Would love to see a, "What ________________ fans are saying..." right now.

I think the cheapshots being taken are really a sign of respect. The FL/GA coaches/sports writers see the talent gap is closing fast and they know what Pruitt and staff can do with a talented team. Not sure why the OK coach took his cheapshot other than stupidity since that will be bulletin board material the week of our game with them. So don't get mad Vol fans see it as a compliment.

Would be really fun to see the meltdowns across the landscape of college football.
There is no melting down or fear. Good for TN on their 2021 commits. If these are highly recruited kids, they will continue to be pursued by the other big boys (UGA, UF, Auburn, Bama, Clemson, etc.). If TN as a promising season, maybe you keep all of them but they don't help in 2020. I keep reading about all the high expectations for this year. Unless I'm wrong, TN finished 2020 with the #10 class. You know who was better than that? Georgia, Florida, and Alabama. Do you know which 3 top 10 teams TN played last year and the results of those games? Here's a hint: they weren't close. All of this TN hype is based on the Vols finishing with 6 consecutive wins (over un-ranked opponents) and a nail-biter over Indiana. (Just imagine the different narrative about TN had the Vols not pulled that one out.).

I think the cheapshots being taken are really a sign of respect. The FL/GA coaches/sports writers see the talent gap is closing fast and they know what Pruitt and staff can do with a talented team. Not sure why the OK coach took his cheapshot other than stupidity since that will be bulletin board material the week of our game with them. So don't get mad Vol fans see it as a compliment.
NM...found it.

I know what we need to be saying if the team performs well this year.......

Pay these men (staff).

On an Alabama board they're noticing the talent Pruitt is pulling and pretty sure he's their next coach.

In Athens I think they're more worried about another year of mediocrity and failure installing a new offense with that vast talent pool they can't ever seem to accomplish anything with.

Reactions: norrislakevol
There is no melting down or fear. Good for TN on their 2021 commits. If these are highly recruited kids, they will continue to be pursued by the other big boys (UGA, UF, Auburn, Bama, Clemson, etc.). If TN as a promising season, maybe you keep all of them but they don't help in 2020. I keep reading about all the high expectations for this year. Unless I'm wrong, TN finished 2020 with the #10 class. You know who was better than that? Georgia, Florida, and Alabama. Do you know which 3 top 10 teams TN played last year and the results of those games? Here's a hint: they weren't close. All of this TN hype is based on the Vols finishing with 6 consecutive wins (over un-ranked opponents) and a nail-biter over Indiana. (Just imagine the different narrative about TN had the Vols not pulled that one out.).

If I was a dog fan, I'd be concerned that my team has wasted tons of talent over the past several years and that our window of opportunity (to win a NC) is closing fast. I'd also be concerned about my offense. Should have a great defense, but you still have to score offensively to win. New QB, lost 5 offensive linemen; yea I'd be concerned. To be honest, as a leg-humper fan, I'd be bracing for a 8-4, 9-3 type season.

You can ignore it all you want that’s fine. Your right they weren’t close everyone knows the X’s and O’s as to why it happened. They’re all higher in recruiting rankings. That’s good for them but let’s focus on Georgia.

Since y’all have had your choice of who you want for years what’s it gonna take for Georgia to get there? It’s not talent. It’s not ability. It’s coaching. They have no excuse he’s been there long enough and has nothing to show.

If I was a dog fan, I'd be concerned that my team has wasted tons of talent over the past several years and that our window of opportunity (to win a NC) is closing fast. I'd also be concerned about my offense. Should have a great defense, but you still have to score offensively to win. New QB, lost 5 offensive linemen; yea I'd be concerned. To be honest, as a leg-humper fan, I'd be bracing for a 8-4, 9-3 type season.

They’ve coined him as a Heisman dark horse.

There is no melting down or fear. Good for TN on their 2021 commits. If these are highly recruited kids, they will continue to be pursued by the other big boys (UGA, UF, Auburn, Bama, Clemson, etc.).
Do you just not follow recruiting, or are you completely full of crap? You may not personally be melting down, but the numerous attempts to downplay the commitments of the composite number one linebacker and number one weakside defensive end smells like fear to me.

Reactions: jerrync
Thanks Uncle Lou.

You can ignore it all you want that’s fine. Your right they weren’t close everyone knows the X’s and O’s as to why it happened. They’re all higher in recruiting rankings. That’s good for them but let’s focus on Georgia.

Since y’all have had your choice of who you want for years what’s it gonna take for Georgia to get there? It’s not talent. It’s not ability. It’s coaching. They have no excuse he’s been there long enough and has nothing to show.

The whole Kirby-has-nothing-to-show-for-it is the second favorite slight to UGA, right after the 1980 thing. Unlike the 1980 observation, which is legit, "nothing to show for it" is ridiculous. In the past three years, UGA has DOMINATED their division rivals. They have 3 East titles, one conference title, and two BCS bowl wins. (You already knew that. You just choose to ignore it so you can paint Kirby Smart as some kind of failure). There isn't another conference team not named Alabama with a run close to that.

The whole Kirby-has-nothing-to-show-for-it is the second favorite slight to UGA, right after the 1980 thing. Unlike the 1980 observation, which is legit, "nothing to show for it" is ridiculous. In the past three years, UGA has DOMINATED their division rivals. They have 3 East titles, one conference title, and two BCS bowl wins. (You already knew that. You just choose to ignore it so you can paint Kirby Smart as some kind of failure). There isn't another conference team not named Alabama with a run close to that.
Would you rather have a ‘run’ like that or a title in that span like LSU with less conference titles to show for it? Always a bridesmaid UGA, always a bridesmaid.

HMMM one of those 6 was South Carolina, correct??

Would you rather have a ‘run’ like that or a title in that span like LSU with less conference titles to show for it? Always a bridesmaid UGA, always a bridesmaid.
I'd rather have a NC. Still, it's a slight to UGA. You think if the Vols had a run like UGA's recent run TN fans would view it as a some kind of failure? Not a chance.

I'd rather have a NC. Still, it's a slight to UGA. You think if the Vols had a run like UGA's recent run TN fans would view it as a some kind of failure? Not a chance.
If Tn had the talent ga has and nothing but a few division titles and bowl victories I would absolutely view it as a fail of epic proportions. Over the years nobody has done less with more like ga has.

If Tn had the talent ga has and nothing but a few division titles and bowl victories I would absolutely view it as a fail of epic proportions. Over the years nobody has done less with more like ga has.
No, you wouldn't. You use it against UGA because you have nothing else. If the Vols were beating UGA on the field, you guys would be beating your chests about that. That isn't happening so this is what you're left with.

No, you wouldn't. You use it against UGA because you have nothing else. If the Vols were beating UGA on the field, you guys would be beating your chests about that. That isn't happening so this is what you're left with.

This statement still doesn't change the fact the leg humpers are also rans

VN Store

Back