Worried about Hookers psyche?

Yup go and rewatch the Kentucky game. It's the blueprint. He only had 6 rushing yards against them and he only had a little over 20 yards rushing against USF. The way you beat AR is containing his legs and daring him to beat you with his arm. He isn't a good passer and we will get a couple ints imo.
Yup but my fear is he gets benched and the backup comes in and has the 1 game of his life.
We need to bang up whoever the QB is back there

Reactions: dduncan4163
Is his so so play by his own admitting got him mentally prepared for the biggest game of his life especially with a bunch of fans wanting Milton to start ? 🤔
What fans want Milton to start? He’s thrown a couple good balls. Zero evidence he could do that a full game. Hooker is the guy. No debate.

Currently only Bennett and Jefferson have a higher passing rating than Hooker.

Ask Richardson if he would trade starts of the season with Hooker.

It's not the biggest game of his life. It's the biggest game of this week.

Hendon's a pretty level-headed guy. I don't know if you've noticed, but he's uncommonly calm under pressure.

He won't have heard that fans are asking for Milton to start, because most fans aren't saying that. In fact, I haven't seen a single person propose that.

Hooker's good to go. I think he's poised to have his best game of the season so far. I think we're going to see him lighting up the field with completions.

Go Vols!
Yeah, I haven't seen anyone wanting Milton to start, in fact, all I've seen regarding Milton are those geniuses that already want Nico to start next year over Milton.

At first I predicted we easily cover the spread. Now I have my doubts for this reason. Florida, Tennessee, and Pitt are all in roughly the same tier imo. If we struggled to beat Pitt, we will struggle with Florida. Florida may actually be better than Pitt. But being at home will give us a welcome edge. As I sit now today, I predict at nail biter.

Reactions: NEWDAYVOL
Am I missing something? Hendon is one of the top 5 QB's in CFB. He has pretty much played 8 QTRS total in 3 games with 2 being blow outs. Only UT fans would somehow come up with something like this. The best thing about Hendon for me is that he plays within himself. You always heard growing up giving 110% , and that is somewhat false. I think a lot of times kids try to over play. They think that extending the play means better effort. They are trying to do too much. Sometimes the defense is going to out scheme you and they are going to win the down. You have to limit the loss moving onto the next snap. I think Hendon does an excellent job in that aspect. 90% of the time when the play is there he gaps you. I think that is the reason he is such a great fit with Heupel's offense.

Is his so so play by his own admitting got him mentally prepared for the biggest game of his life especially with a bunch of fans wanting Milton to start ? 🤔
Dude what? I haven't seen anyone wanting Milton to start. Hooker is 58-84 for 821 yards 5td 0ints. Thats the highest completion percentage and yards per attempt of his career. So statistically he is playing the best ball of his career....and people want him benched for the guy that was benched because he couldn't hit an open WR.
I don't get this fanbase sometimes.

Reactions: Volstar65
I have watched the game between florida and south florida several times...............it is so obvious how to beat Florida. 9 out of 10 times they are going to run the ball up the middle and dare you to stop them. If we can come close to stopping the run we can beat them like a drum ! I AM CONVINCED OF THIS. For the life of me, I do not believe that AR can beat us throwing the ball. Hey, I have been wrong lots of times. Also......we are not going to stop their running backs with shoulder tackles , waist and below only . They are too fast, strong, with excellent blocking.

Pretty sure the ground game is kind of Napier’s M.O. We’ll be seeing a lot of this in his tenure there.

Dude what? I haven't seen anyone wanting Milton to start. Hooker is 58-84 for 821 yards 5td 0ints. Thats the highest completion percentage and yards per attempt of his career. So statistically he is playing the best ball of his career....and people want him benched for the guy that was benched because he couldn't hit an open WR.

Woah… wait fanbase?
one goobers opinion does not constitute a fanbase

Reactions: Old Spice
He’s a smart, respectful and mature man. He will be fine. Next year will be Milton’s year to shine and give Nico a year to develop.

If he can come out of the tunnel and dial it in, we go up 14 in the first quarter, Florida will be toast. They will have to start focusing on the long ball and we will go through their o-line like s**t through a goose. That alone will crush their running game. Gotta be sure we dont get far behind so they have to focus on the passing game.

Some nerves are understandable for this one. Personally he has a lot riding on this game. It's one of those dare to be great situations we only get a few of in life. Judging by his demeanor in Mondays interview... He is ready to put this team on his back and throw his hat into the heisman conversation. However it plays out, I'm proud of this team.

Huh? I've been a little critical. He's had those early game jitters and hasn't been as accurate as we would like. He's still completing 70% of his throws and running the SEC's highest scoring O.

I'm not concerned about him being mentally prepared. I am concerned that he will get another slow start due to nerves.

Way of the world. I am glad we have coaches to make these decisions and professionals in other areas of society, so a few people with bad ideas wouldn’t mess things up.

Can we stop AR running though? Remember Ole Miss game last year ?
I do. UT couldn't stop any QB from running last year. Akron has a good running QB. He was nicked up but didn't show it when he took off a couple of times. UT practiced their AR defense against him. YTD, that kid is a more accurate passer than AR. Jacques-Louis would probably be UF's best WR if he played for them.

VN Store

Back