Won’t happen but wish Trey Smith could return next year..,

DoyleMcOrange

Somebody Feed Bryce
I've never written "im happy for him, he needs to go get paid."

All through the years, whenever that situation reared its head, I thought to myself, "No, he needs to honor his commitment and play all four years."

But with Trey, for the first time, I honestly feel he needs to go get paid. If there's a team out there willing to give him substantial cash for his services, he should strike at the end of the year.

But oh, to have him for another year would be glorious. We're going to actually be pretty good next year.

37620VOL

Barely-Known Member
I know nothing of his condition, but is he draftable? If you're an nfl team, can you draft a rookie that is
1. a high life-threatening, medical risk, and
2. cannot practice.

LordBolton

He could go, but he wouldn't be a Top 5 pick. If he returns, and we continue to improve next year, he could easily be a Top 5 pick and get the real money. If I were him I'd gamble and take a shot on Top 5.

volfanhill

I've never written "im happy for him, he needs to go get paid."

All through the years, whenever that situation reared its head, I thought to myself, "No, he needs to honor his commitment and play all four years."
But the schools commitment to the player is on a year by year basis. Strange to expect more from the players then the University.

tbones0711

Salsa and Shine lite my fahr
Gonna be an iffy situation either way. A contract with several clauses relating to a medical condition. Of course it's his decision to make. Thanks Trey and Good Luck!

"It's Time"

Trey needs another year to show the NFL that his health is good and modified practice schedule works.

I have no problem with him going, but he’ll be a late rounder or go undrafted and get a contract. Honestly, if he goes undrafted, the team who gets him will be getting an absolute steal.

VN Store

Sponsors