XFL 2023

I will show my age a bit but I think if the usfl had waited a few more years before moving to the fall it's possible that they could still be going

I don't think they would have survived moving to the fall ever; they would have lasted longer if they had stayed in the spring. I'm not so sure about it still being around though. It was doing ok but it wasn't doing gangbusters.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I don't think they would have survived moving to the fall ever; they would have lasted longer if they had stayed in the spring. I'm not so sure about it still being around though. It was doing ok but it wasn't doing gangbusters.
I think the USFL if they stayed in the Spring they could possibly have survived until 1987-1990 before overspending may have finally done in the league.

A lot of what ifs rue. But they were getting alot of the best players early. At the very least they made the move to the fall to quick.

A lot of what ifs rue. But they were getting alot of the best players early. At the very least they made the move to the fall to quick.

I just don't think it was strong enough to compete head to head with the NFL (and college football). Many of the teams were kind of barely hanging on, and a few had moved several times already.

I just don't think it was strong enough to compete head to head with the NFL (and college football). Many of the teams were kind of barely hanging on, and a few had moved several times already.

Will never know. But they were paying huge money and getting the top of the top talent. Steve Young Reggie White Herschel Walker.

I know it's for a totally different reason but it's hard to believe the AAF actually lasted longer given the XFL seemed to be much more successful.

I'm taking this as a sign that nobody needs to try spring football for a very long time. One finally shows up that is doing well and a freakin' pandemic took it out.

I know it's for a totally different reason but it's hard to believe the AAF actually lasted longer given the XFL seemed to be much more successful.

I'm taking this as a sign that nobody needs to try spring football for a very long time. One finally shows up that is doing well and a freakin' pandemic took it out.
It sounds like the AAF is about to try to give it another go:cool:o_O

I still can't believe it's dead. Not because a spring football league and specifically a spring league called the XFL failing is weird; just how it happened.

I mean it looked like we finally had one that was going to stick around a while and a once in a lifetime event just wipes it out.

I was disappointed that it ended the way it did. That said, I enjoyed watching the 4 games every weekend. It was fun while it lasted.

VN Store

Back