Would you take David Cutcliffe?

Cutcliff couldn't win with Manning.

First of all, It is Cutcliffe! Secondly, he won a ton with two Manning's already!!! It wasn't Cut's fault UT didn't have the OL at UT he needed to have to be able to RUN to set up a lethal passing game! All the years everyone said Peyton couldn't beat FL was when the winner of the game had more yards rushing. That was on Fulmer's lack of recruiting stud OLs like he did a lot of the time and 3rd and Chavis not being able to get UT's D off the field on 3rd down!!! Maybe you should do some research and have some knowledge before spouting off about things where you have very little knowledge!!!!!

If it meant that we landed Arch Manning? What about just in general?
Personally, I think he is past his prime, but the amount of kids that would likely commit to play with Arch Manning makes me think it would be worth it to me
thoughts?

giphy.gif

I'm ready to start winning and cheating.

I agree. I was simply stating Cut proved as much as Freeze at Ole Miss without cheating. Most on this board would love to have Freeze. So, I don't understand a poster who questions people on here for loving some Cut. After all, he was the main reason UT won the Natty, NOT FULMER!!! It was proven when Cut came back to save Fulmer for a few years before going to Duke!!!!!

I agree. I was simply stating Cut proved as much as Freeze at Ole Miss without cheating. Most on this board would love to have Freeze. So, I don't understand a poster who questions people on here for loving some Cut. After all, he was the main reason UT won the Natty, NOT FULMER!!! It was proven when Cut came back to save Fulmer for a few years before going to Duke!!!!!

I like Cutcliffe, did years ago, and still do.

However he is much older than Freeze.
Freeze is on an incline, while Cutcliffe is on the decline.

Freeze has improved all three teams he has been the head coach at....from year 1 by a good bit. He also has proven he can beat top teams.....and still do it.

Freeze gave Mississippi their best 3 year stretch in over 50 years.......including Cutcliffe’s tenure.

Love Cutcliffe, but his time has passed. Freeze’s time is coming, not ending.

I wanted Cutcliffe after Jones was fired but he turned down the job. Pruitt needs one more year at least.

First of all, It is Cutcliffe! Secondly, he won a ton with two Manning's already!!! It wasn't Cut's fault UT didn't have the OL at UT he needed to have to be able to RUN to set up a lethal passing game! All the years everyone said Peyton couldn't beat FL was when the winner of the game had more yards rushing. That was on Fulmer's lack of recruiting stud OLs like he did a lot of the time and 3rd and Chavis not being able to get UT's D off the field on 3rd down!!! Maybe you should do some research and have some knowledge before spouting off about things where you have very little knowledge!!!!!
Look at that great record ay Duke you stupid jerk. He really has turned out championships.

Personally, I think he is past his prime, but the amount of kids that would likely commit to play with Arch Manning makes me think it would be worth it to me
thoughts?
What were they 1 - 9 this year ? and he is actually a worse recruiter than Pruitt so ....... I am going to have to go with a Hell to the No. Would bring him in after Duke fires him ..... as a qb
coach if it meant that we could potentially get Arch.

Yeah, But, most people on this board want Hugh Freeze. LOL They both won 60% of the games coached while at Ole Miss. Cut is MUCH MORE ETHICAL and WON WITHOUT CHEATING!!!!
Thanks for weighing in Phillip - who seems to be able to recruit and run a dynamic college football offense in this decade ? Is it Cut - ummmmmmmm - not so much.

thoughts?
No, Cutcliffe is too old and while Manning may be promising nothing is guaranteed how good he will be. You don’t hire or keep a current coach because of a player or two.

Thanks for weighing in Phillip - who seems to be able to recruit and run a dynamic college football offense in this decade ? Is it Cut - ummmmmmmm - not so much.

You are clueless! He is at Duke where you have to be in the top 1% in GPA coming out of high school as well as top 1% in ACT/SAT score!!!

COLLEGES
Data show Duke is ACC's best in academics, athletics
Posted January 13, 2016 11:06 a.m. EST
Updated June 12, 2017 3:08 p.m. EDT

College athletics have long been a uniting force among a school's alumni and supporters. Thanks to the existence of athletic conferences, regional rivalries have raged on for decades and added a (usually) healthy dose of competitive spirit to athletic contests.
While the battles on the fields of play garner most of the attention, the competition between college rivals knows no bounds. Schools want to gain an edge in just about every endeavor, including what should be the most important aspect of any university: academic achievement.
With this in mind, StartClass looked at the 15 universities of the ACC (including Notre Dame), considering financial affordability, career readiness, admissions selectivity, expert opinion and academic excellence data gathered by the National Center of Education Statistics.

Smart Rating: 97
Average SAT score: 2185
Average ACT score: 32
In a neck-and-neck fight for the top spot, Duke has the slight edge over its conference rivals as the ACC's best academic institution. The school has the lowest acceptance rate (13.4 percent) in the conference and the highest average SAT score (2185).
The Blue Devils are best known athletically for their men's basketball program, which has five national championships, most recently in 2015.

Look at that great record ay Duke you stupid jerk. He really has turned out championships.

GTH AH!!! You are clueless!!!!! It isn't the same playing field when a coach has to try to get ELITE PLAYERS with ELITE ACADEMICS!!!

COLLEGES

College athletics have long been a uniting force among a school's alumni and supporters. Thanks to the existence of athletic conferences, regional rivalries have raged on for decades and added a (usually) healthy dose of competitive spirit to athletic contests.
While the battles on the fields of play garner most of the attention, the competition between college rivals knows no bounds. Schools want to gain an edge in just about every endeavor, including what should be the most important aspect of any university: academic achievement.
With this in mind, StartClass looked at the 15 universities of the ACC (including Notre Dame), considering financial affordability, career readiness, admissions selectivity, expert opinion and academic excellence data gathered by the National Center of Education Statistics.

#1. Duke University

In a neck-and-neck fight for the top spot, Duke has the slight edge over its conference rivals as the ACC's best academic institution. The school has the lowest acceptance rate (13.4 percent) in the conference and the highest average SAT score (2185).
The Blue Devils are best known athletically for their men's basketball program, which has five national championships, most recently in 2015.

I like Cutcliffe, did years ago, and still do.

However he is much older than Freeze.
Freeze is on an incline, while Cutcliffe is on the decline.

Freeze has improved all three teams he has been the head coach at....from year 1 by a good bit. He also has proven he can beat top teams.....and still do it.

Freeze gave Mississippi their best 3 year stretch in over 50 years.......including Cutcliffe’s tenure.

Love Cutcliffe, but his time has passed. Freeze’s time is coming, not ending.

Good post!

Reactions: JoAllan
thoughts?

Let me think about this.......

1 msec later;

NO!

GTH AH!!! You are clueless!!!!! It isn't the same playing field when a coach has to try to get ELITE PLAYERS with ELITE ACADEMICS!!!

COLLEGES

#1. Duke University

WE are not talking basketball and academics. If we were talking academics, you couldn't be in the conversation .

R``eaUOTE="89 VOLS grad, post: 19235614, member: 80796"]This article includes all sports. You need to learn to read![/QUOTE]

VN Store

Back