'19 WV OL Darnell Wright (Tennessee signee)

Heard the boys were there to check in on ol DW today...

Niedermeyer then made a flight to West Virginia to see 5-star OL Darnell Wright. Friend joined him there, too. Wright will visit UGA officially soon. He will then take OVs to Alabama and Tennessee in January. The Vols remain the front runner.
-VQ

Doug Nester, another 4 star OL from Huntington, WV who has been committed to Ohio State for some time has been asked to look around according to some. He got absolutely manhandled by some 0 star d linemen from Martinsburg, WV (sort of a DC commuter town). Hope this doesn't translate the same for Darnell Wright if we get him. Competition they face regularly in that area is perhaps the worst in the country.

I was trying to quote this to say he probably fakes it, but some weird glitch wasn’t letting me quote you.
Notorious thought I had him on ignore for somewhat of the same reason...getting suspicious. 🤨

Doug Nester, another 4 star OL from Huntington, WV who has been committed to Ohio State for some time has been asked to look around according to some. He got absolutely manhandled by some 0 star d linemen from Martinsburg, WV (sort of a DC commuter town). Hope this doesn't translate the same for Darnell Wright if we get him. Competition they face regularly in that area is perhaps the worst in the country.
Yep, good Ol WV, virtually last among every category in the country! Lol

TBH, Martinsburg is a very good program and has been for a long long time. They are a burb of D.C. Now, but mainly just a bunch of big ol cornfed farm boys.
Just for reference, I believe WV has 8 or 9 kids this year committed to D1 schools:

Yep, good Ol WV, virtually last among every category in the country! Lol

TBH, Martinsburg is a very good program and has been for a long long time. They are a burb of D.C. Now, but mainly just a bunch of big ol cornfed farm boys.
Just for reference, I believe WV has 8 or 9 kids this year committed to D1 schools:
I do not think he was asked to look around he was going to ee but with Cryer leaving he is rethinking. I am not saying he is that good even though he is 90 overall on one of the ratings.

Perusing the Alabama and UGA boards and there seems to be some confidence that, while we are in on Darnell, he is expected to sign with one of them. Depends on if Neal signs with Bama.

Bama had a commit (Alfaro) and a likely commit (Dean) jump to 5*
In the last two updates Rivals has dropped about as many Bama commits and targets as they've bumped and some of them dropped significantly, despite them having good camp showings and good senior seaaons. Bama's 247 Composite class score changed by less than 1 point as result of this week's Rivals update.

In the last two updates Rivals has dropped about as many Bama commits and targets as they've bumped and some of them dropped significantly, despite them having good camp showings and good senior seaaons. Bama's 247 Composite class score changed by less than 1 point as result of this week's Rivals update.

As much as we like to banter about drops and jumps based on teams, Rival's ratings have consistently gotten worse.

Well looking at our performance and record, I’d say they were pretty accurate to drop their rank. Let’s face it we pretty much stink.

So high school players who are interested in a particular school should have their ranking adjusted because of interest in said school? That's high level stuff right there.

So high school players who are interested in a particular school should have their ranking adjusted because of interest in said school? That's high level stuff right there.
Tin foil hat necessary to believe this type of stuff. Yep they have it in for the Vols. Let’s face it we are currently in the backwater of football.

@secking What's the scoop on Wright and UGA? I'm hearing some chatter about Pittman snatching Wright from under TN.
Tweet about "Tennesee fans will hate Pittman when they see what’s about to go down...Give it time." Know anything on this?

Last edited:
Perusing the Alabama and UGA boards and there seems to be some confidence that, while we are in on Darnell, he is expected to sign with one of them. Depends on if Neal signs with Bama.

I said a couple months ago after visiting Huntington he was not coming here. Of course as it was bad news I was blasted...

Reactions: GroverCleveland
I said a couple months ago after visiting Huntington he was not coming here. Of course as it was bad news I was blasted...

And with the news this week on Norton, Pappoe, etc, I am fearing Wanya is going to be the singular crown jewel of this class. I fear he starts listening to others, although I feel he is as solid as they come.

Alabama's closing momentum started yesterday. Figure UGA starts this week as well.

VN Store

Back