the fight, you aren’t a fan. You’re something else altogether.
Post of the season. Some of our fans have the worst attitudes - those of literal babies. I would hate to see how they go about their jobs, if they even have them.

VN Store

Back