XBOX Series X Launch Day Delivery

Offset Eye

Welp, I picked one up at Best Buy this morning for one of my two boys (ages 12 and 13). It was a pre-order during the second wave of pre-orders. I never could get a PS5 for me, er, my other son. We're a divided house. Anyway, I don't know anything about XBOX as I haven't had one since the original XBOX. What I do know is for the freaking life of me, I can't figure out how to download a digital game that was also bought from Best Buy. I entered the code, the code was accepted, and, yeah, there is nowhere to download it in the UI. Doesn't show up or anything. Anyone have any advice?

BTW, I highly recommend Best Buy for ANY pre-orders of anything. I have previously pre-ordered an iphone 8 Plus, airpods Pro, and now an XBOX Series X during the freakout times for each and never once has there been any shenanigans with delivery/pick-up.

Anyway, I hope you all had a smooth experience. Now if I could just find a PS5 that doesn't cost more than my life is worth.

Reactions: coachjp6
I picked up one from Best Buy today. Park, punch in my parking spot number and they brought it out a few minutes later.

Then, I sold it to a friend of mine that never could find a pre-order. It was in my car for roughly 2 minutes. Looking forward to seeing how he likes it.

My Amazon unit still says arriving today by 9pm. I don't believe it at this point. But, I also don't really care since I'm 90% most likely not keeping it.

Or try going to Games & Apps and then to full library and All Owned Games

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: Offset Eye
My uncle's never came today even though it has been shipped from Amazon. Makes me worried Bout my PS5 lol

One thing I will say this thing puts off some heat. Don't even consider putting it in an even semi enclosed space. Still have not heard the fans though.

Hmmm. I've never purchased a game that way but try this.

Go to the store and search for it. If it says you already own it might prompt an install?

Thanks. I did that and it only offers for me to buy it. I will contact Microsoft and see if they can assist. Appreciate y'all trying to assist with this.

UPDATE:

TL;DR: Best Buy agreed they delivered to me a digital game download code (for this game on Series X at least) that does not work. They are consulting with Microsoft to provide a resolution within the next 24 hours.

I called Microsoft, and 'Ed' was able to see the redeemed code from Best Buy for 'NBA2k21 Mamba Forever Edition'. This should have included the game and the additional stuff that makes it the higher-priced edition in the first place. However, apparently, the game code Best Buy issued was ONLY for the 'consumables' (i.e., the currency and special stuff that you normally get in an add-on pack) but not the game as well. The weird part is that there is no code or available purchase option to take the standard next gen game and upgrade it to the Mamba edition, and the really weird thing is that Microsoft was able to tell this from the code (If it doesn't exist, how did they know it was only for the 'consumables' and not also the game). Anyway, 'Ed' left me with advice to reach out to Best Buy. So, I went to Best Buy, explained all this, and the customer service guy called Best Buy's digital sales people while I waited. Turns out, this is a known issue and Best Buy was working with Microsoft and 2k for a resolution that is expected in the next 24-hours. We'll see how it goes, but heads up if you are thinking about purchasing a digital game license (at least for this game) from Best Buy.

Last edited:
What a mess.

It's not normally that way. I've never heard of anything like this happening before. So crazy.

VN Store

Back