Would you take David Cutcliffe?

peyton4heisman

Senior Lurker New Member
If it meant that we landed Arch Manning? What about just in general?
Personally, I think he is past his prime, but the amount of kids that would likely commit to play with Arch Manning makes me think it would be worth it to me
thoughts?

I think we are interested in him coming back about as much as he is interested in coming back.

Reactions: BreatheUT
giphy.gif

Personally, I think he is past his prime, but the amount of kids that would likely commit to play with Arch Manning makes me think it would be worth it to me
thoughts?
Yes! I would 100% take Cutcliffe as the QB coach if it meant we landed Arch.

If several good, proven coaches say no, I'd be OK with a Cut bandaid to steady the program for 5-6 years.

But I think at that point just bring JP back another year.

Coach Cut has not been a good coach at Duke. It’s hard to win there but people make it sound like winning 3 games at Duke is the same as winning 10 games anywhere else. If you want to see what a good coach looks like at a school with strict academic enrollment then look at Franklin’s time at Vandy or Harbaugh’s time at Stanford. If you want to see what a good coach looks like at a historically bad football school then look at Mullen’s time at MS State or Saban’s time at LSU.

Coach Cut has not been a good coach at Duke. It’s hard to win there but people make it sound like winning 3 games at Duke is the same as winning 10 games anywhere else. If you want to see what a good coach looks like at a school with strict academic enrollment then look at Franklin’s time at Vandy or Harbaugh’s time at Stanford. If you want to see what a good coach looks like at a historically bad football school then look at Mullen’s time at MS State or Saban’s time at LSU.
LSU is not a historically bad football program! LOL

I’d say yes........just to get Pruitt fired; however immediately afterwards I’d say heck no as loudly as possible.

Pruitt needs to be gone......regardless who the next coach is.

However in NO way “should” the next coach be Cutcliffe. He’s still a “decent” coach.......but his time is over.

2 losing seasons in a row, 3 out of the past 5......he’s not the answer........not even with a great QB prospect.

I must admit.......right about now......I’d settle for a few of those unknowns, unproven’s, up and comers.....ect. Tennessee has a bonified loser right now. With almost “any” change at least the “could” be some hope for better and hope for change.

However “if” Tennessee were to fire Pruitt, it would make no sense to keep doing what they have been doing........may as well try to land the best possible......even before he is fired.

Reactions: Border Vol
If several good, proven coaches say no, I'd be OK with a Cut bandaid to steady the program for 5-6 years.

But I think at that point just bring JP back another year.

Support the players ,support the school, support Pruitt and the assistant coaches. All Vol fans pull together. If we can't show significant progress next year, go get the best available coach. Pruitt took over a dumpster fire. Pruitt had two recruiting classes that he fully recruited. Freshmen didn't use to even be eligible to play and most are not ready to contribute. 2020 , no spring practice for QB's. HB missed most of pre season practice. The Vols won the first two games. Pruitt did not realize the urgency of getting HB or the other QB's ready until the wheels came off against Kentucky.. It takes times for a freshman QB to be ready to run an offense. This year was off the rails from the get go. I don't think any new coach will come here now if he thinks the fans are coming with pitchforks if we are not in the SEC championship game by year 3. We took some lumps in year two but progress was still apparent by the end of the season. The insults that Pruitt has received on here are unbelievable. The man knows ten times more football than 99 % of the fans that post on here. Many posters act as if they have all of the answers.. I support Pruitt and Fulmer. I have been going to games since the early sixties. Negativity is going to kill football at UT. If we don't fix our attitudes, we want be an attractive job to any coach.

thoughts?

No that ship has sailed.

Coach Cut is getting old, and lacks the enthusiasm and intensity needed. You could really see it these last two seasons at Duke. It mirrors Spurrier's last 2 seasons at SCAR.

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back