Would you root for Florida to destroy us?

Honest question. Given the obvious lack of development (regressed in many aspects) and the general feeling of how this is going to end anyways, will you find yourself secretly rooting for UF to kill us this weekend so we are forced to make a change?

I can’t imagine we let Pruitt continue to coach after we lose by 38 points to Florida... maybe the boosters will wake up?
No , Hope Bailey starts and provides a spark to the whole team and we produce the biggest upset in UT history. Yeah I know, the odds.....hey people win the Powerball every couple months. The odds for a win are better than that.

Wrong. It's for the greater good.

It's not "cheering" for UT to lose. It's cheering for UT to be who we know they are.
It is cheering for UT to lose. There is no “greater good” except in the minds of some clueless posters here. Pruitt is not getting fired this year and to cheer for the Vols to lose to anyone is stupid.

It is cheering for UT to lose. There is no “greater good” except in the minds of some clueless posters here. Pruitt is not getting fired this year and to cheer for the Vols to lose to anyone is stupid.
Well color me clueless, but I GUARANTEE the Vols aren't winning Saturday.

And yes, I bought 4 tickets (that I probably can't even get $10 for) to go watch the s*** show in person.

Reactions: tnvols72
Honest question. Given the obvious lack of development (regressed in many aspects) and the general feeling of how this is going to end anyways, will you find yourself secretly rooting for UF to kill us this weekend so we are forced to make a change?

I can’t imagine we let Pruitt continue to coach after we lose by 38 points to Florida... maybe the boosters will wake up?
Would you take one in the keister for $20?
Hell no and if anyone does they’re worse than a Russian spy on American soil in 1980

Yes, I would.

Why? Losing to a team that’s owned us the past decade is more forgiving than having to sit through another year of Pruitt.

The future is more important than one game imo.

I don’t have to root for them to.......they simply will.

But no, I’ll never “root” for a Tennessee loss.

Also, much like my first sentence........Pruitt doesn’t need Florida help to show he sucks or to eventually get him fired.......”he” simply will do that.

We could beat Florida with Bailey starting and Pruitt would put JG back out there during the next game after he’s over covid.

If it meant General Neyland would raise from the grave to take over coaching and Peyton Manning would take up QB duties, I STILL would never root for Florida to beat us. I would not piss on them to put out a fire. I can respect their program and what Mullen has done there but cheering them to beat us? OP has a bad BVS sickness. I just want TN to finally be what they are supposed to be.

To answer your question OP, no, I'm not rooting for UF to win. But, I'm not even going to watch the game. I decided I had watched enough of this season after the UK debacle.

I might gain a little more interest in UT football after someone figures out how to breathe some life back into this dying program.

Last edited:
Yes, I would.

Why? Losing to a team that’s owned us the past decade is more forgiving than having to sit through another year of Pruitt.

The future is more important than one game imo.
Saying such a thing is akin to saying you’d give a blow pop for $100...... it’s just dirty unacceptable behavior

Hell no. I just want to see Tennessee win. I'm rooting for UT to win the last three and then never look back. It's as unrealistic as Pruitt getting fired if he loses to UF, but him beating UF and turning things around would be the ideal scenario...so I'll root for that. I was ready for Butch to be gone, but I still rooted for a win every game. Let's face it, we'd all gladly have taken the Butch-isms if he was bringing home championships. Winning cures all.

It doesn’t matter which team I “pull” or “root” for. Majority of the time the better team wins the game. And that will absolutely happen this weekend.

Are some of you under the impression you have an effect on the outcome of a game through some sort of telepathy?

VN Store

Back