'20 WR Miles Jones (UT TRANSFER)

Nebraska WR Miles Jones entering transfer portal - CollegeFootballTalk | NBC Sports

Jones has appeared in four games this season, and he made an appearance in one game last season. If Miles transfers to another FBS program, he will not be eligible to play for his new team until 2021 due to NCAA transfer rules that require a player to sit out a full season first. Miles would have two more seasons of eligibility beginning in 2021. He would be eligible to play immediately in 2020 if the transfer is to an FCS or lower-division program.

Visited TN, FSU and USCe. Chose the Vols. Will be eligible in 2020 (took his RS this past year).

From his visit to USCe

Jones, who was thought to be an important piece to Scott Frost’s first signing class, caught one pass for 21 yards and had a carry for five yards against Bethune-Cookman before undergoing season-ending shoulder surgery last season. After appearing in four games in 2019, Jones entered his name into the NCAA’s transfer portal.
South Carolina hosted him for an unofficial visit this past Saturday.

“I liked it a lot. I went there back in 10th grade and I liked it, so it was kind of just like a refresh, just seeing the new facilities, compared to what they were a couple of years ago when I went,” Jones said. “I like what the coaches had to say.”

Offensive coordinator Bryan McClendonand running backs coach Thomas Brownboth spoke with Jones about playing in a hybrid wide receiver/running back role. Jones played the Duck-R position at Nebraska, which mixes elements of the two positions.

I was able to just confirm that he is coming to Tennessee per his mom. Working on contact with him now, but just adds another level of speed to this WR corps.
What kind of speed we talking here? 4.6 40 on hudl, but that was a long time ago.

Jones joined the Huskers after lining up as an all-purpose back for American Heritage High School, which featured several of the top prospects in the 2018 recruiting class. American Heritage finished with a 14-0 record and a Class 5A state championship in 2017, the school’s fourth state title in five years. At American Heritage, Jones played under head coach Patrick Surtain, an 11-year NFL veteran and former All-Pro defensive back.

Jones was a key contributor in 2017, leading the Patriots in kickoff return yards (458), punt return yards (276) and all-purpose yards (1,830), while ranking second in both rushing yards (695) and receiving yards (401). On the ground, Jones averaged 11.4 yards per carry and scored 12 touchdowns while posting three 100-yard rushing efforts. As a receiver, Jones caught a team-high 29 passes and averaged 13.8 yards per reception while scoring a pair of touchdowns. Jones totaled 16 touchdowns as a senior, including a pair of kickoff returns for touchdowns.

Jones was listed as a four-star prospect by Rivals and a three-star recruit by ESPN and the 247Sports Composite rankings. Rivals ranked him as the 17th-best athlete prospect in the country, while 247Sports listed Jones among the nation’s top 50 athletes. He had offers from numerous Power Five programs, including Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi State, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
Miles Jones Bio

1578497210791.png

1578497595689.png

Visited TN, FSU and USCe. Chose the Vols. Will be eligible in 2020 (took his RS this past year).

From his visit to USCe

Jones, who was thought to be an important piece to Scott Frost’s first signing class, caught one pass for 21 yards and had a carry for five yards against Bethune-Cookman before undergoing season-ending shoulder surgery last season. After appearing in four games in 2019, Jones entered his name into the NCAA’s transfer portal.
South Carolina hosted him for an unofficial visit this past Saturday.

“I liked it a lot. I went there back in 10th grade and I liked it, so it was kind of just like a refresh, just seeing the new facilities, compared to what they were a couple of years ago when I went,” Jones said. “I like what the coaches had to say.”

Offensive coordinator Bryan McClendonand running backs coach Thomas Brownboth spoke with Jones about playing in a hybrid wide receiver/running back role. Jones played the Duck-R position at Nebraska, which mixes elements of the two positions.

according to the article he is not eligible till '21

What kind of speed we talking here? 4.6 40 on hudl, but that was a long time ago.
He’s not a Jimmy Holiday or Jalin Hyatt burner by any means. Looking at a 4.5 in-game speed guy. I know a lot of folks like 40 times but they are deceptive at times, in my opinion. Some guys just aren’t good at running them. For this offense, he is still faster than some of the receivers that Tennessee has.

He’s not a Jimmy Holiday or Jalin Hyatt burner by any means. Looking at a 4.5 in-game speed guy. I know a lot of folks like 40 times but they are deceptive at times, in my opinion. Some guys just aren’t good at running them. For this offense, he is still faster than some of the receivers that Tennessee has.
Yeah that 4.04 HS shuttle is fantastic

Reactions: 2xVol and bluetick2

VN Store

Back