Women in Ranger School

Pickled anything is my only known Achilles Heel when it comes to food. The smell turns my stomach.

Yeah I dont eat thay either. Or anything floating in or tasting like vinegar. We would be here all day if i told you all the things that I don't eat. Best picture I can give: there isn't a single salad dressing that i like. Lettuce, cheese, bacon bits, egg and sesame seeds if they are present. That's it. 95% of what I eat is either meat, cheese, bread, or taters in 1 form or another. There are a couple veggies I like, so i try to eat a bunch of them. I drink protein shakes that have all the vitamins in them because i know i am missing lots of vitamins and minerals. I envy people that like everything, and enjoy food. I dont really enjoy food. If I could take a pill every day and get all my calories etc, I would. There is 1 thing i would still "eat " regularly, but it ain't food. Have never like the tired feeling that i get after eating. Since i am trying to always gain weight, I have to over eat and it makes me nauseous. Sucks.

Trust me, in the .mil you find all sorts of things you typically wouldn't eat become palatable.

Hunger will do that to you.

Ask any veteran that served in the early 90s what they think of the MRE #4 Omelet with Ham. And furthermore, if they ate it when nobody wanted to trade.

The pork chop one absolutely sucks. Can’t put enough Tabasco from the accessory kit on them to give them taste and they had the texture of cardboard.

Some were decent. I think it was a chili mac one that I would trade to get.

The pork chop one absolutely sucks. Can’t put enough Tabasco from the accessory kit on them to give them taste and they had the texture of cardboard.

You talking about the dehydrated pork patty?

You talking about the dehydrated pork patty?

That might be the real name don’t know. My God it sucked.

Had a work interval where I had to eat them for a little over two weeks. And I wasn’t very active while eating them so I put on 5-10 lbs and crapped once every two days.

That might be the real name don’t know. My God it sucked.

Had a work interval where I had to eat them for a little over two weeks. And I wasn’t very active while eating them so I put on 5-10 lbs and crapped once every two days.

Dude, you missed out. Take that pork patty, the beef patty, and crackers and crumble them all together. Heat one canteen cup of water over a heat tab or triox, and stir in the dehydrated beef broth. Now, blend in the crumbled goodies and add the cheese spread.

MRE Meat Loaf. Damn good!

Disclaimer: like GV said, when your hungry...

I got a Desert Storm era MRE when I deployed to Pakistan in Sept 2001. The Tabasco had evaporated in all the MRE's...........

Dude, you missed out. Take that pork patty, the beef patty, and crackers and crumble them all together. Heat one canteen cup of water over a heat tab or triox, and stir in the dehydrated beef broth. Now, blend in the crumbled goodies and add the cheese spread.

I never EVER want to have that much useful knowledge of MREs... ugh. 🤮

I think they need true test of strength skills for the lady Marines.

Phase 1: Pickle Jar Opening Candidate will have one minute to open as many pickle jars (without breaking the glass) as possible. Minimum criteria to move to Phase 2: 1

Phase 2: Moving various pieces of furniture Candidate will have one hour to move a minimum of 2 of the following: Couch, love seat, recliner, refrigerator, deep freezer, dining room table, chest of drawers, dresser or entertainment stand

Phase 3: Spider Killing Candidate will have half an hour to kill at least two spiders.

Phase 4: Test Unknown since nobody has passed Phase 3 yet.

Funny stuff

The jalapeno cheese spread?

The jalapeno cheese spread?

No. Unfortunately, it was like a not so well aged cheese paste in a squeeze pack. Lol

And for dessert...wait for it...

Dehydrated peaches or strawberries or (gulp) some kind of cookie.

No. Unfortunately, it was like a not so well aged cheese paste in a squeeze pack. Lol

And for dessert...wait for it...

Dehydrated peaches or strawberries or (gulp) some kind of cookie.

I was going to say.....

I’ve only had post 9/11 MRE’s and even have some for hurricane season. They’re not that bad.

This drive to open all schools and positions within the military is going to get good me killed. I have no doubt that there are a few females that could complete Ranger school to standard but anybody that ever served knows standards will be lowered to accommodate.

Just some of the excerpts from the article are laughable.

Full Article;

Test run suggests women can meet Ranger standards

Women did not have the muscle mass that men do. Plus we don't have the testosterone levels that support growth of muscle mass. You have to be altered as a female to achieve that. If you alter yourself as a female the first thing to go is the bewbs...no sir.
I don't think the testing should be lowered to accommodate women. If you lower it for women you are accepting someone who may not be able to do the job in a crisis. I'm not saying women can't be mentally tough, they can. I'm saying physically, women aren't equal to men.
Feminazis would disagree I'm sure, but how many of them are signing up for ranger school?

Saw this article today, maybe it's time to talk about different pay scales.

Leaked Slides Show 84% Of Women Failing Army Fitness Test; Official Responds

“[T]he real killer for women is the ‘leg tuck’ portion of the ACFT, in which you assume a pull-up position and bring your hips and knees up to your elbows and back down as many times as possible in two minutes,” he explained. “That’s asking an awful lot for a woman who has given birth in the last few months; and allows, basically, for no time to actually train up for the event once her profile expires. Already, women are failing the leg tuck test by 72%.”

“It is no secret that sexism is a problem in the military,” Brown continued. “What this test makes clear is that said sexism knows no bounds, and with the capricious stroke of a pen, those men have found a way to wash an entire gender from the ranks. If 84% of women are failing the test, the problem is not with women soldiers; it’s the test.”

VN Store

Back