WR Malachi Wideman no longer part of program

Jalin Hyatt, Velus Jones Jr, Cedric Tillman, JaVonta Payton, Ramel Keyton, Jimmy Calloway, Andison Coby is a really good WR room
Meh... mostly hype and little production. Hyatt is the only one with All-SEC potential, IMO.

That being said, I think WR is the least important position from a recruiting standpoint. There's just so many athletes out there. You can win at a high level with "average" 2- and 3-star guys.

Yeah. I actually thought he was the best WR prospect in the 2020 class. Was more excited about him than Hyatt. He seemed like an AJ Green type athlete.

So the best WR prospect in the 2020 class leaves TN and transfers to Jackson State. Lol. Yeah he is clearly an elite WR.

Reactions: HalfullVol
People who are predicting and sincerely believing that we win 8 or more are kidding themselves. Yeah, this particular guy or several others that transferred may not be all stars, but we've lost a LOT of depth and even some starters off a 3 win team to the portal. This is going to be quite a rebuild.
While the 2020 record was 3-7, that was not a 3 win team. I’m not sure what happened in the half time locker room against UGA but the team that came out was not the team that started that game. There was a lot of going through the motions by players and coaches from that point forward

I remember one career day, a plumber told us that if you could tolerate the grotesque nature of his chosen field, you could make all the money you wanted. I later saw where that guy lived, and it looked like he was dealing with it pretty well. I learned a lot about judging a profession.
Some of our welders make more than mid level executives with overtime. There are a lot of techs and mechanics in process plants that won’t put down their tools to enter management for the same reason

Meh... mostly hype and little production. Hyatt is the only one with All-SEC potential, IMO.

That being said, I think WR is the least important position from a recruiting standpoint. There's just so many athletes out there. You can win at a high level with "average" 2- and 3-star guys.
Hard to have production when you have had the qb play that we had last year. Marquez Calloway rookie season with the saints is a prime example of our inept passing game with JG. Also the lack of coaching probably hasn’t helped

I’ll let the guy sort out his own life. Maybe he didn’t get it done in the class room. Players have been “encouraged” to leave for such things. Maybe he was homesick. Who knows? Good luck to him and next man up.

I’ll let the guy sort out his own life. Maybe he didn’t get it done in the class room. Players have been “encouraged” to leave for such things. Maybe he was homesick. Who knows? Good luck to him and next man up.

Is there any left?:confused:

200w.gif

200w.gif

So the best WR prospect in the 2020 class leaves TN and transfers to Jackson State. Lol. Yeah he is clearly an elite WR.
You sound like an idiot. I was admitting that he didn’t live up to my expectations. Hence the past tense verbiage in my post. No reason to be a sarcastic prick.

Last edited:
Reactions: clarencepeabody
This is still the most surprising transfer to me. Thought Wideman would be really good. Maybe he still will be. Not sure the whole story here (academic issues?).

He's from about 40 miles from Prime's hometown, probably an extra allure in playing for him & a low risk high-reward for Prime and JSU.

VN Store

Back