XFL 2023

source.gif

https://www.xflnewshub.com/xfl-news/xfl-planning-move-tampa-bay-vipers-orlando/

If these reports are correct, the Vipers would move to Orlando, and the Guardians would play their games at Red Bull Arena. There was also apparently plans to move a team to San Antonio.

The Guardians to Red Bull Arena made perfect sense, as the smaller venue woould be better than MetLife Stadium. I can also see the Vipers moving to Orlando where I assume they would either played where the Apollos played (UCF's stadium) or where Orlando City SC plays. To my knowledge Tampa didn't have a smaller venue to play at.

I'm not sure what other team was supposed to move to San Antonio. Some speculation was Dallas but they put a lot of money into converting the old Rangers' park to a more football stadium plus Dallas did pretty decent with the attendance. And it wouldn't be Houston, they also did well. It could have been Los Angeles but I can't imagine the XFL would drop the LA market that quickly. That would leave Seattle, which makes no sense to me because they had great attendance. And it certainly wouldn't be St. Louis. DC also had pretty good support and attendance. And even though SA would support the team, from a market share standpoint I can't seen the advantage of putting a 3rd Texas team in so quickly.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

If these reports are correct, the Vipers would move to Orlando, and the Guardians would play their games at Red Bull Arena. There was also apparently plans to move a team to San Antonio.

The Guardians to Red Bull Arena made perfect sense, as the smaller venue woould be better than MetLife Stadium. I can also see the Vipers moving to Orlando where I assume they would either played where the Apollos played (UCF's stadium) or where Orlando City SC plays. To my knowledge Tampa didn't have a smaller venue to play at.

I'm not sure what other team was supposed to move to San Antonio. Some speculation was Dallas but they put a lot of money into converting the old Rangers' park to a more football stadium plus Dallas did pretty decent with the attendance. And it wouldn't be Houston, they also did well. It could have been Los Angeles but I can't imagine the XFL would drop the LA market that quickly. That would leave Seattle, which makes no sense to me because they had great attendance. And it certainly wouldn't be St. Louis. DC also had pretty good support and attendance. And even though SA would support the team, from a market share standpoint I can't seen the advantage of putting a 3rd Texas team in so quickly.
Wow there were interesting plans for the XFL and it's too bad that they wont happen:(

There's absolutely ZERO

It would be nice if someone bought the XFL and revived it....well again. But I just don't see anyone doing that, especially not until this pandemic has cleared. Established leagues are having enough problems.

I do think it would be worth a look for the NFL to buy it and make it into an official minor league. I think if they did that and it came back without really changing much and has the official blessing of the NFL that it would probably actually bring in some more fans.

I haven't read any details but I'm having a hard time figuring out what "gross neglect" means. What exactly is Luck supposed to do when literally every other US based sport shutdown. And the "personal use of XFL iPhone"....that sounds about as damning as "took a long lunch".

I haven't read any details but I'm having a hard time figuring out what "gross neglect" means. What exactly is Luck supposed to do when literally every other US based sport shutdown. And the "personal use of XFL iPhone"....that sounds about as damning as "took a long lunch".

It is all a farce. McMahon has money problems, plain and simple. Just didn’t want to pay Luck.

VN Store

Back