Wow...great Recruits By Pearl...

Let's see he beat two of your better teams in this conference with no better than 2 star recruits and a 6'5" center. I know that UT is supposed to be a great university and I am not doubting that, but guys/gals UT Basketball would not have won the Horizon league that Pearl coached in last year, let alone compete in what I feel is a mediocre SEC league. Time, Time, and more time is needed to get this thing turned around. Plus, 1 player regardless if it was the dope selling Gordon, Tyler Smith or Lord Jesus Christ himself would not have positioned this team to be a dominant force next year.

pretty sure if we had jesus..we wouldnt lose a game.

but anyway..I think that things are gonna be good next year..We'll beat alot of people that they say we couldnt.

I know I am excited for the first time in a long while.

Yeah I am pretty sure that if we had jesus that we would be making 360 dunks from half court.

Just found a few more interesting quotes from another posting where morons had compared Urban Meyer to Pearl...

"There is not doubt that Meyer was a superior coach in the Moutain West. He was far better than any other coach in the conference, but he is in the SEC now. The coaching field is level now. There is a big difference in playing against defensive coordinators in the MWC and the SEC...."

I think the same applies to Brucie....yeah he was superior in the Horizon League but humm I think coaching at SEC level will be a little different...but all I hear is what a great coach he is and how it will translate but yet for Urban it wont...

"Meyer is now in a league full of superior coaches and is not the lone superior coach.

University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
86 wins in four seasons
2005 Horizon League Champions
2005 NCAA Tournament - Advanced to Sweet 16
2004 Horizon League Regular Season Champions
2004 NIT Participant
2003 Horizon League Champions
2003 NCAA Tournament
Three-time Horizon League Coach of the Year
Southern Indiana
231 wins in nine seasons
1995 NCAA Division II National Champion
1994 NCAA Division II National Runners-Up
Six NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 appearances
Four Great Lakes Valley Championships
Ranked #1 nationally six different times
Nine consecutive 20-win seasons
Nine consecutive NCAA appearances
Division I Assistant Coach
NCAA Sweet 16 and Elite Eight as assistant coach at the University of Iowa
NCAA Sweet 16 and Elite Eight as assistant coach at Boston College
Named one of the top assistants in the country by Basketball Weekly in 1988
Coached for 14 seasons alongside Dr. Tom Davis
Coached numerous future NBA players, including B.J. Armstrong, Brad Lohaus, Kevin Gamble, Acie Earl and Matt Bullard
Honors and Awards
Third winningest coach currently in Division I
Fastest coach to 200 wins at one school
Named one of 10 finalists for the 2005 Jim Phelan National Coach of the Year Award
2003, 2004 and 2005 Horizon League Coach of the Year
2000 NABC Great Lakes Coach of the Year
Named one of five "Head Coaches On The Rise" by Sport Magazine in 1999
1995 NABC Coach of the Year
1995 NABC Great Lakes Coach of the Year"

231 wins at a Division II level.........

Wow...and coached great NBA players suchs as Matt Bullard and Brad Lohaus, thats great!!!!!!!!!!!

1999 Head Coaches on the Rise..only took 5 years to make that rise...I think Mr Peterson was also on that list if I am not mistaken...

Thanks for the info...HA HA...HA...

NCVOLFAN- WOW Great post (not)
Basketball and football are different sports why since you have nothing else to go on do you want to compare them. You can't compare apples and oranges. Do us a favor and learn what your talking about before you run your mouth.

If you want to compare let's do it
1. Meyer has been a head coach all of 4 years
2. Pearl has been a head coach 13 years, BIG DIFFERENCE
3. Meyers coaches football
4. Pearl coaches basketball, BIG DIFFERENCE

Now why don't get off your lazy can and research Pearl's coaching career before you continually slander him and UT basketball. I've had about enough of your half-truths and failure to know what your talking about. If the rest want to continue to answer your BILE they can as for me I through with someone too lazy to even know the facts before they post!

I really hope you, Buzz and Benson enjoy each other. Go back and root for the Tar Heels.

Originally posted by Vol67@May 13, 2005 12:10 AM
Childress will.
[snapback]93311[/snapback]​

That is a great point. If he never does anything in a game, Childress will toughen up the soft (oh so coveted) "big time prospect" Major Wingate. Who guards your players day in and day out at practice makes a lot more difference than most people think.

Originally posted by Vol67@May 15, 2005 10:00 PM
NCVOLFAN- WOW Great post (not)
Basketball and football are different sports why since you have nothing else to go on do you want to compare them. You can't compare apples and oranges. Do us a favor and learn what your talking about before you run your mouth.

If you want to compare let's do it
1. Meyer has been a head coach all of 4 years
2. Pearl has been a head coach 13 years, BIG DIFFERENCE
3. Meyers coaches football
4. Pearl coaches basketball, BIG DIFFERENCE
Now why don't get off your lazy can and research Pearl's coaching career before you continually slander him and UT basketball. I've had about enough of your half-truths and failure to know what your talking about. If the rest want to continue to answer your BILE they can as for me I through with someone too lazy to even know the facts before they post!

I really hope you, Buzz and Benson enjoy each other. Go back and root for the Tar Heels.
[snapback]94438[/snapback]​

First - I think I have his illustrious coaching career captured in my post ...

Two..yes I know the difference between football and basketball
As I said, the post(which I only copied, the info comparison was not mine) some other homer took this initiative in case you cant read it was downplaying Meyer by saying he was coaching in an inferior league compared to the SEC...where I stand, I think the Horizon League is equal to the SEC...NOT.....BE IT FOOTBALL OR BASKETBALL THE COMPARISON OF LEAGUES STANDS

Three..as for his 13 years of head coaching experience when the majority of it is at Division II..BIG DIFFERENCE number 1...

Four- I am not slandering UT Basketball, only their quick choice in coaches...he may prove me wrong and if so, I will take my lumps and admit my error but I just dont see it. He does not impress me as "Big Time" coach that has that WOW factor...

Five - to further illiustrate my understanding of football and basketball, football is played with 22 players(11 on offense and 11 on defense) and yes I know there are special teams....you dont need 5 star players everywhere..in basketball there are only 5 starters and if all are sub 2 star players we compete to get from UWM, then go ahead big boy and place them on the court against KY, FL, LSU, etc and see how many games you win...Bruce can be the God of coaching but without talent you get nowhere....(once again before you chime off about the short time span he has had to recruit, I give you that one but when every posts thinks Childress will be awesome give me a break)...

VN Store

Back