'21 WV ATH Isaiah Johnson (ASU commit)

Will be the third year in a row we’ve said that, so eventually we’ll be right.
And for the 3rd year in a row well be correct
2019 we finished 10th after you take out the 6 signees that UF lost and the 2 4 star signees that transferred from Auburn. 2020 were 9th on rivals as it stands with room to move up

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Johnson said he believes Tennessee is on the right track going into its third season under coach Jeremy Pruitt, and he has enjoyed his regular communication with the Vols' coaches.

"They stay on me," Johnson said. "They're always texting me. We stay in contact. They really show true love — not just a coach sending me something every now and then, but they really show true love. That's really what's standing out with them guys, and they really have something building. They've got something really good coming up."
Callahan

I can't find any junior highlights for him.
Sophomore highlights are impressive.

Big kid that can move.

VT is actually the home team here. He's about an hour from their campus, vs. 4 from West VA.

247 and Rivals both have him as a 4 star now. I'd guess his level of competition is pretty terrible.

VT is actually the home team here. He's about an hour from their campus, vs. 4 from West VA.

247 and Rivals both have him as a 4 star now. I'd guess his level of competition is pretty terrible.

Vols are still the favorite.
Also he's the 9th ranked player overall. And his 247 Composite is still 5 star.
If he continues to dominate he'll stay a 5 star

Reactions: GojiraVol17

Competition in that part of the state is pretty bad.

Four-star cornerback Isaiah Johnson was primed for a big junior campaign after a very impressive offseason but an ankle injury kept him off the field. Penn State was one of the early favorites for the Bluefield, W.Va., standout but he has since turned his attention elsewhere. Georgia hosted Johnson for a visit this spring and he was about to take a trip to see Oklahoma but the coronavirus pandemic and recruiting dead period forced him to postpone it. Now Johnson is trying to stay in contact with the programs he favors most. Here is how WE rank the contenders for his commitment.
1. GEORGIA
Kirby Smart and his staff put the Dawgs in great position to land Johnson’s commitment after an impressive visit to Athens earlier this year. Johnson really liked the environment and how he meshed with the other players and recruits. The coaching staff made it very clear to Johnson how much they want him and why he’s a great fit in their scheme. Look for the Dawgs to remain a top contender for Johnson until the very end.
2. OKLAHOMA
The Sooners have made a great impression on Johnson so far, but not getting him on campus for a visit is a blow to their momentum. Johnson wants to play for a powerhouse program and have the chance to play early and Oklahoma checks both of those boxes. The Oklahoma coaching staff remains in touch with Johnson and he is still trying to plan a trip to Norman.
3. LSU
Johnson has been interested in LSU for a long time and he continues to have conversations with their coaches. He really likes the way LSU has developed defensive backs and he sees how bright his future could be in Baton Rouge. Look for Johnson to work on setting up a visit to see LSU up close once the recruiting dead period is over.
4. TENNESSEE
Jeremy Pruitt and his staff were near the top of Johnson’s list of contenders earlier in his recruitment, but Tennessee has fallen behind a bit. Johnson has built some good relationships in Knoxville and the Vols still have a good chance of signing Johnson if they’re able to regain his focus. Johnson has cited Tennessee’s willingness to give young players significant playing time as one of his reasons for being interested in the Vols.
-Friedman (Captain Speculation)

Last edited:

VN Store

Back