Would you take Scott Frost now?

To be fair, Norvell needs time. But, I am encouraged by his current results

In frost’s case, I think he would tell you (but not tell Nebraska alumni) that it was easier bringing top talent to UCF than it is Nebraska.

I think that’s his issue.

So, I think it’s quite possible he’d be doing a lot better at Tennessee

He is like 10-19 at Nebraska, but he only has 3 blowout losses (of 20 points or more).

Just because of his overall person (high school through coaching) and his winning, I figured he would be a good one.

I certainly wouldn’t take him right now, and if Tennessee had him I would want him fired (if he had like results as Nebraska).

I get the OP's point. And Mike Norvell shouldn't be on your list.

Look, it is, has been, and always will remain true that coaching hires are about FIT. Fit includes experience, personality, leadership style, specific knowledge, demeanor, work ethic, attitude, and a lot more. It's a huge formula that is often not taken seriously by egghead administrators.

Last edited:

Look, it is, has been, and always will remain true that coaching hires are about FIT. Fit includes experience, personality, leadership style, specific knowledge, demeanor, work ethic, attitude, and a lot more. It's a huge formula that is often not taken seriously be egghead administrators.

Boom..........this. You know who would be a great fit here? Who has SEC experience that would fit and from what I can tell as an arm chair coach would fit the personality of these 18 to 20-something year old players with all the things listed above?............I'm leaning Freeze. Just watching his teams (both at Ole Miss and the youtube replays of Liberty) all his players have fire and just look like they enjoy the game and love playing for him. But I agree.........fitting certain situations is a must.

Look, it is, has been, and always will remain true that coaching hires are about FIT. Fit includes experience, personality, leadership style, specific knowledge, demeanor, work ethic, attitude, and a lot more. It's a huge formula that is often not taken seriously be egghead administrators.
And even if you get the proper fit, it isn't any kind of a guarantee of success.

I don't think anybody would argue that Frost is a great fit at Nebraska, but he's still having all kinds of trouble turning them around.

Reactions: Bret178
Herman can't get it done. Let IST beat them at Home; IST has the better Coach by far. IF you can't win at Texas; you ain't got it. Talent all around you. Pick & choose.
Texas is not as easy of a recruiting job as people think it is. It's easier than Tennessee, but it isn't as easy at a place like Georgia or LSU. There is a tremendous amount of in and out of state competition for all that talent in Texas.

Yes I would take Norvell or Frost over Pruitt; probably Herman as well. Pruitt brings absolutely nothing to the table as a head coach. Our defense has its moments but it isn't dominant by any stretch and our offense is dreadful. What exactly does he offer as a head coach?

Texas is not as easy of a recruiting job as people think it is. It's easier than Tennessee, but it isn't as easy at a place like Georgia or LSU. There is a tremendous amount of in and out of state competition for all that talent in Texas.

I beg to differ. Most Texas Boys Grow up either Txs or A&M fans. The problem is either Evaluation or Development. They have the CASH .

VN Store

Back