Would Memphis & Nashville Vols go to StLouis?

Vfl2407

If UK and Mizzou both lose before Saturday and Sunday, there will be a lot of cheap tickets floating around.

I looked up the distance.
Memphis to StLouis is 280 miles.
Nashville to StLouis is 310 miles.
Both drivable in 4-5 hours.

If we are still playing Sat/Sun, I hope we have a good representation in ORANGE!

Reactions: 2 people
JMO but I expect a light orange turnout this weekend. I for one am not going so I can go to the ncaas.

Reactions: 1 person
I live in Iowa. Will be a party 4 of going down this weekend for sure if we are still in it.

Last edited:
I know this voids the purpose of your question, but am I the only one vastly disappointed the tournament is in St Louis? I mean that city is on average the farthest SEC city from all the other schools... To me, it just doesn’t make sense.

Nashville/Atlanta would have been much better central hubs for all fans wanting to attend.

Reactions: 7 people
I know this voids the purpose of your question, but am I the only one vastly disappointed the tournament is in St Louis? I mean that city is on average the farthest SEC city from all the other schools... To me, it just doesn’t make sense.

Nashville/Atlanta would have been much better central hubs for all fans wanting to attend.

Just a dumb move by the sec

Reactions: 3 people

Makes as much sense as holding the Big 10 tourney in New York. Still trying to welcome missouri to the conference. It won't be there again in the next decade.

I know they would attend if it was in Alaska, but I did see a lot of KY fans in the stands last night.

Reactions: 2 people
For Memphis Vols...should UT make the Finals on Sunday, you can probably time it right to hit Lamberts after the game.

Just don't eat too much since the drive back on I-55 in Arkansas is pretty boring.

Reactions: 3 people
I would love to go there from Memphis but I got my kiddos this weekend! I'll be rooting from my garage! Go vols!

I would love to make the drive from Memphis and go. I’ll be at work during all 3 of our potential games though.

Round trip ticket from Jackson to St Louis on airchoiceone for $80. FYI

https://reservations.airchoiceone.com/en/Flight/Search?interline=false&fromCityCode=MKL&toCityCode=STL&departureDateString=2018-3-9&returnDateString=2018-3-9&adults=1&children=0&infants=0&roundTrip=true&useFlexDates=true&allInclusive=&promocode=&fareTypes=&currency=USD

Well, I have tickets to the Final 4 and a hotel reserved outside of San Antonio. My wife , a big UK fan, is going regardless with a friend, so my plan is to leave on Thursday and drive it. Hey, if those plans go bust, I just cancel my hotel and sell 2 of the 4 tickets and head to Augusta on Monday for practice.

With Mizzou losing last night, if UK loses to Georgia today there will be tons of cheap tickets for sale all over StLouis.

If we beat MSU, I hope a lot of our fans decide to make the trip on Saturday.

I would love to go there from Memphis but I got my kiddos this weekend! I'll be rooting from my garage! Go vols!

Can’t take your kids to watch the Vols?
Are you not allowed to transport them across state lines?
Not a true VFL. :ermm:

It's going to be in Tampa in 2022, which doesn't make sense either. It needs to alternate between Atlanta and Nashville imo.

I agree with what you say, for the most part.
I started to work up a "distance from" sheet showing time and distance from St. Louis or Nashville or Memphis or B-Ham and others from SEC schools. After thinking about it the only thing I could say about St. Louis is it may help exposure and recruiting for the SEC. It is not good for crowd numbers (as can be seen when they by accident pan the seats). I think if you are not going to worry about holding the tourney in an SEC city, then B-ham or Jackson Ms. may be more centrally located. But god forbid either one. Just some thoughts.

I live in Atlanta and work in Nashville, couldn’t agree more!

VN Store

Back