Would you Quit Beating Your Head Against The Wall

To summarize the overall response to the OP
source.gif

Nope, you're the one that kept saying "Responsible for" not partially. Thats what started the conversation in the first place. Cincy said Butch helped get us in this mess. But you weren't having it. Follow the stupidity back, itll be easy with the post below.
If you fail to grasp the rhetorical meaning of what I wrote I, nor anyone else, can help you.

It’s your axe you grind....everyone else involved understood what was being said.

I'm not worried, Pruitt says we're 100x better than last year, we'll be 200x better next year and 300x better in year 4, look out SEC, the Vowels are coming to a town near you soon
So do we have to hit 1000x better before we actually see results

Well maybe you will get your way on the next failed hire. Maybe they will fire the next guy after the spring game or better yet right after signs a disappointing first class. Even the scales a bit.

Some have figured out its not the firing process that has set UT back. Its the step before that.
Is bad football the step before the firing process?

There are two extremes of fans, positive and negative. The program is also at one of these extremes, guess which fans are basing their opinions on results and not hope.

Hope in one hand. Crap in the other. The other will always fill up faster than the one.

I see.

I thought you were trying to make a point that both Bama and UF weren't afraid to fire a coach after 2 seasons and that's why. they ended up with who they did and where they are. My mistake.

Ifs and buts....and so on.
IF that happens the conversation is there to be had.
I was trying to make the point that Alabama and Florida aren't afraid to fire coaches after a couple seasons. Dennis francione was only coach for one year at Alabama 2001-2002. Mike price one year 2003. Mike shula 2003-2006. Joe Kines 2006. Then they hired saban in 2007. Through trial and error they found the right guy.

I was trying to make the point that Alabama and Florida aren't afraid to fire coaches after a couple seasons. Dennis francione was only coach for one year at Alabama 2001-2002. Mike price one year 2003. Mike shula 2003-2006. Joe Kines 2006. Then they hired saban in 2007. Through trial and error they found the right guy.

Franchione coached at Bama for 2 years and left on his own after Bama was put on probation. Bama didn't fire him.

Price. Lol. He couldn't keep his pants on long enough to be the head football coach at Bama.

Shula was the closest to your unafraid to fire idea. He lasted 4 years before he was let go. Later he vacated 21 wins during his tenure over the Bama textbook scandal. They didnt really have a quick hook on him.

Kines wasn't hired to be the head coach at Bama. He was the interim for 1 game after Shula was fired.

So 1 of the 4 quit. 1 was fired before he ever coached a game. And 1 was never hired to be the HC.

Bama should send Rich Rod a million dollars a year for the rest of his life for backing out.

Maybe Florida is a better example?

Last edited:
For UF you might could argue Mac just because it was 2 and a half years. But there was a lot of stuff going on there outside football. He had won the east in his first 2 years so it wasnt like he was on the edge.

Muschamp went 4-8 in his 3rd year and got a 4th season before he was fired. So hes kinda the opposite of the idea.

Zook got 3.

I havent found any recent examples of either school firing a guy after a couple seasons much less a trend being set by either of them.

VN Store

Back