Wow @ Gruden...another debacle had we hired him [update: Gruden resigns]

He didn’t even say anything racist making fun of someone doesn’t equate racism. Stupid thing to say. Especially in writing. But we all say and do bad things. Joe Mixon breaks a woman’s jaw a few years ago but is in the league, Jamies Winston has committed at least one sexual assault yet still in the league. What happened to Gruden is a product of virtue signaling and hypocrisy more than anything
I think he could have weathered the " racial" comment.
But he called out the gays. That's a nail in the coffin these days. Ridiculous, but that's what got him.

Reactions: Sara Clark
He didn’t even say anything racist making fun of someone doesn’t equate racism. Stupid thing to say. Especially in writing. But we all say and do bad things. Joe Mixon breaks a woman’s jaw a few years ago but is in the league, Jamies Winston has committed at least one sexual assault yet still in the league. What happened to Gruden is a product of virtue signaling and hypocrisy more than anything
Didn;t he make a comment about the size of a black man's lips? That's either racist as **** or so tone deaf you shouldn't be let out in public.

Nah. It's just racist as ****.

Reactions: YorkVol
This. It’s not a woke issue, its a human decency issue, which is the thing Gruden lacks

I agree that it's not a woke issue. But it may very well be an example of selective punishment. Unless you think Gruden is the only coach in the NFL guilty of this kind of thing.

I agree that it's not a woke issue. But it may very well be an example of selective punishment. Unless you think Gruden is the only coach in the NFL guilty of this kind of thing.
Don't
Send
In
Email.

Hint for all the onlookers. A good rule of thumb is treat every email as though everyone in the world could eventually see it.

He's obviously pissed off the wrong person and they've gone on a witch hunt to dig up these things. I mean it's not like these were new emails. People saw them before and moved on. Not today.

He's obviously pissed off the wrong person and they've gone on a witch hunt to dig up these things. I mean it's not like these were new emails. People saw them before and moved on. Not today.
Nope. These were uncovered in an investigation into the Washington football team. No one was searching for info on Gruden

Nope. These were uncovered in an investigation into the Washington football team. No one was searching for info on Gruden
Got it. So the NFL covered this up, or ignored it so Gruden is out.
Will we see others who neglected to address this at the time be cancelled as well. Some of these were to the commissioner, will he be stepping down?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Got it. So the NFL covered this up, or ignored it so Gruden is out.
Will we see others who neglected to address this at the time be cancelled as well. Some of these were to the commissioner, will he be stepping down?
I think there are like 650,000 of them. You've jumped to some conclusions there. I think the discovery was fairly recent, but not sure. I am sure others will be coming out as they sift through them.

I do have a very significant problem with the NFL not releasing the results of their investigation into Washington. It’s ********
I can just about guarantee Dan would have to sell the team (which I’m 1000% for)

Reactions: zjcvols
Good luck trying to get players to come play for a coach that is deemed a racist. See the sh-tshow effort the Raiders put out on Sunday as Exhibit 1.....

Being deemed a RACIST is basically without meaning these days. It's the dirty word applied to anyone whose politics and opinions don't line up with a small % of radicals. It's how certain factions in our nation fuel their goals these days. They have literally ZERO interest in seeing true racism disappear. If it happened, it would starve them.

VN Store

Back