Would you want Bruce Pearl back? [Pearl discussion — merged]

You also missed that Pearl won 83% at the DII level while Barnes' is all DI. Pearl at DI is just .668. If Pearl has a couple more 18-14 type years, his % drops dramatically.
And, you know, I fully expect those wins count for something. They say "that guy's really good." But it's sort of like looking at Ichiro Suzuki or Shohei Ohtani's stats while they were still playing baseball in Japan.

You also missed that Pearl won 83% at the DII level while Barnes' is all DI. Pearl at DI is just .668. If Pearl has a couple more 18-14 type years, his % drops dramatically.
Your right, I also forgot to mention that Pearl has a national championship, how many does Barnes have?

Your right, I also forgot to mention that Pearl has a national championship, how many does Barnes have?
I'm sure if Barnes coached DII he would've had one. But go ahead and keep thinking DII is on the same level as DI. That's like saying a player winning the league at AAA level in baseball is as good as winning the World Series. But we get it. Pearl is Jesus of basketball to you.

I'm sure if Barnes coached DII he would've had one. But go ahead and keep thinking DII is on the same level as DI. That's like saying a player winning the league at AAA level in baseball is as good as winning the World Series. But we get it. Pearl is Jesus of basketball to you.
He gets the dunce cap.

Some of you seriously need to move on from Bruce Pearl. Yeah, he gave us some great memories, but aside from the one Elite Eight run, Barnes has accomplished everything Pearl ever did here. Don't let fond memories cause you to miss out on the success we're currently having.
Success?

Was it the 30 point tournament loss? Or the 31-5 team that lost by 19 in the sweet 16? Or the fact he got suspended for lying to the NCAA? Or was it the 2 seed that lost to the 7 seed in round 2?
You know, you're right. I may have enjoyed the style of play and how this team was a nobody and came to become good, even get to #1, but you're right I guess it was more fun under Buzz or Martin.
I had some of the most fun with an ex. Doesn't mean I want her back after she cheated on me. Some of you just need to learn to move on.
Who says I haven't moved on? The OP said to forget it even happened, and since that's the 1st time I personally got to see Tenn as a good team, and they were fun to watch, I said "no."
Geesh what is wrong with you people?

Pearl is on the Louisville coaching search list.

He would do well there they are prone to accept low academics and they have been sleazy for years. It's more of a Basketball school than a Football school and they embrace cheating and protect you. I've heard he wants it bad they are close to being a Blue Blood. If 50 years of top BB is the definition as some say. Not there but there are just a few bluebloods, UNC, UK, Indiana, UCLA, Duke, and Kansas. Off top of my head.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Screw this low class MFer, called us a women's basketball school.

“J Will, I was at a basketball school,” Pearl said. “I was at Tennessee. It was a women’s basketball school but it was a basketball school. Listen, when you win, folks are worried you’re going to leave and when you’re losing, they’re packing your bags.”

Auburn basketball coach Bruce Pearl responds to Louisville coaching rumors

We're a football school, always will be.

Screw this low class MFer, called us a women's basketball school.

“J Will, I was at a basketball school,” Pearl said. “I was at Tennessee. It was a women’s basketball school but it was a basketball school. Listen, when you win, folks are worried you’re going to leave and when you’re losing, they’re packing your bags.”

Auburn basketball coach Bruce Pearl responds to Louisville coaching rumors
Well he isn't wrong. Black out curtains were the norm when he got on campus.

When Barnes retires (etc), is Bruce in play to come back to Knoxville?

Simple question. Call off the firing squad.

VN Store

Back