Wow @ Gruden...another debacle had we hired him [update: Gruden resigns]

It's so easy to make up fake emails and write some stuff. Cancel culture wins again.

1. These weren't made up as you're implying

2. Lazy to blame this on "cancel culture". This was all Jon Gruden.

It's NOT hard to refrain from racist, sexist, or homophobic comments, unless of course...

1. These weren't made up as you're implying

2. Lazy to blame this on "cancel culture". This was all Jon Gruden.

It's NOT hard to refrain from racist, sexist, or homophobic comments, unless of course...

I wonder if all these people who blame everything on "cancel culture" have issues with "consequence culture." Talking political heads in this country have largely ruined all meaningful dialogue.

I wonder if we can get Gruden? His wife was a cheerleader and he was a grad assistant here, and the land thing.

It was unprofessional, but have him take a class on why it’s not ok and move on. All this cancel culture stuff is ridiculous.
He was hardly a neophyte in 2011. It takes nothing but a tiny sliver of class and professionalism not to send multiple offensive emails to multiple people.

Sure, sit his ass in timeout..... which is essentially what is happening with this...... and there's not a damn thing wrong with that outcome.

Let's be thankful we did not end up hiring coach Gruden several years ago, otherwise we would be in another mess now

If Gruden was at UT, I highly doubt any of this would be coming up.

The NFL leaked the emails to get Gruden away from the league.

If he's in no way connected to the league and coaching in college, no need for the NFL to leak the emails. A simple message that "hey, we have the emails and if you ever attempt to coach or broadcast in the league again they will be released" would have kept Gruden away forever.

It was unprofessional, but have him take a class on why it’s not ok and move on. All this cancel culture stuff is ridiculous.

This has nothing to do with cancel culture. This is behavior of low class behavior. There are 32 NFL head coaching jobs. He doesn’t deserve one.

Man it’s such a blessing in disguise. We should’ve been able to recognize based off the way he handled things regarding Tennessee what kinda of a classless price of garbage he truly is. He made a number of comments indicating he’d have an interest in the Tennessee job once he was linked to it. It eventually became obvious he was using the attention he was getting simply to build his profile. It would have been so easy for him to put out a class in his statement saying while he is flattered and the attention from Tennessee fans… He has no interest in returning to coaching at this time. But obviously, that’s not what he did. What a freaking dirt bag to use the University in that way. At the time, he had a kid attending the University. And we all know he began his college career and met his wife here. Just a classless dirtbag move. But to OP’s point… Yes what an unbelievable blessing in disguise it turned out to be

Who here has watched the new Dave Chapelle special? I just saw it Saturday. He had a LOT to say about society's tolerance of affronts to the African-American community vs. the LGBTQ community.

Watching this play out for Gruden makes me think he's not wrong. We think Gruden can "survive" the racial slurs, but not the gay slurs. Fascinating, right after hearing Chappelle.

Dave Chapelle works for Dave Chappelle. If Netflix wants to pay for his content, that’s their business plan. Jon Gruden worked for the Las Vegas Raiders Organization and was the face of that organization. That organization is a part of the NFL, so they have every right to force him out if they feel this damages their brand.

I could personally care less what Chapelle said. However, the NFL would undoubtedly care that Gruden was talking about pressuring coaches to draft gay players (only referring to them as “f”). That looks bad on the Raiders and the league.

Did Goodell really pressure Fisher?
Isn't that Gruden's BS to prove? No one is going to come to his defense and confirm that now.

For the record, the commissioner should stay out of that stuff and I don't care WHAT players do on their free time as long as they aren't beating the crap out of whomever they're sleeping with, dealing drugs, or murdering someone.

Reactions: De La Cloobs
People are too soft these days. The fact he called Goodell an anti football pussy is hilarious to me.

If we combed through every football player's emails and texts, not a single man would be left standing. Every team would be rendered a wasteland for saying something slightly offensive. Every team would be forced to resort to hiring and drafting choir boys.

Isn't that Gruden's BS to prove? No one is going to come to his defense and confirm that now.

For the record, the commissioner should stay out of that stuff and I don't care WHAT players do on their free time as long as they aren't beating the crap out of whomever they're sleeping with, dealing drugs, or murdering someone.

Yes, he for sure pressured Fisher to draft/hire him. All about optics. Family member worked and coached with Fisher at the time, this in fact happened.

VN Store

Back