Wow @ Gruden...another debacle had we hired him [update: Gruden resigns]

First openly gay player.

And the point is that he was a mediocre talent that was late round draft pick at best. So it's pretty plausible that Goodell pressured a team to draft Sam rather than take the PR hit that they spurned the first openly gay player.
Meh, I get it but it's the Kap situation for me. PR matters but playing matters more.

We just saw that with Tebow at Jax. Don't waste a pre-season spot just for PR.

If Goodell stuck his nose in, and he may have, he wasn't really thinking it through.

LOL. And this is when you know you have lost the argument.

Everyone IS held to the same standards. That's why we have HR departments. Maybe you've never worked in a position that you've had to deal with this. But I promise you, people are fired or reprimanded everyday for inappropriate behavior in the workplace.

And small-minded in rich coming from someone defending what Gruden did.

I guess I shouldn't have bothered arguing with you. My father always told me to never argue with stupid people. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I won the argument long ago. No ody has been able to refute the o vious points I made. This is a week, arm flailing attempt to crawl back from an indefensible position. This is t about Gruden as much as it is about the absurdity of cancel culture and it's impossible standards.

Even if you refuse to accept the L, I gave you one anyways.

I’m guessing everyone here would face similar consequences on the job if they were dumb enough to put everything Gruden said in writing, on an employer’s email server, where it could be subject to discovery in the event of an internal or external investigation.

But sure, Gruden is the victim here. 😂

Last edited:
I’m guessing everyone here would face similar consequences on the job if they were dumb enough to put everything Gruden said in writing, on an employer’s email server.

The fact that he is dumb enough to email his racist/homophobic "jokes" to official NFL email addresses should be grounds for firing.

Beaver was right all along. I knew the Raider Job was a Smokescreen.

SOON!!!!

Last edited:
I’m guessing everyone here would face similar consequences on the job if they were dumb enough to put everything Gruden said in writing, on an employer’s email server, where it could be subject to discovery in the event of an internal or external investigation.

I've ruminated on this a bit and have to agree...the content I'm seeing in some of these emails, on work servers, would likely lead to termination from that company for most anyone once discovered.

Now this topless cheerleader thing though. If there is truth to the whole "forced" part I would think we're looking into the possibility of criminal action. (though how complicit Gruden himself would be in that I can't say)

I do agree with this. A lot of people have known about this for awhile and haven't said a word. It isn't like Gruden holds power over most of these people. So clearly, someone has an axe to grind. That doesn't absolve Gruden, but you also have to question the motives behind releasing this information now.
Actually no, the Raiders haven't known about it. Gruden wrote all these emails from his personal email account

Reactions: Carp
I've ruminated on this a bit and have to agree...the content I'm seeing in some of these emails, on work servers, would likely lead to termination from that company for most anyone once discovered.

Now this topless cheerleader thing though. If there is truth to the whole "forced" part I would think we're looking into the possibility of criminal action. (though how complicit Gruden himself would be in that I can't say)
It was from his personal email account

The fact that he is dumb enough to email his racist/homophobic "jokes" to official NFL email addresses should be grounds for firing.
That's the thing. If I'm an owner, there's no way I'm handing somebody with judgement like that the keys to my franchise. Nobody wins enough to overcome that kind of PR.

Was it not to someone on an NFL server? I could be wrong in my understanding of this but it had been mentioned repeatedly. Even if I used my personal account to email someone at work that still brings the workplace into play.
Yes, that is correct

The emails were discovered because the front office for Washington is under investigation by the NFL for their workplace environment. Since the emails were sent on the official work email between Gruden and Washington president Allen, they were stored in the work server.

League investigators would be combing through Allen’s emails, which even if deleted are stored on the system. There is no conspiracy to this.

I hate it because I’ve always liked Gruden, but there is no excusing it and it’s his fault to be so dumb about it.

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: perico
I won the argument long ago. No ody has been able to refute the o vious points I made. This is a week, arm flailing attempt to crawl back from an indefensible position. This is t about Gruden as much as it is about the absurdity of cancel culture and it's impossible standards.

Even if you refuse to accept the L, I gave you one anyways.

LOL. Wow internet tough guys who can't spell trying to act smarter than everyone else. Gotta love em.

Have fun in La La land.

He's not getting a job anywhere

Yup. No one will touch him with a 10 ft pole at this point. Maybe when Hugh leaves, Liberty will be willing to give him a second chance. I doubt it though. I don't see minority families willing to let their kids play for him. He'll do some low profile consulting work in a year or two when things blow over. But he's done as a coach anywhere.

Pointing out grammatical errors in another's argument while not addressing the points made is indicative of a losing position. Like a said, weak arm flailing. Again, your L, sir.

Yup. No one will touch him with a 10 ft pole at this point. Maybe when Hugh leaves, Liberty will be willing to give him a second chance. I doubt it though. I don't see minority families willing to let their kids play for him. He'll do some low profile consulting work in a year or two when things blow over. But he's done as a coach anywhere.
He won't be around the game. Ever. Again.

Pointing out grammatical errors in another's argument while not addressing the points made is indicative of a losing position. Like a said, weak arm flailing. Again, your L, sir.

You didn't make any points. You just flamed away in an incoherent post. There is no weak flailing of any kind.

You are ok with not only someone making homophobic, racist, and sexist remarks but also sending them to colleagues. That's all that needs to be said about your character. Have a nice day.

You didn't make any points. You just flamed away in an incoherent post. There is no weak flailing of any kind.

You are ok with not only someone making homophobic, racist, and sexist remarks but also sending them to colleagues. That's all that needs to be said about your character. Have a nice day.

You're too disingenuous to have an adult discussion with.

More from the Times article: "In numerous emails during a seven-year period ending in early 2018, Gruden criticized Goodell and the league for trying to REDUCE CONCUSSIONS."

Reactions: TrueOrange

VN Store

Back