Would players still opt out?

PG1

Let’s say they expand the Playoffs to 16 teams and use Florida as an example. If they were let’s say a 7Th or 8th seed or lower and knowing they would have to play 4 more games to win the NC would these NFL eligible players still opt out? I say yes I believe if players knew there chances of getting hurt over a 4 game span I think more players would opt out including players from BAMA Clemson and Ohio St.

Let’s say they expand the Playoffs to 16 teams and use Florida as an example. If they were let’s say a 7Th or 8th seed or lower and knowing they would have to play 4 more games to win the NC would these NFL eligible players still opt out? I say yes I believe if players knew there chances of getting hurt over a 4 game span I think more players would opt out including players from BAMA Clemson and Ohio St.

16 teams is too many.

Apply that theory to a 6 or 8 team playoff and I think you’d see fewer opt outs.

The downside is you’d have more blowouts with the extra round of games.

Reactions: VolNExile
16 teams is too many.

Apply that theory to a 6 or 8 team playoff and I think you’d see fewer opt outs.

The downside is you’d have more blowouts with the extra round of games.
I think maybe at first you might, but at the same time you might get a 2 loss Florida team whose players don’t opt out taking on a 2 seed Clemson at Clemson. There’s no way you could convince me that both teams wouldn’t have an entertaining game and that it wouldn’t be competitive. I think matchups would be key in those games, plus not giving teams a month to prepare and recover all of their guys.
If the PAC 12 could get their stuff together and actually field a very good team it would be fun to see a PAC12 team host a playoff game against an SEC or ACC school. I think the intrigue of the potential matchups and the reward of a home playoff game keeps the regular season relevant and would drive the interest in an expanded CFP. And in all honesty, I really don’t care about the Cinderella G5 schools having a guaranteed opportunity. I’m sure everyone would be banging the drum for the little guy because everyone loves a good story, but I think that’s where the blowouts would happen, when Coastal has to go to Tuscaloosa or Columbus.

Reactions: PG1
I think maybe at first you might, but at the same time you might get a 2 loss Florida team whose players don’t opt out taking on a 2 seed Clemson at Clemson. There’s no way you could convince me that both teams wouldn’t have an entertaining game and that it wouldn’t be competitive. I think matchups would be key in those games, plus not giving teams a month to prepare and recover all of their guys.
If the PAC 12 could get their stuff together and actually field a very good team it would be fun to see a PAC12 team host a playoff game against an SEC or ACC school. I think the intrigue of the potential matchups and the reward of a home playoff game keeps the regular season relevant and would drive the interest in an expanded CFP. And in all honesty, I really don’t care about the Cinderella G5 schools having a guaranteed opportunity. I’m sure everyone would be banging the drum for the little guy because everyone loves a good story, but I think that’s where the blowouts would happen, when Coastal has to go to Tuscaloosa or Columbus.
I agree but that still one more game a #1 seed has to play who knows a couple key injuries that could effect them the next game!

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back