The WRASSLIN’ Thread

How would you guys rank Raw, Smackdown, and NXT? I don't watch NXT much at all. I keep up with it a little because I want to have an idea what superstars will be coming to the main roster, but I've never really tried to get into it.

Like you, I don't really watch NXT. So, I can't rate it. As for the other shows, I give Raw a slight advantage. For me, the biggest problems with the shows is that the storylines are generally bad or non existent. Also, there aren't really any larger than life characters.

It feels like the brand split is not working.

I don't think it is either.

It's unnecessary... It's as if the writers don't have enough will power to write decent storylines that don't involve a title as a plot device and keep several of them going without involving the top guys to run it.

I mean people tune in to each individual show knowing that it's a different set of storylines involved than the previous night.

Why can't they do it under a single brand?

Why can't a story be about the climb instead of being simply about the title?

We shouldn't have to have the new day and usos' trading tag title reigns like rental cars.

I don't think it is either.

It's unnecessary... It's as if the writers don't have enough will power to write decent storylines that don't involve a title as a plot device and keep several of them going without involving the top guys to run it.

I mean people tune in to each individual show knowing that it's a different set of storylines involved than the previous night.

Why can't they do it under a single brand?

Why can't a story be about the climb instead of being simply about the title?

We shouldn't have to have the new day and usos' trading tag title reigns like rental cars.

They wouldn't even have to have the stars on each show. You can build up a IC chase through SD. Then when a SD guy becomes number one contender, either the IC shows up at SD one night or the #1 contender confronts him on RAW. There are too many wrestlers to push all on RAW or all on SD, but just mix them up when you need to.

Reactions: 1 person
Roman and Bray are both out for TLC. AJ Styles will now face Balor (!!!!) and KURT ANGLE will team up with the Rollins and Ambrose in the main event! WTF

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwetlc/article/kurt-angle-returns-replace-roman-reigns-at-wwe-tlc-aj-styles-the-demon

What in the **** man. You’re going to have Angie wrestle on less than a weeks notice?

Just don’t understand either scenario. I get having to change things up. But you’re going to waste Angle’s in ring return with 48 hours notice? In a 5-on-3 match? You’re gonna put him in the same ring as Strowman? That’s dumb.

Then Balor/Styles is one of the very few “never seen before” matches we have in WWE. I get Balor needs an opponent.....but can’t you slide Balor into Angle’s spot and do something else with another match?

Just don’t understand either scenario. I get having to change things up. But you’re going to waste Angle’s in ring return with 48 hours notice? In a 5-on-3 match? You’re gonna put him in the same ring as Strowman? That’s dumb.

Then Balor/Styles is one of the very few “never seen before” matches we have in WWE. I get Balor needs an opponent.....but can’t you slide Balor into Angle’s spot and do something else with another match?

What ifffff.....put Balor in Roman's spot and have the Miz's team somehow take the Shield out of the match, leaving Balor out there to get beat up 5-1...out comes Gallows and Anderson to help him out.

What ifffff.....put Balor in Roman's spot and have the Miz's team somehow take the Shield out of the match, leaving Balor out there to get beat up 5-1...out comes Gallows and Anderson to help him out.

Gallows and Anderson are horrible heels in their current storyline. I don't think this a good spot to make Balor a heel. He's one of the most over WWE guys right now along with AJ. Can Gallows and Anderson work as faces? Would be interesting.

As for what's going on, it's rumored to be the mumps. Bo and Bray are brothers, so they're probably close on the road. I don't know how Reigns falls into the same bunch. But... Guess who else is infected? JoJo!!! Kinda makes her "not" dating Bray seem a little out there. Sorry Ben.

They're touring South America currently so those countries probably aren't as developed, but you'd think that they were given their MMR shots as kids?

Imagine buying a ticket expecting to see Roman reigns, but instead you see the return of Kurt angle and aj styles vs Finn balor

Reactions: 1 person
Have gallows and Anderson come out during styles and balor, build suspense as to who they are aligning with, an stands up, they all three “too sweet” then give aj a ddt aligning themselves with balor.

Gallows and Anderson are horrible heels in their current storyline. I don't think this a good spot to make Balor a heel. He's one of the most over WWE guys right now along with AJ. Can Gallows and Anderson work as faces? Would be interesting.

As for what's going on, it's rumored to be the mumps. Bo and Bray are brothers, so they're probably close on the road. I don't know how Reigns falls into the same bunch. But... Guess who else is infected? JoJo!!! Kinda makes her "not" dating Bray seem a little out there. Sorry Ben.

Yeah i heard about all that. I'd get the mumps just to be with her lol.

Gallows and Anderson could be awesome faces. If you've ever heard them on the Jericho podcast they're hilarious. I'd love it.

Have gallows and Anderson come out during styles and balor, build suspense as to who they are aligning with, an stands up, they all three “too sweet” then give aj a ddt aligning themselves with balor.

Then you could have the BC vs Shield at Survivor Series. Dallas you are a ****in genius...sometimes.

Sam Roberts did a special podcast this afternoon talking about this whole ordeal. I'm with him, i like that they made these replacements instead of making Balor face Samson or somebody like that.

Since the WWE can't give you the matches they've been advertising they they're giving you what we've been waiting for. We've been looking forward to AJ vs Balor since AJ came to the WWE. We've been waiting to see Angle get back in the ring since he was put in the last video game and reconnected with WWE. This is a tag team match, they can hide him if he's got ring rust or he's out of shape. He can still build up to a 1 on 1 return later in the future. Or if Miz puns him then Miz can hold that over his head and they can work towards a singles match.

I could see Kurt coming out, then promptly getting destroyed by Miz (potentially before he even gets into the ring) and Jason Jordan coming out to help his "father."

VN Store

Back