Won’t happen but wish Trey Smith could return next year..,

rockydoc

Way he is starting to play last two games would win Outland trophy. Last Tennessee player was Big John Henderson

Reactions: Volanta
I've never written "im happy for him, he needs to go get paid."

All through the years, whenever that situation reared its head, I thought to myself, "No, he needs to honor his commitment and play all four years."

But with Trey, for the first time, I honestly feel he needs to go get paid. If there's a team out there willing to give him substantial cash for his services, he should strike at the end of the year.

But oh, to have him for another year would be glorious. We're going to actually be pretty good next year.

I know nothing of his condition, but is he draftable? If you're an nfl team, can you draft a rookie that is
1. a high life-threatening, medical risk, and
2. cannot practice.

I’d love it if he comes back, but if he gets a first round draft grade I might be mad at him if he stays. He needs to take care of himself and family long before he owes anything to any of us.

That’s more reason for him to go now. If the clots come back he’ll be untouchable
Or...consecutive healthy seasons moves him from late round/UDFA to top two rounds? I’m sure he’ll educate himself on his options.

Reactions: livefaith
He could go, but he wouldn't be a Top 5 pick. If he returns, and we continue to improve next year, he could easily be a Top 5 pick and get the real money. If I were him I'd gamble and take a shot on Top 5.

I've never written "im happy for him, he needs to go get paid."

All through the years, whenever that situation reared its head, I thought to myself, "No, he needs to honor his commitment and play all four years."
But the schools commitment to the player is on a year by year basis. Strange to expect more from the players then the University.

Gonna be an iffy situation either way. A contract with several clauses relating to a medical condition. Of course it's his decision to make. Thanks Trey and Good Luck!

Trey needs another year to show the NFL that his health is good and modified practice schedule works.

I have no problem with him going, but he’ll be a late rounder or go undrafted and get a contract. Honestly, if he goes undrafted, the team who gets him will be getting an absolute steal.

I don’t think he gets drafted. It would be foolish of a team to take a risk on a pick that has to randomly sit out games periodically due to a medical condition.

VN Store

Back