Wow, our FB program just got trashed by Ohio news article

Pretty sad that a national champion runner up has their eyes on a team far far in their rear view mirror.

What part of that article was false?
Billy Joe Bob rolls a '4' on a die.

Sunshine Pumper says, "wow, that's a 4! Nice job, Billy Joe Bob!"

Nega-Vol says, "man, you suck. Just a 4?"

Harry says, "stop being so negative, Nega-Vol."

Nega-Vol says, "what part of that was false?"

Moral of the story: you don't have to be wrong to suck. You can just suck.

[truth in advertising, I neither clicked on nor read that article, because I don't care what some writer in Ohio thinks ... just going off of what others here have said, it is apparent that article just sucked from a Vols perspective]

[truth in advertising, I neither clicked on nor read that article, because I don't care what some writer in Ohio thinks ... just going off of what others here have said, it is apparent that article just sucked from a Vols perspective]

I was thinking everyone can be right here. The dude's article sucks but he's probably at least some right too. But one can still think it sucks. I find myself agreeing with people at work all the time who I still think suck.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
They still made the only SEC team they have been able to beat was Arkansas.

It did suck but doesn't change the truth of it.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
giphy.gif

hehe, neither that quote nor her aged well.

To author of Article: This is what we read! Young talented assistant offered the Defensive Coordinator position at Univ. Of Tennessee, would be a huge promotion with big money! After realizing he would have to defend SEC teams, including Alabama, UGA, Florida every year after watching SEC teams make Ohio State their Bit@h every other year! He pissed himself curled into the fetal position and had his Mother call and say he could not come out and play. But if somewhere in the big 😂 10 the chance comes up he would go! Cuz then he could take the 10 -2 team to be throttled by an SEC 6-6 team in a bowl game.

LMAO!

I don't think they would A&M or Florida.
They would’ve beat both of those teams. They got really impacted by COVID and injuries going into the Bama game. And of course we know Bama was playing COVID infected players all season it’s funny that they were never effected at all by it.

It did suck but doesn't change the truth of it.
Right. And the potential truth of it doesn't change the article's negativity. Abingdon and Border were commenting on the negativity of the article, not its veracity. So not sure why you started arguing with them about truth.

Since we're on this point, might note that we see this surprisingly often in vn.com. They're independent variables, true-false and positive-negative. For some reason, folks sometimes get them all meshed together in their brains Most frequently, seems to happen with Nega-Vols defending themselves after people criticize their negativity. "But I didn't say anything that's untrue!" they complain. Maybe not. But that's not why you were being criticized, is it?

1613231249229.png

Reactions: alvinkamara
Right. And the potential truth of it doesn't change the article's negativity. Abingdon and Border were commenting on the negativity of the article, not its veracity. So not sure why you started arguing with them about truth.

Since we're on this point, might note that we see this surprisingly often in vn.com. They're independent variables, true-false and positive-negative. For some reason, folks sometimes get them all meshed together in their brains Most frequently, seems to happen with Nega-Vols defending themselves after people criticize their negativity. "But I didn't say anything that's untrue!" they complain. Maybe not. But that's not why you were being criticized, is it?

View attachment 351234
thanks for the breakdown, 82........I know I'm right dam* near all the time, but my tirades against the Nega-Vols suck. I
am going to work hard on having a kinder, gentler machine-gun hand. (apologies to Neil Young).

First, I'm not a nega Vol just perhaps not a blind sheep such as yourself. Go actually read the article before you attempt to push a narrative about me. By your own admission you didn't even read the article so why don't you do that before you decide to give your two cents?
The article itself is not the point, my friend.......He is giving you a lesson in understanding human nature if you have eyes to see it.......don't get so dam* defensive that you miss what he is saying......go a bit below the surface, look at his little graph and try to mine a little truth and understanding from it.....be well, my friend.

First, I'm not a nega Vol just perhaps not a blind sheep such as yourself. Go actually read the article before you attempt to push a narrative about me. By your own admission you didn't even read the article so why don't you do that before you decide to give your two cents?
The article was all about puffing up OSU by trashing an iconic SEC program. Granted, there is some truth in the article, but the article is more so an expose of the widespread Big 10 inferiority complex.

Who cares, Washington's loss. The man passed up a big pay day and a chance to show his defensive chops. DC positions do not come around often. This was a win win for him, because no matter how bad UT is this position could have potentially improved his resume and financial earnings. Not a hard bar to improve the 65th ranked defense. Honestly, I feel this was a blessing. Playing less games, OSU defense was ranked 59th in the NCAA. Granted he wasn't the DC but still a prominent position coach whose players are responsible for defense alignment. I think most are enamored with his attachment to OSU and recruiting prowess. We need legit coaches before recruiters, jmo.

Reactions: alvinkamara

VN Store

Back