WR recruiting questions

Mose Phillip's Watch

With Nico a solid commit & our coach probably the most prolific pass throwing coach out there why are we only getting 3 star WRs ?

Receiver Ratings Under Heupel:

Kaleb Webb - 4 star
Squirrel White - 4 star
Chas Nimrod - 4 star
Brody Foley got cut bc of scholarship reductions but he was a 4 star

Cameron Seldon - 4 star
Nathan Leacock - 4 star
Nate Spillman - 3 star
Ethan Davis - 4 star
Traylon Ray, who we lead for, is a 4 star

We are doing just fine at receiver/tight end

With Nico a solid commit & our coach probably the most prolific pass throwing coach out there why are we only getting 3 star WRs ?
Vols haven’t won 10 games in 15 years and are hovering under recruiting restrictions and a NCAA cloud. We aren’t going to get multiple 5 star receivers like Ohio State/Bama immediately but the ones we do have committed are still mostly 4’s… which should do us until we can keep building momentum on the field

Reactions: hooter vol
We're OK with our WR recruits, but I am a bit surprised we haven't gotten at least one valid 5*. By valid I mean he has all the intangibles that would make him a sure fire 1st round draft choice as long as he had the motivation to match his physical, skills. We've come close, but haven't sealed the deal. We need one of these type guys to be playing with Nico.

We're OK with our WR recruits, but I am a bit surprised we haven't gotten at least one valid 5*. By valid I mean he has all the intangibles that would make him a sure fire 1st round draft choice as long as he had the motivation to match his physical, skills. We've come close, but haven't sealed the deal. We need one of these type guys to be playing with Nico.
Nico will be throwing to the best WR talent that he has ever been given the opportunity to play with, by far. That includes 7 on 7. People need to stop basing opinions solely on high school star ratings. Look at last years WR recruiting haul, and add Cam Seldon and Leacock (if you haven't seen his highlights or stats from this season, go do so) and you have some major threats. Next factor in our offense in general and how all these things fit together. Nico is used to being surrounded by extremely subpar talent and still winning. The talent and offense here should allow him to post video game numbers.

Reactions: sneakergawd
No high school kid is a sure-fire 1st round pick

Receiver Ratings Under Heupel:

Kaleb Webb - 4 star
Squirrel White - 4 star
Chas Nimrod - 4 star
Brody Foley got cut bc of scholarship reductions but he was a 4 star

Cameron Seldon - 4 star
Nathan Leacock - 4 star
Nate Spillman - 3 star
Ethan Davis - 4 star
Traylon Ray, who we lead for, is a 4 star

We are doing just fine at receiver/tight end

I like your post. You didn’t attack the OP and answered the question with factual information.
Go Vols and thanks for the info as I haven’t followed recruiting recently.

I like your post. You didn’t attack the OP and answered the question with factual information.
Go Vols and thanks for the info as I haven’t followed recruiting recently.
I mean nothing against the OP but its fairly easy to search "Tennessee Vols 2023 recruiting rankings/standings"...I mean our current class can easily be found at the very top "☆☆☆☆☆ 2023 Current Commits"...

It's the delivery that commands the responses "Ummm why we got all dem 3 star commits for"instead of "Hey guys i don't follow recruiting much but just wondering how we were looking with our current crop of wrs"?It's more the downplaying our current committed guys without any basic knowledge of information obviously.

Last edited:
I mean nothing against the OP but its fairly easy to search "Tennessee Vols 2023 recruiting rankings/standings"...I mean our current class can easily be found at the very top "☆☆☆☆☆ 2023 Current Commits"...

It's the delivery that commands the responses "Ummm why we got all dem 3 star commits for"instead of "Hey guys i don't follow recruiting much but just wondering how we were looking with our current crop of wrs"?It's more the downplaying our current committed guys without any basic knowledge of information obviously.
Typical FF drive by BS is all. Just like the 3* U comments when we get a commit. But not a peep out of them when they all get ratings bump because the services finally see their talent shine.

Won't be long till they start calling it the Vol bump instead of the Bama bump.

Decade of the vols is here!!

Reactions: TitanicVolz

VN Store

Back