'21 WV ATH Isaiah Johnson (ASU commit)

After seeing first hand how obnoxious WVU fans were in Charlotte last year, I’m all for stealing their top talents.
I was there and live in wv so it made it worse. The 1 yr that we did not need to play wvu. They are fixing to get some ass stomping this year and may lose to James Madison game 1. They will not be good and I wish we could play them and beat their ass so bad right now. Sucks

Reactions: EdEcEko77
Class of 2021 cornerback Isaiah Johnson rolled into registration at the Rivals 5-Star Challenge sporting a Vol hat. Fresh off a camp at Tennessee, the state of West Virginia’s best player in 2021 is feeling the Vols. “I’m feeling Tennessee the most right now because I have the best relationship with them,” the 4-star prospect said. “They are different. They message me to call them all the time. They stay in contact with you. They are just different. I love what they have going on there.” The 6-1, 175-pound corner said he didn’t have his best workout in front of the Vols, but defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley liked that he saw at the camp and loves what he sees in Johnson’s game.
“They like the fact that I’m fast for one,” Johnson offered. “I’m a press coverage guy. I love to play press coverage. I can play off of course too, but I love pressing. That’s one thing that stands out to them.” “As for the workout with coach Ansley, I wasn’t really feeling well that day. I felt sluggish. They said I didn’t pretty good.” Last year, Tennessee went into West Virginia and got the state’s best in five star Darnell Wright. Vol tight end coach Brian Niedermeyer spearheaded Wright’s recruitment and has established a rapport with Johnson. “I mostly talk to coach Niedermeyer. And I talk to coach Ansley a lot too,” Johnson said. “Coach Niedermeyer is outgoing. He’s a funny guy. He’s really cool. When you talk to coach Ansley, it’s a list more more ball with him. “They are building a relationship with me. I have to stay in touch with them all the time. It’s not just a recruiting pitch. It’s a legit relationship.”
Johnson has seen Tennessee, NC State and Virginia Tech this spring. He wants to get back to Rocky Top for a game and has some other places he plans to visit. “I’m going to go see Ohio State, Clemson, and Penn State for sure,” Johnson said. In terms of what Johnson is looking for in a school, on the field it’s playing time and off the field it’s relationships and the classroom. “I’m trying to start as a freshman,” Johnson stated. “I’m also looking at their academics and graduation rates. The relationship with the coaches as well. All that stuff matters.” A season ago, Tennessee started two freshmen at cornerback in Bryce Thompson and Alontae Taylor. “That was big when Coach Pruitt told me that,” Johnson said. “They are going to play the best guys period. So from the moment you get there you have a chance to get on the field.”
-VQ

From the 5 Star Challenge
Johnson has a fantastic frame to build on and could be a great cornerback or safety at the next level. There were some rough spots in the drills and one-on-one sessions, but he really turned it on during the 7-on-7 tournament, and he was a big part of his team's run to the championship game. He pulled in a few key interceptions and he let his instincts take over, allowing him to play faster and be more effective. Johnson's game seemed to improve greatly when he covered from depth and was able to break on passes in front of him.
-Rivals

Johnson camped at Tennessee this summer, flashing his length and ball-skills during an individual workout for Ansley. The West Virginia native runs a 4.5 at close to 200 pounds and already holds more than 20 offers. Georgia, Tennessee and Florida are all early factors for Johnson, with Penn State, Oklahoma and the homstate West Virginia Mountaineers in the mix, too.
-VQ

Him and Brooks would be a great start for the 2021 class. (Attn smart ones, I know we already have others committed)

I think 2021 is the first class we will start to hear stories of “they were the first on me...” or “best relationship from the get-go...”. It makes sense given that Pruitt was hired in late 2017 and I’d say the first two classes you’re playing a little bit of catch up on. We should have relationships going back to their freshman / sophomore seasons for all of these 2021 kids. It’s crazy what a stable college football program will do for you, I guess.

Reactions: VOLSONLY and T Dog
I think 2021 is the first class we will start to hear stories of “they were the first on me...” or “best relationship from the get-go...”. It makes sense given that Pruitt was hired in late 2017 and I’d say the first two classes you’re playing a little bit of catch up on. We should have relationships going back to their freshman / sophomore seasons for all of these 2021 kids. It’s crazy what a stable college football program will do for you, I guess.

2021 will be our first top 10 class.

VN Store

Back