'19 WV OL Darnell Wright (Tennessee signee)

Wright, one of Tennessee's longtime top targets, has been a five-star prospect for months in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, where he's still ranked the nation's No. 11 overall player and No. 2 offensive tackle. But he remains just outside five-star range in 247Sports' rankings and moved ahead of Texas A&M commitment Kenyon Green in 247Sports' offensive-tackle rankings. Wright has visited the Vols a few times this year, most recently attending their home game Sept. 22 against Florida, and Tennessee is current favorite to land him on the 247Sports Crystal Ball.

He has improved, which is an indictment of where he was before. He still struggles with consistency, effort all the time, and mental mistakes from game to game. That stuff has to get cleaned up. Physically, I agree with you about his potential with another year. The mental stuff is fixable today. He just has to want to do it.
Well the coaches voted him one of the offensive players of the KY game so they thought highly of his play..

Last edited:
Well the coaches voted him one of the offensive players of the KY game so they thought of his play..
Not really sure what you are saying, other than it appears you are trying to point out the coaches thought he played a good game vs UK. I’m also not sure how that puts to rest anything I said. Physically, he played well against UK (I didn’t claim otherwise), but he still had multiple mental errors; a false start, an illegal formation, and a personal foul). That much isn’t debatable. He was horrible against Charlotte, so let’s hope he can put a couple games together of good play against SEC competition and not revert back to what he was two weeks ago, and cut down on the mental mistakes.

Hasn't been funny for a minimum of 18 months.
Wasn't meant to be funny. It's the truth. When we get a 3*, hes a diamond in the rough. A 5* that passes wasn't good enough anyway. A 5* that's interested, every team is stupid not to want him. When other teams don't recruit a certain high caliber player, it's because that recruit is not interested, not that a better team don't want, or that he don't fit their scheme, or they don't need, or have better. So much biases here

Reactions: Rejo
Wasn't meant to be funny. It's the truth. When we get a 3*, hes a diamond in the rough. A 5* that passes wasn't good enough anyway. A 5* that's interested, every team is stupid not to want him. When other teams don't recruit a certain high caliber player, it's because that recruit is not interested, not that a better team don't want, or that he don't fit their scheme, or they don't need, or have better. So much biases here

Biases? On a Tennessee Vols football fan board? That's just silly talk.

Not sure what you read. Maybe a few are that way, but by and large, most posters I see on here are pretty realistic about recruits. Of course, acknowledging that wouldn't allow you to feel superior to the rest of us.

This is truth. But would be truth on every message board in college football.

Been trending TN for too long...
I mean I get what @cncchris33 is saying that he will struggle if he cones and starts next year, but HS OTs 5* or not, are rarely ready to start right away...Wanya will not he ready either. As long as Wright is coachable and motivated he still has the same rare 5* tools he did all year..dropping him that far is garbage..especially considering he was significantly injured.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
All I can say is leave the message board dude if it bothers you about fans of a team being biased.

Both of these oline men will come in with unrealistic and probably unfair expectations. And both will have a chance to be really really good players for us when it's all said and done.
And this is the truth. These guys are gonna come in and struggle at first...and then go make millions in a few years.

VN Store

Back