yo, South Pittsburg folks???????

That is why I asked the question. Since the city border is also the state line with Alabama, I thought they might relate to their central time zone, but understand the linkage to Chattanooga/ GA area. Used to use 72 to get back to Ktown from Guntersville AL during my years there in about an hour.

Know it well, OLD Hwy 72, went straight thru South Pittsburg. Imagine how times (Traffic) have changed! You would hardly see a truck after 9pm on a US Highway, and the Only route North! 72 went through many small Towns -----Stevenson, Bridgeport, much simpler and Better times, IMO.

Know it well, OLD Hwy 72, went straight thru South Pittsburg. Imagine how times (Traffic) have changed! You would hardly see a truck after 9pm on a US Highway, and the Only route North! 72 went through many small Towns -----Stevenson, Bridgeport, much simpler and Better times, IMO.

Sometimes for variety I would go through Albertville turn up through Fyffe, Geradine, and hang a right in Rainsville to I 59. Pretty familiar with that stretch of N. AL.

During one stretch of really impactive road work on 24 in and around Chattanooga I would cut off 59 about Trenton, work my way over to 75. Not a short cut but did save time. You had to pack a lunch the backups got so bad.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
That is why I asked the question. Since the city border is also the state line with Alabama, I thought they might relate to their central time zone, but understand the linkage to Chattanooga/ GA area. Used to use 72 to get back to Ktown from Guntersville AL during my years there in about an hour.

We share nothing with Alabama. First north jackson can’t read. Secondly they tried to recruit Perry Hutchins in 94 and Eddie in 1997. Gbo and let’s Go Stone and Company. I’m not sure if Johnnie has stopped crying. I’m happy for them. Good family that bleeds orange and black.

Last edited:
I have never considered Chattanooga to be in east Tennessee. It's too far south. On another note, when the defunct Oilers relocated their franchise to Nashville and were polling for name change, I pushed for Copperheads. I hate those venomous things. But, I love Steve Earle's song and whoever heard of a Titan in Tennessee???

Reactions: BilboTN and SD189

VN Store

Back