Women in Ranger School

Those Russians are working overtime.

I'm telling ya. Got an email saying Trump is God and I should vote for him in the next election. It was written in some weird script but Google translate helped me read it

I thought the purpose was for Klinger to be kicked out. Seems like nowadays, not only would he be accepted, but he would be the alpha male in the unit...

What would a guy have to do nowadays to get a Section 8?

I think he would change his tune on the section 8 stuff if he found out wearing dresses got him in the women's showers.

I thought the purpose was for Klinger to be kicked out. Seems like nowadays, not only would he be accepted, but he would be the alpha male in the unit...

What would a guy have to do nowadays to get a Section 8?

The only way out now is to be married and commit adultery or get a DUI.

Interesting.

Marine experiment finds women get injured more frequently, shoot less accurately than men - The Washington Post

Women in a new Marine Corps unit created to assess how female service members perform in combat were injured twice as often as men, less accurate with infantry weapons and not as good at removing wounded troops from the battlefield, according to the results of a long-awaited study produced by the service.

The research was carried out by the service in a nine-month long experiment at both Camp Lejeune, N.C., and Twentynine Palms, Calif. About 400 Marines, including 100 women, volunteered to join the Ground Combat Element Integrated Task Force, the unit the Marine Corps created to compare how men and women do in a combat environment.

“This is unprecedented research across the services,” said Marine Col. Anne Weinberg, the deputy director of the Marine Corps Force Innovation Office. “What we tried to get to is what is that individual’s contribution to the collective unit. We all fight as units… We’re more interested in how the Marine Corps fights as units and how that combat effectiveness is either advanced or degraded.”

I'm kind of surprised at the marksmanship item. I've typically found females to be on par and sometimes even better than males in regards to shooting. At least those who decidedly want to learn.

Interesting.

Marine experiment finds women get injured more frequently, shoot less accurately than men - The Washington Post

I'm kind of surprised at the marksmanship item. I've typically found females to be on par and sometimes even better than males in regards to shooting. At least those who decidedly want to learn.

Agree about the marksmanship thing as my experience has been like yours. Maybe the standardized weapons are sized in such a way it skews the results? It's a bit of a puzzle.

Agree about the marksmanship thing as my experience has been like yours. Maybe the standardized weapons are sized in such a way it skews the results? It's a bit of a puzzle.

That A4 system is supposed to have the Vltor A5 collapsible stock. I couldn't see LOP as being an issue. However, I could see the 203 being a problem for smaller stature folks. Not sure about that new H&K M27 since it also has a collapsible stock.

The other items do have merit though especially in regards to carrying folks out of the line of fire.

I thought this was a stupid point:

Ellen Haring, a reserve Army colonel and vocal advocate for fully integrating the military, said the results of the Marine Corps’ research are not surprising. The service was told to assess how individual women do in combat situations, but the task force instead assessed groups with average female Marines — rather than high performers — in them.

“They’re always coming up with these averages,” Haring said. “‘The average woman can’t do what the average man does. I don’t think that’s a surprise to any of us. But they weren’t told to do this based on averages. It has to be based on individual capabilities.”

Yeah, that's why it's called "average."

That A4 system is supposed to have the Vltor A5 collapsible stock. I couldn't see LOP as being an issue. However, I could see the 203 being a problem for smaller stature folks. Not sure about that new H&K M27 since it also has a collapsible stock.

The other items do have merit though especially in regards to carrying folks out of the line of fire.

I thought this was a stupid point:

Yeah, that's why it's called "average."

If having women in the group can be consistently shown to correlate with lowering the groups efficacy that pretty much stands on it's own merit. (I would think anyway)

If having women in the group can be consistently shown to correlate with lowering the groups efficacy that pretty much stands on it's own merit. (I would think anyway)

If I remember correctly, there's more than a few folks in the USMC that go into infantry as volunteers. But I'd assume (some former Jarhead will correct me I'm sure) some or a lot aren't volunteers. How does this correspond?

You end up with a bunch of average females that don't want to be infantry that end up being infantry and can't conform to the basic standards. And very likely standards are lowered as a result of that.

So, the good Colonel's argument about "averages" is completely without merit. You do a test with "average" people across the board or you end up with skewed results.

It depends on how they were measuring marksmanship. I could see where women would have more trouble than men with dynamic shooting drills especially if they were simulating combat stresses.

It depends on how they were measuring marksmanship. I could see where women would have more trouble than men with dynamic shooting drills especially if they were simulating combat stresses.

That's because they didn't set up the drill right.

"See those targets? They said you looked fat in those utilities..."

