Yoo Hoo! It's time to end the NCAA investigation

WiseOlVol

The US Supreme Court effectively ruled it's OK to pay players.
SCOTUS opinions are valid retroactively (i.e., as if this was always the law).
We self reported and cooperated to the max.
All parties involved were ejected from the program ASAP.
We've lost 2 recruiting classes because of the delays.
All facts have been known by the NCAA for a year.

Never, ever trust the ncaa to be either fair or make any sense what so ever in their ruling

Uh oh. You should be prepared for the parade of Virtue Signaling Vol Fans who will inform you how horrible we were, that we should be absolutely slammed for what we did, and that you are stupid, naive, and silly to think otherwise.
I don't really think anyone thinks what WE did is wrong. Jeremy Pruitt is obviously a moron. UT handled it very well. I haven't heard anyone say we didn't handle the situation well. The NCAA is very inconsistent in how they punish programs though, so who knows. They've already punished us by letting this cloud hang over our programs head for a year.

I don't really think anyone thinks what WE did is wrong. Jeremy Pruitt is obviously a moron. UT handled it very well. I haven't heard anyone say we didn't handle the situation well. The NCAA is very inconsistent in how they punish programs though, so who knows. They've already punished us by letting this cloud hang over our programs head for a year.

Well Put.

I’m totally convinced Pruitt was a mole that was sent here by Bama boosters to tear down our program

SCOTUS did not make it ok to pay players. Schools still can't hand a player/recruit a bag of cash as a recruiting tactic.

Yeah, I haven’t heard anyone “virtue signaling” that we deserve to be punished.

Well as long as Will Wade is coaching with no scholarship limitations and the players he paid a F()371N8 huge sum is still playing we are good to go.
B1C80216-CAEA-400C-9202-D81028C2A458.png

Never, ever trust the ncaa to be either fair or make any sense what so ever in their ruling
I don't trust the NCAA nor the government. I'm just glad they have made it "legal" for kids who play their hearts out are actually able to make some money while focusing on their sport. They really don't have time to hold down a good job while playing so it helps them. Paying players in some form or fashion from pee-wee up is always going on.

Reactions: JPL
I don't trust the NCAA nor the government. I'm just glad they have made it "legal" for kids who play their hearts out are actually able to make some money while focusing on their sport. They really don't have time to hold down a good job while playing so it helps them. Paying players in some form or fashion from pee-wee up is always going on.
I don’t have a problem with players getting a “cut” of the $ … but I don’t see how handing an 18 year old kid more money than some/many people can earn in 20-30 years is a wise or GOOD thing … I mean we ARE talking about sports that are STILL 100% tied to a college program.

Which Supreme Court case nullified the NCAA by-laws restricting athletic departments from paying athletes to attend the school?

Or is this just you publicly stating that you don't know what "NIL" actually means, or how it pertains to college sports?

Last edited:
Which Supreme Court case nullified the NCAA by-laws restricting athletic if departments from paying athletes to attend the school?

Or is this just you publicly stating that you don't know what "NIL" actually means, or how it pertains to college sports?
couldn't have said it better myself

Reactions: VolDave53
I’m totally convinced Pruitt was a mole that was sent here by Bama boosters to tear down our program

And the black helicopters are circling overhead now. I'm sure Saban can't sleep at night worrying about a TN program that cannot stay within single digits of his team and is a non-factor in AL's season. Makes sense to me

I don’t have a problem with players getting a “cut” of the $ … but I don’t see how handing an 18 year old kid more money than some/many people can earn in 20-30 years is a wise or GOOD thing … I mean we ARE talking about sports that are STILL 100% tied to a college program.
It was ok when they signed with MLB and the NBA and it isn't really about the kids age that has most people up in the air its that these kids are getting full scholarships, considered "amateur athletes" and wasn't done in the past. I think that most people don't get the concept of this NIL rule. Kids aren't going to get paid millions of dollars a year to play at a college. Will there be someone out there to pay a kid that, yes but not every 5* is going to get millions. The college can't broker a deal for a recruit but they can let kids know what deals are out for their athletes. Yes the sports are tied to the school but most of those schools are making millions a year off of those kids who can't even take a free cheeseburger without getting in trouble of some sort. Any other college kid can go out there and hold down a job and make millions while in college but why can't a student athlete, seems like a double standard to me.

VN Store

Back