XFL 2023

I’m watching the XFL.

I’m pretty damn happy the Las Vegas team is Vipers because it’s a badass snake, and the only other snakes team in United States pro sports is the MLB team that is the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
So haflway through the season, it's clear St. Louis and San Antonio are by far the most supported teams, with DC being the 3rd best supported team but not to the level of STL or SA.

After that you have Houston, Arlington, and Seattle who have so-so attendance. It's not terrible but it's not great either. Seattle especially I thought would be better since they came out for the Dragons in 2020.

And then the Guardian and Vipers which are by far the 2 worst supported team. The Vipers in LV is pathetic and the Guardians are better but not by a lot. Of course, both of these teams are the 2 worst teams in the league so not exactly surprising, but given nobody has come out since game 1 I'm not sure if they were winning it would help all that much. It just seems like both markets aren't great. Orlando may just have spring football fatigue.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
If I’m an NFL team I give Arlington QB Luis Perez a shot at a backup job. Believe he’s the kind of guy that can be a solid in the locker room and then provide a confident play if needed to enter a game.

Watched a lot of XFL this year and still believe the kickoff setup should be adopted by NFL, college, and high school ball, and both NFL AND college should also allow viewers to see booth officials at work. Been great watching Dean Blandino at work during these games.

Last edited:
FYI, the Las Vegas Vipers have announced they are not playing in Cashman Field next season and unless a small miracle happens and they cut a favorable deal to play in Sam Boyd Stadium or Allegiant Stadium (both likely not to happen), they will move.

Right now the leading candidates are Nashville and Tempe/Phoenix.

Reactions: MAD
FYI, the Las Vegas Vipers have announced they are not playing in Cashman Field next season and unless a small miracle happens and they cut a favorable deal to play in Sam Boyd Stadium or Allegiant Stadium (both likely not to happen), they will move.

Right now the leading candidates are Nashville and Tempe/Phoenix.
Would you like them to come to Nashville?

Would you like them to come to Nashville?

I'd go to some games. I think they'd probably do well enough. My guess is they'd rather play at either Geodis Park or Vandy's stadium because my guess is they're looking for 15-20K a game.

That’s the XFL saving the USFL

Yeah....I don't think that's the case. The XFL lost $60 million and had at least 2 markets that were generating zero interest (Las Vegas and Orlando). The USFL has it's own problems but the hub set up and the backing of Fox Sports made it lose less.

If anything they were cannibalizing each other and both realized the only way to survive is to take the best of both leagues and combine.

Yeah....I don't think that's the case. The XFL lost $60 million and had at least 2 markets that were generating zero interest (Las Vegas and Orlando). The USFL has it's own problems but the hub set up and the backing of Fox Sports made it lose less.

If anything they were cannibalizing each other and both realized the only way to survive is to take the best of both leagues and combine.
The XFL had an agreement with the NFL

The XFL had an agreement with the NFL

For collaboration on new rules and safety protocols; nothing to do with player development or being a minor league. The NFL wasn't putting any money into the XFL that I know of. So it hardly was any kind of advantage.

On top of that, the reports state the XFL iniated the merger talks with the USFL.

So if the new rumors are true, that they are about to announce that all 8 USFL teams are staying and 4 XFL teams are staying (St.Louis, DC, Arlington, San Antonio), then that imo further cements that the XFL was looking to merge because they were in bigger trouble than they let on. They are even letting the Gamblers stay as the Houston team, not the Roughnecks. This makes no sense if the XFL was supposedly in better shape than the USFL. Clearly long term the XFL didn't see their setup being viable.

So if the new rumors are true, that they are about to announce that all 8 USFL teams are staying and 4 XFL teams are staying (St.Louis, DC, Arlington, San Antonio), then that imo further cements that the XFL was looking to merge because they were in bigger trouble than they let on. They are even letting the Gamblers stay as the Houston team, not the Roughnecks. This makes no sense if the XFL was supposedly in better shape than the USFL. Clearly long term the XFL didn't see their setup being viable.
Im pretty surprised by this, while it wasnt the best I thought the XFL was a decent product. I enjoyed a lot of the extra acess they provided during games.

As long as Memphis has a team............I'm a fan.

VN Store

Back