Worst football trip in SEC

It used to be Legion Field. Place is such a dump and not a good part of town. They literally had to shut off half the stadium because it is structurally unsound.

Also I can’t believe nobody has said Tuscaloser. It’s a dump too! Plus there’s half a million Bammers on gameday.

Reactions: RollerVol
Can’t say a SEC game, maybe the loss to Vandy a couple years ago... the trip to Charlotte last year to watch the WV beat down wasn’t a picnic.

UT played UF at Neyland that season

Okay, then Sept 99. I was there, too. The great Deion Grant picks off a pass in Gator territory in the final minutes and a game winning FG seems easily in reach. Until it wasn’t.

Can’t say a SEC game, maybe the loss to Vandy a couple years ago... the trip to Charlotte last year to watch the WV beat down wasn’t a picnic.

Which raises a point...just about every trip to watch the Vols over the past 10-15 years has sucked. I would hate to see our road record over that stretch.

Which raises a point...just about every trip to watch the Vols over the past 10-15 years has sucked. I would hate to see our road record over that stretch.

I think our overall record is bad enough to know it’s terrible.

Lexington is a cool town. Not the downtown part (downtowns are kind of all the same anyways) but the tracks, the horse park, etc are all really cool places.

Also they have a Turkey Creek’ish area that puts TC to shame.

Go have a nice dinner at Tony’s across from Rupp. Great food and atmosphere.

Confirms my suspicion that UT fans en masse buy into fake stories about mistreatment at Gator games in Gainesville.

I’ve said that for years. Cue the “Florida students threw a cup of urine on Ms Fulmer” stories. And the 50,000 or so UT fans who all somehow “witnessed it.”

Legion Field to see TN lose to Auburn sometime circa 1980. Even as an adolescent I was depressed by the industrial grime of the immediate surroundings. Maybe it's nicer now, wouldn't know or care.

Was 2009 the year McCluster ran for like 600 yards on us?
I was there. Had a blast with my friends in the grove but didn’t enjoy the game much. Then had fun again afterwards at the library. Beautiful women everywhere. I would go back in a heartbeat.

VN Store

Back