WR/RB Recruiting

bpalmer28

We don’t have a top 100 WR or RB on the roster according to 247 recruiting rankings. Do we have a realistic chance to get one in this class?

See the athletes on offense at A&M, Arkansas, and Florida this past weekend made me realize how disadvantaged Heupel and our QBs are when compared to championship contenders.

We don’t have a top 100 WR or RB on the roster according to 247 recruiting rankings. Do we have a realistic chance to get one in this class?

See the athletes on offense at A&M, Arkansas, and Florida this past weekend made me realize how disadvantaged Heupel and our QBs are when compared to championship contenders.

Compared to championship contenders, we probably need top 100 at every position for 3 or 4 straight classes.

Compared to championship contenders, we probably need top 100 at every position for 3 or 4 straight classes.
You ain’t lying. Hopefully we can get at least 1 guy that defenses have to worry about though. How many times do you see those guys take a routine play and turn it into 6? It happens a lot. It seems like Heupel has to call a series of perfect plays to get 6 and even then our guys only execute 50% of the time

You ain’t lying. Hopefully we can get at least 1 guy that defenses have to worry about though. How many times do you see those guys take a routine play and turn it into 6? It happens a lot. It seems like Heupel has to call a series of perfect plays to get 6 and even then our guys only execute 50% of the time
You’re right, we gotta get more skilled playmakers. Our guys are giving their all but the execution just isn’t there yet. The tough part right now for heupel is trying to sell a program that is under hovering sanctions. If we improve as the season goes on and get this hovering NCAA crap out from over our heads, it’ll be much easier to recruit.

I'd think WR/RB's will see what's on tape and pull some talent in. In reality, w/ our numbers and depletions of roster b/c of exodus, it's not a stretch on both sides of the ball to see improvements and sell playing time (at this point in the season at least). Most importantly, if NCAA allows higher transfer portal additions because of our gutting last year, I'd expect you have some people coming there too. I'd say we need at least 6-6 to be able to sell this, and it starts this weekend....the next "most important game of the season to win".

Reactions: knox73
Heupel is going to "Sell" playing time to recruits. WR can see our WR running wide open and once the QB's start hitting them in the hands consistently the recruits will start pouring in.

VN Store

Back