'19 WV OL Darnell Wright (Tennessee signee)

I thought he could not OV to another school, but nothing would prevent him from going on his own, but I may be wrong

Recruiting

Signing a National Letter of Intent ends the recruiting process because participating schools are prohibited from recruiting student-athletes who have already signed letters with other participating schools.

I take that to mean that the coaches and staff can't talk to him, so all he could do is maybe look around on his own.

Recruiting

I take that to mean that the coaches and staff can't talk to him, so all he could do is maybe look around on his own.
That would make sense but I don't think they could prevent him from visiting anywhere on his own dime. Just no contact with coaches. Either way, odds are he didn't sign yet. Just speculation based on canceled visits and whatnot.

That would make sense but I don't think they could prevent him from visiting anywhere on his own dime. Just no contact with coaches. Either way, odds are he didn't sign yet. Just speculation based on canceled visits and whatnot.

From what I saw on that web page I linked, the restrictions are on the school, not the student. On DW, I think we just have to continue to wait to find out.

Reactions: Devo182 and Sleegro
Darnell Wright
Darnell Wright
@darnell_5232
😚
Quote Tweet
Vol Recruiting Reports
@_VR2_
Nice block by @darnell_5232 on the Jerrion Ealy touchdown run. Sealed the end long enough to get Ealy to the second level and he did the rest

Love this retweet.💥🤔

I wish he would’ve cleared the way for Chandler and Jordan as efficiently.
To be fair he was one of best run blockers. Jordan got a lot yards on off cutting back to the right and so did Ty. Even Vandy game, toss sweep right Ty 80 yards to the house. I would’ve liked to have Drew one more year but mainly because I wanted Wright starting at guard his freshman year due to how thin our guards are.

Reactions: memtownvol
i may be alone. not excited about any OL transferring. he could mature next year or give depth. relying on two true frosh is not smart
Yep. We’ve had 2 OL get medically retired, not including Hall who may also be done. And now Richmond moves on a year prematurely. These are the reasons we need every one of those 4 (hopefully 5) recruits to start working towards the 2 deep. It will take time.

Yep. We’ve had 2 OL get medically retired, not including Hall who may also be done. And now Richmond moves on a year prematurely. These are the reasons we need every one of those 4 (hopefully 5) recruits to start working towards the 2 deep. It will take time.
Well, to be fair the two that medically retired never really played. Brooks got playing time sparingly. Really need Kennedy to be a force next year at center. We need those tackle and guard spots to be very competitive in the off season.

Also, i would think that Hall would have posted something like Taylor did when he let everyone know he’s staying. He wouldn’t wait this late before the drop/add for effect, he’s not a flashy guy. No reason why he would hang it up after working so hard to come back last off season and was able to stay healthy all season. Have a good last season and get enough to get on a practice squad. That’s $7,600 a week minimum

i may be alone. not excited about any OL transferring. he could mature next year or give depth. relying on two true frosh is not smart
I'll take a super talented freshman over a ****** Drew Richmond. We saw what Trey Smith did as a freshman

I think he's signed.

Just my opinion: ( based on very limited knowledge, feel free to correct me)
- A Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama recruiting battle for a year; maybe Ohio State some? No mention of UWV or UNC anywhere
- Early signing day comes; public finalists now Tennessee, UWV, UNC.
- Guy reportedly hates the process, but also committed to a TV announcement in February ages ago.
- Has UOV Tennessee numerous times, but will use his only OV on Tennessee. No OV to UNC or UWV listed.

My thoughts:
1. Darnell Wright informs Alabama, UGA, and Ohio State he plans to sign with Tennessee, but wishes to honor the commitment he made to do a February announcement on TV to help bring attention to his HS and teammates.
2. Those teams say fine, but we obviously can't have any more contact or visits (they all get dropped for smaller programs)
3. He randomly names UNC and UWV in his Top 3; teams that traditionally recruit much worse players, that will be glad just to get the bridesmaid tag, and probably aren't going to spoil his announcement since there are some connections.
4. Despite having all official visits remaining; he only schedules one with Tennessee (to my knowledge) - which would be his only allowed OV anyway if he has indeed put pen to paper.

Alright, now tell me why I'm wrong.

VN Store

Back