WR Kenny O'Neal- 4 Star- 4.26 40

I cant see him leaving right now, but you never know who may offer him something

Chad Jackson was the 2nd WR taken in the draft last year and he didn't go until the second round. He had a solid season and ran a 4.3something. Maybe, the NFL isn't valuing WRs too highly right now. Why would you when you can get guys like Colston in the 7th round?

Last year wasn't a good year for wide receivers. Many more WRs will be selected with high picks this year. Colston was a rare find. It's unusual to find a guy that can be a major contributor in the latest rounds.

O'Neal could be another Anthony Miller for the Vols, who came out of Juco and was a first round draft choice in 1988 and played many years in the NFL.

I hope we get him. Probably would start next year.

Last year wasn't a good year for wide receivers. Many more WRs will be selected with high picks this year. Colston was a rare find. It's unusual to find a guy that can be a major contributor in the latest rounds.

Taking WR's high in the NFL draft is not a great move. You can good WR's later in the draft.

In terms of WR compared to other positions, I would not take one early. Look at Detroit.

Roy Williams is awesome. Mike Williams is crap. Blame the Lions GM for making some idiotic decisions. There were other good wide receivers available when he selected a player that had one good year at USC then sat around for a year.

Roy Williams is awesome. Mike Williams is crap. Blame the Lions GM for making some idiotic decisions. There were other good wide receivers available when he selected a player that had one good year at USC then sat around for a year.

The point being you don't build a top level NFL team taking WR's.

Who are their 1st round WR draftees, and how many chanpionships have they won since garnering these WR's?

I believe Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne were both first-rounders. They have won more games than pretty much anybody the last four years or so.

Also, check the Eagles. They have been close to big things, but their shortcoming is always the wide receivers. Ask McNabb how much he likes having a first rounder at wideout this season.

I believe Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne were both first-rounders. They have won more games than pretty much anybody the last four years or so.

Also, check the Eagles. They have been close to big things, but their shortcoming is always the wide receivers. Ask McNabb how much he likes having a first rounder at wideout this season.

Also, check the Steelers and Patriots, those teams were built with very average WR's.

Also, check the Steelers and Patriots, those teams were built with very average WR's.

I didn't realize Hines Ward was classified as average. I guess leading the leauge in receptions for multiple seasons is nothing of note. Also, notice how Brady and the Patriots' performance has dipped since they traded most of their top wideouts before this season.

I didn't realize Hines Ward was classified as average. I guess leading the leauge in receptions for multiple seasons is nothing of note. Also, notice how Brady and the Patriots' performance has dipped since they traded most of their top wideouts before this season.

Hines Ward was a what rounder? Patriots WR's that they won the SB's with were what rounders?

Hines Ward was a what rounder? Patriots WR's that they won the SB's with were what rounders?

You just said they were average, you didn't ask in what round they were selected. Also, Hines Ward played several positions in college. I think he was a QB for UGA more than he was a wideout. Thus, he wasn't a high draft pick. Besides, guess who the Steelers selected in the first round of the most recent draft. WR Santonio Holmes.

You just said they were average, you didn't ask in what round they were selected. Also, Hines Ward played several positions in college. I think he was a QB for UGA more than he was a wideout. Thus, he wasn't a high draft pick. Besides, guess who the Steelers selected in the first round of the most recent draft. WR Santonio Holmes.

That seems to be turning out well for them.

That seems to be turning out well for them.

Right. Is it Holmes' fault that another first-rounder, Ben Rothlesberger is insanely overrated and cannot perform when the team depends on him. Maybe you should start a new topic about taking QBs in the late rounds.

Right. Is it Holmes' fault that another first-rounder, Ben Rothlesberger is insanely overrated and cannot perform when the team depends on him. Maybe you should start a new topic about taking QBs in the late rounds.

Mr Fumble has his own issues to deal with regardless of the QB. The Steelers made a mistake drafting a WR in the 1st, uncharacteristic of them.

I believe he is still their 1st round pick at WR when he is returning punts.

You said that you could find good receivers in the lower rounds. Not good punt returners. If the Steelers were looking for a return man they would have taken Devin Hester. Try again.

You said that you could find good receivers in the lower rounds. Not good punt returners. If the Steelers were looking for a return man they would have taken Devin Hester. Try again.

Nothing about your post say it is wise to take WR's in the first round.

VN Store

Back