'19 WV OL Darnell Wright (Tennessee signee)

My thoughts exactly. Without Wright, I think Drew starts at RT next year. My theory is Drew knows Darnell Wright is coming. And that Darnell Wright is better than him.
Hopefully Wright is as good as projected, but with off. Linemen it’s tough to tell, I.E. drew richmond. If we all can remember he was going to be great as well as the jr college tackle we all felt was an immediate starter.

Reactions: Devo182
I don't think we do, Wright to WV is the safe bet

giphy.gif

Reactions: C/O
Darnell Wright and Evan Neal, the top two offensive tackles in the Rivals100, were on the same team at the Under Armour All-America Game and it gave everybody an excellent chance to compare the two elite prospects. Who should be the No. 1 offensive tackle in the final 2019 rankings? Rivals.com experts Adam Friedman and Rob Cassidy debate the subject here.
At 6-foot-6 and more than 300-pounds, Wright has the perfect frame to be an elite offensive lineman at the next level. He has exceptional athletic gifts for a player that size and the aggressiveness he plays with is just outstanding. Wright has a couple technical issues to fix before becoming a regular contributor in college but those issues won't take long to overcome. Like most offensive linemen, Wright will need to shed bad weight but the strength and conditioning staff at the school he chooses shouldn't have a problem making that happen quickly. Wright is one of the very few offensive linemen in this recruiting class that could see playing time his freshman year. Tennessee is the favorite to land his commitment but programs like North Carolina, West Virginia and Georgia have a chance.
-Rivals

I dunno y’all, I feel like somethings off. I feel like if he were going to commit to us he would’ve already done so publically and not take the trips. Just a feeling though, no evidence to support this so I’m probably wrong. Just feels weird to me

I dunno y’all, I feel like somethings off. I feel like if he were going to commit to us he would’ve already done so publically and not take the trips. Just a feeling though, no evidence to support this so I’m probably wrong. Just feels weird to me
Keep calm and follow the visits. So long as only the planned two remain we are good here.

What you are experiencing is called Battered Vol Syndrome. As a recovering victim of BVS, I can tell you the road ahead is not an easy one. However, the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. We are here for you Rowdy.

I think he's signed.

Just my opinion: ( based on very limited knowledge, feel free to correct me)
- A Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama recruiting battle for a year; maybe Ohio State some? No mention of UWV or UNC anywhere
- Early signing day comes; public finalists now Tennessee, UWV, UNC.
- Guy reportedly hates the process, but also committed to a TV announcement in February ages ago.
- Has UOV Tennessee numerous times, but will use his only OV on Tennessee. No OV to UNC or UWV listed.

My thoughts:
1. Darnell Wright informs Alabama, UGA, and Ohio State he plans to sign with Tennessee, but wishes to honor the commitment he made to do a February announcement on TV to help bring attention to his HS and teammates.
2. Those teams say fine, but we obviously can't have any more contact or visits (they all get dropped for smaller programs)
3. He randomly names UNC and UWV in his Top 3; teams that traditionally recruit much worse players, that will be glad just to get the bridesmaid tag, and probably aren't going to spoil his announcement since there are some connections.
4. Despite having all official visits remaining; he only schedules one with Tennessee (to my knowledge) - which would be his only allowed OV anyway if he has indeed put pen to paper.

Alright, now tell me why I'm wrong.
If he’s still making visits, he’s not signed yet.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I think he's signed.

Just my opinion: ( based on very limited knowledge, feel free to correct me)
- A Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama recruiting battle for a year; maybe Ohio State some? No mention of UWV or UNC anywhere
- Early signing day comes; public finalists now Tennessee, UWV, UNC.
- Guy reportedly hates the process, but also committed to a TV announcement in February ages ago.
- Has UOV Tennessee numerous times, but will use his only OV on Tennessee. No OV to UNC or UWV listed.

My thoughts:
1. Darnell Wright informs Alabama, UGA, and Ohio State he plans to sign with Tennessee, but wishes to honor the commitment he made to do a February announcement on TV to help bring attention to his HS and teammates.
2. Those teams say fine, but we obviously can't have any more contact or visits (they all get dropped for smaller programs)
3. He randomly names UNC and UWV in his Top 3; teams that traditionally recruit much worse players, that will be glad just to get the bridesmaid tag, and probably aren't going to spoil his announcement since there are some connections.
4. Despite having all official visits remaining; he only schedules one with Tennessee (to my knowledge) - which would be his only allowed OV anyway if he has indeed put pen to paper.

Alright, now tell me why I'm wrong.
Those reasons are all why there's speculation that he signed. Doesn't mean he did but until something changes with visits, it's very possible he did.

VN Store

Back