Reactions: 1 person
Baseline qual for ranger school for women would be number of pickle jars they can open in a minute. I'd say 6..

Baseline qual for ranger school for women would be number of pickle jars they can open in a minute. I'd say 6..

I think they need true test of strength skills for the lady Marines.

Phase 1: Pickle Jar Opening Candidate will have one minute to open as many pickle jars (without breaking the glass) as possible. Minimum criteria to move to Phase 2: 1

Phase 2: Moving various pieces of furniture Candidate will have one hour to move a minimum of 2 of the following: Couch, love seat, recliner, refrigerator, deep freezer, dining room table, chest of drawers, dresser or entertainment stand

Phase 3: Spider Killing Candidate will have half an hour to kill at least two spiders.

Phase 4: Test Unknown since nobody has passed Phase 3 yet.

I think they need true test of strength skills for the lady Marines.

Phase 1: Pickle Jar Opening Candidate will have one minute to open as many pickle jars (without breaking the glass) as possible. Minimum criteria to move to Phase 2: 1

Phase 2: Moving various pieces of furniture Candidate will have one hour to move a minimum of 2 of the following: Couch, love seat, recliner, refrigerator, deep freezer, dining room table, chest of drawers, dresser or entertainment stand

Phase 3: Spider Killing Candidate will have half an hour to kill at least two spiders.

Phase 4: Test Unknown since nobody has passed Phase 3 yet.

my sisters and mom spoiled me on number 3 because I never had to deal with any critters for them. Real world was a shock that has me slightly amused.

Does the jar have to be intact?

They are Army and can break anything...

Yes. They have to physically twist the lid off the jar of pickles, remove a pickle, eat said pickle. Rinse and repeat.

Give me 3 non cross fit pull ups, a spider kill, a grilled medium rare steak (involves turning grill on) and a 30 minute HUMMVEE endurance drive where they cannot text on their cellphone and I would consider them for school.

Yes. They have to physically twist the lid off the jar of pickles, remove a pickle, eat said pickle. Rinse and repeat.

Give me 3 non cross fit pull ups, a spider kill, a grilled medium rare steak (involves turning grill on) and a 30 minute HUMMVEE endurance drive where they cannot text on their cellphone and I would consider them for school.

I'm out!

Me too. Despite the fact I am a natural builder of shelter, can hunt and trap, worked outside for 26 years and do well in the elements...

I would never make it on 1 of those survivor type shows, and would have struggled in the military probably, because I simply cannot eat most foods. The list of things I do not eat is much, much longer than the list of things that i do..and the biggest killer is to this day, the only seafood that i will ever eat is salmon patties, and then only if my mom cooks them. My wife and kids don't eat seafood either, by choice. That wpuld starve me on 1 of those shows. In real life, the biggest one is mayo...I don't eat it, nor anything that contains it..which means anything with the word "salad" in it that isn't a bowl of lettuce, etc...people try to sneak mayo or miracle whip into everything. No sir.

My wife will eat just about anything but seafood. Puts ranch dressing on all kinds of stuff. I can't even stand the smell of it...

Me too. Despite the fact I am a natural builder of shelter, can hunt and trap, worked outside for 26 years and do well in the elements...

I would never make it on 1 of those survivor type shows, and would have struggled in the military probably, because I simply cannot eat most foods. The list of things I do not eat is much, much longer than the list of things that i do..and the biggest killer is to this day, the only seafood that i will ever eat is salmon patties, and then only if my mom cooks them. My wife and kids don't eat seafood either, by choice. That wpuld starve me on 1 of those shows. In real life, the biggest one is mayo...I don't eat it, nor anything that contains it..which means anything with the word "salad" in it that isn't a bowl of lettuce, etc...people try to sneak mayo or miracle whip into everything. No sir.

My wife will eat just about anything but seafood. Puts ranch dressing on all kinds of stuff. I can't even stand the smell of it...

Trust me, in the .mil you find all sorts of things you typically wouldn't eat become palatable.

Hunger will do that to you.

Ask any veteran that served in the early 90s what they think of the MRE #4 Omelet with Ham. And furthermore, if they ate it when nobody wanted to trade.

Pickled anything is my only known Achilles Heel when it comes to food. The smell turns my stomach.

Trust me, in the .mil you find all sorts of things you typically wouldn't eat become palatable.

Hunger will do that to you.

Ask any veteran that served in the early 90s what they think of the MRE #4 Omelet with Ham. And furthermore, if they ate it when nobody wanted to trade.

That was a delicacy compared to chicken ala king. There wasn't anyway to dress that **** up.

VN Store

Back