XFL 2023

I don't know man, I like some things about their game. I don't care for the 3 downs, but the multiple men in motion is cool and you can score 1 point which can get you crazy endings like this:

Imagine a Tennessee/Florida game coming down to each team punting it back to each other.

That is bizarre, feels like they were making it all up as the play was going on.

Wonder what percentage of CFL players come from American universities vs Canadian.

That is bizarre, feels like they were making it all up as the play was going on.

My favorite part is the Toronto guy knew what was coming and messed up both times just catching the ball to kick back. And I know he's hurrying but why not angle it out of bounds?

After decades dormant, USFL to relaunch in '22

giphy.gif

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Hoping all 3, USFL, XFL & CFL, merge together.

I'm holding my breath that the USFL is coming back. They tried this in 2013 and it never happened, though having Fox Sports back it gives it more credence.

I wonder what that means for the XFL then, because sounds like it means the XFL won't have Fox Sports as a TV provider; unless the seasons won't overlap.

I'm holding my breath that the USFL is coming back. They tried this in 2013 and it never happened, though having Fox Sports back it gives it more credence.

I wonder what that means for the XFL then, because sounds like it means the XFL won't have Fox Sports as a TV provider; unless the seasons won't overlap.
With Dwayne Johnson as the XFL backing it's possible with his connection to the WWE and the WWE's new connection with Peacock NBC's streaming service the XFL could end up on NBC and USA Network as NBC is shutting down their NBC Sports net and moving things like NHL & NASCAR to USA & Peacock.

With Dwayne Johnson as the XFL backing it's possible with his connection to the WWE and the WWE's new connection with Peacock NBC's streaming service the XFL could end up on NBC and USA Network as NBC is shutting down their NBC Sports net and moving things like NHL & NASCAR to USA & Peacock.

If the XFL and CFL end up in some sort of merger/partnership then ABC/ESPN might get involved since the CFL already has an agreement with ESPN for televising their games in the US mostly through ESPN+ but also some games on ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNNews.

Personally I want the CFL to stay seperate but I'm fine with them setting up a partnership with the XFL for financial stability for both sides. So I would hope the XFL's season would stay the same (Feb-April) or moved up a bit as long as it ends before the CFL starts (June).

If the XFL and USFL both end up playing, I wouldn't mind them having parallel seasons but I would hope it would build competition and not hurt each other in fighting for viewers.

Now the XFL has announced they are returning in 2023.

Call me cynical but I'm starting to doubt it's coming back; especially if the USFL actually kicks off and does well.

That's a good move by the XFL, this way they probably will have leverage to get a TV package if the NFL is sort of involved with them. Might even mean the NFL Network might show some games.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol and MAD
I'm liking the XFL setting up a connection to the NFL, because imo that's pretty huge for long term success. But what I don't like is the talk that they may be doing the "hub city' thing in their first season back next year. That's a huge mistake to me.

The USFL did it this year because when they were planning their first season they weren't sure if all the Covid crap would still be going on so it was a precaution. But assuming this first season is good enough they'll be back next year in their host cities. If the XFL comes out and does a hub it will just further point out they are a year behind the USFL.

Reactions: MAD and CagleMtnVol

VN Store

Back